Herm again

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Chrisiue, Aug 8, 2017.

1. Chrisiue

Chrisiue Well-Known Member

10 minutes ago I'm watching ESPN and Herm Edwards states that the Jets must depend on their defense in 2017 and Todd Bowles must play it safe on offense. Same old Herm, same old sickening crap about not making mistakes instead of playing offense to score.
    How is this idiot even employed.
    This playing it safe BS is what made this team sickening for years.

Royal Tee, boozer32 and NYJetsO12 like this.
  2. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

There's a reason he's not coaching.

3. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

Herm was a nice guy and great motivator but he sucked as a player and sucked as a coach and couldn't call plays to save his life.

Chrisiue and boozer32 like this.
  4. JulesWinfield89

JulesWinfield89 Active Member

Herm is clueless but I'd take him back in a heartbeat over Todd Kotite Bowles

5. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Fellas tbe only chance we have to win a game is to play herm ball. Run tbe ball don't take any chances on third down and rely on our dee. It's call no offense good dee. And our coach is as bad as herm managing tbe came. To bad we don't have chad as qb

westiedog1 likes this.
  6. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Nonsense. That will only lead to a bunch of 3 and outs, maybe a few FGs. Opposing teams will stack 8-9 men in the box. The Jets are going to have to throw the ball intemediate and deep if they have any chance of winning.

Chrisiue likes this.
  7. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

True. No chance of winning. Throw tbe ball deep. U gotta be kidding with our ol and weapons. Get used to three and out. Man U need a reality check. Maybe sat night

westiedog1 likes this.
  8. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

If we're going to lose a lot (which we are), I would rather do it my winging the ball around.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Burnz, NCJetsfan and boozer32 like this.
  9. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Herm Edwards ...what a joke

Years ago he ran back a botch play by the Giants and was a hero in Phil

After that ...just all downhill ...Tied with with Bowles and Kotite as historic Jet Coaching Failures...He runs his mouth like he is some expert...but it's just a song and dance

Who said they wanted him back ????? ....FOMCL

Chrisiue and boozer32 like this.
  10. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Herm ego was his problem. Never held the position of defensive coordinator and would only interview for head coaching jobs. He was more fluff than substance and his coaching exposed him. He had to hire a guy to manage the clock for him. The clock!

NCJetsfan, tomdeb, ajax and 1 other person like this.
  11. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

LMAO and that dude still fucked it up

tomdeb, ajax, boozer32 and 2 others like this.
  12. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

I'll say this, under Herm the Jets did not turn the ball over, they stayed within themselves, they didn't commit stupid penalties...they stuck to their strengths and never quit. Always played hard. Yes the conservative nature was maddening since the Jets were never a ground and pound franchise before.

Under Bowles they outright quit. With Herm at least they were disciplined and motivated

Dierking, sec314 and westiedog1 like this.
  13. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

I would hate to have to catch a flight with Herm and Geno...

ukjetsfan likes this.
  14. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

3 and out and a decent punt with this offense is a laudable goal. Throwing the ball will lead to pick sixes and short field interceptions running up the score and putting the Jets out of the game early. Herm's advice is sound. Make your opponents earn every point they get. If they're going to get a TD, make them drive the whole field to get it. Don't give them any freebies or long TD passes. I think the best outcome for any game this season is for the Jets to keep the score as low as possible while on the losing side. At least this will give the defense something to play for. Forget winning, I doubt this team will be favored to win any game they play this season.

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  15. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

This is the thinking of every coach we've had for the last 20 years. Play defense, try to play it safe on offense. It's the reason I'm most disappointed in Bowles. In Arizona Arians pushes the ball down the field no matter what. Hell they were on their 3rd QB couple years ago and they had the same game plan as when Palmer was in there. Wont always work out if you don't have the talent but at least they stick to their philosophy and I thought Bowles would bring that attitude to NY but he hasn't.
    We're STILL babying the offense. I get we don't have superstar players but who cares?? install a system/mindset/culture from the day you walk in the door. Push the ball at least try to be aggressive. The only one that had free reign to try was Fitzpatrick and yeah he sucked but hell it was exciting I was happy to see him try. Let the young guys do the same. He let fitz throw 6 ints but God forbid Petty or hack make a mistake?? let them play, REALLY play. Take the gloves off like you do with the defense let the young guys go after it. Got nothing to lose.

ajax, FJF, NCJetsfan and 1 other person like this.
  16. Chrisiue

17. Chrisiue

Agree with every word, how are we ever going to know if it is possible a qb can play if on 3rd and 8 QB throws a 3 yd. pass completes it for 3 yds. AndBowles is happy that the offense did not make a mistake.
    This crap has got to end.

Jedi mind tricks and NCJetsfan like this.
  18. NCJetsfan

We'll just have to agree to disagree. I think that approach will only lead to the Jets scoring no points, and their young offensive players not developing. That's playing not to lose, and we've seen enough of that over the last 10-20 years to last several lifetimes. You have a short memory, my friend.

19. NCJetsfan

Anyone who knows anything about football knows that you have to throw the ball deep some to keep opposing Ds honest and from stacking 8-9 men in the box. We have QBs who can throw the ball deep and we have speedy WRs who can get deep. We have some TEs that can block as well, and may have a FB this year who can as well.

Anyone who thinks we can win by running the ball and being very conservative is the one who needs a reality check. Have you forgotten what happened when Chad was QB? There were routes he couldn't throw and opposing Ds knew it, didn't have to worry about them, and could jump on all the short routes and put 8-9 men in the box to stop the rushing attack.

20. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

We are not capable of winging it down the field. I hate hern ball it's a losers mentality Gonna be a lot of 3rd and longs and if we go 4 wide every time tbe qb will get killed with our weapons and line That's herms point

#20 sec314, Aug 9, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2017