No playmakers, bad OL, no QB, terrible HC

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Aug 8, 2017.

1. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Damn it, why did you go and tell him for?

2. JethroTull

JethroTull 2018 Least Knowledgeable Poster

Outside of Leonard Williams who was a no brainer all of his picks are question marks.

Just because they are getting playing time on this horrible team doesn't make them good players. We will find out a lot more about his picks this season

3. JethroTull

JethroTull 2018 Least Knowledgeable Poster

Lol says much about his standards. He wanted to keep Mac thinking he was responsible for the Idzik 12.

4. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Good post except for the cap part. The Jets had tons of it and all that is left Skrine.

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  5. FJF

I'm done dude. The way you over rated some of macs picks tells me all I need to know. Go ahead and have the last word,I'm out

6. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Mac is an Average GM imo with possibility to improve

Good previous posts on strengths and weaknesses of his tenure

The Jets are his rookie team....Like I have said before this is an organization that offers nothing but aggravation to past Coaches and GMs So this is what you pick up for management folks, Mac and Bowles

Bowles is more of a problem than MM despite his bonehead moves overpaying Fitz Mevis etc

Bowles has to go as the team rebuilds and then grabs a FQB in 2018. Man is completely inept quack for HC

The only way to look at the state of Jets without suffering depressive episode

NCJetsfan and boozer32 like this.
  7. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

LMAO who did i overrate? Of course your out, because you won't take the time to make your stance. we are just supposed to read your mind oh glorious master of wisdom

boozer32 likes this.
  8. GasedAndConfused

Yeah i fucked up my years on our cap hell. Idzik left a pathetic roster behind but left us with a ton of cap room

boozer32 likes this.
  9. GasedAndConfused

No such thing as a no brainer in the draft. You still gotta give credit where it's due. not to mention we had sheldon and wilk already. It was the right pick, but it wasn't an easy one to make at the time.

10. FJF

You pretty much overrated everyone who is still on the roster.
    Mauldin,sure he may start but that says more about the state of our olbs than his skill. He is just as likely to be a cut in 4 weeks
    Petty not a solid back up,at this point he is fighting to stay on as a 3rd. Better odds he bounces around a few teams the next 2-3 years before he is out of the league
    I can't take you seriously when you call them good picks.
    Again my stance, mac has done nothing in 3 years to make this team better than we inherited it.
    I
    1 good dl draft pick. That's all he has right now. To say he should get 3 more years from that is , well, the same as calling petty a solid back up qb right now.

11. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Liked times a thousand

12. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

You talking to me?

I said good posts on MM weakness and strength

Read my post..it would be nice to reply to posters ..gets confusing

13. JETS1116

JETS1116 Well-Known Member

Idzik drafted 2014....

14. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Comparing and insinuating that Mac and Idzik picks are similar is by far the craziest bunch of nonsense I have ever read. You can hate Mac all you want, but the comparison is ludicrous. Hard to judge talent when your coach sucks and does not, ever, get the best out of his players. Particularly out of the D where he is supposed to be a genius. LOL.
    After this season, we will have three first rounders' with sufficient talent to be in the pro ball, Williams, Lee and Adams. So please stop this shit already. If Hack becomes our guy he isn't going no where but up.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  15. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

This is utterly ridiculous. One of the most erroneous posts I've ever seen.

No one (including Idzik) knows what he was going to do. He was slow to think or act, and too cautious/conservative.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand that Woody would not allow a complete rebuild when Mac started. Woody had been saying for a while that it had been too long since the Jets were in the playoffs and said that had to happen. It clearly took him two more years to realize that that wasn't going to happen with that roster that you ridiculously claim was better than this one, and that's why we are finally able to rebuild this year.

Neither is Mac "digging out" from that spree. Not only is it grossly inaccuate, but it's a flat out stupid comment. Forté is the only player left from that "spree." Mac had to spend all that money, not only to satisfy the NFL, but to try to make the team as competitive as possible, and to satisfy Woody. If you doubt or dispute that, you haven't been paying attention.

Then you make the stupidest and most inaccurate claim of all that he burned up cap space and only has 1 good draft pick so far. That's flat out laughable. You have made some really good posts recently, but this one is totally stupid, flawed, erroneous, and ridiculous, beyond absurd. If you really think that Mac has made only one good draft pick so far, you need to give up football, because you're totally clueless when it comes to assessing talent.

#55 NCJetsfan, Aug 12, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
    Leicester Jet and LAJet like this.
  16. NCJetsfan

ROFLMFAO!! You're ridiculous. Obviously, you don't know what fair is.

17. NCJetsfan

Are you really that stupid?

18. NCJetsfan

IMO you did slightly overrate some of the players, but you're infinitely more correct than FJF is.

That's his modus operandi...make a few snide comments and then he's out. He never backs anything up facts, just insults others opinions and posts, and clearly thinks he knows everything. I had some hope for him because he actually has made some really good posts recently, but then in a post or two, erases all the positive. He lost about all credibility today (or should have) with any thinking Jets fan with his asinine post. He further shows his cluelessness with saying Bowles should stay, yet trashing Mac. You can't make this shit up.

19. FJF

Maybe we should have his bust made for tha h.o.f. then.
    He has been here 3 years is below 500 and this year might be the worst team in the league:
    Heck of a gm boy. Enshrine this beast

20. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I will save you the trouble -----> I think Bowels is a terrible coach and should be gone -------> Mac has shown me very little and I could care less if he is here or gone next year. Some say let him pick his own coach and thats fair but thus far he does not give me a warm and fuzzy feeling .