Sheldon Richardson team leader

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JethroTull, Jun 22, 2017.

1. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I don't want to turn this into a Sheldon vs Mo debate. Mo had a broke leg playing the role of edge rusher. Not the best of ideas.

2. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

lmaoooo! Yeah that was crazy. That whole game just seemed so fixed. The harris interception called back because a guys shoe lace was inbounds ... 12 men on the field..

Wasn't it MM trying to call the time out desperately so Sheldon just kinda helped him? lol

omg I hate that game so much. whole season went down hill after that.

3. JetLifeLo

I can dig it. wasn't trying to take it there though we had enough of those on this site. I love both tbh. I want the "sack exchange 2" that most of us dreamed and imagined we'd have. They should literally be our anchor.

4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Sorry, I didn't mean it as a personal attack. Was just stating my opinion on how your defending Richardson and your comments come across to me. No, I don't know you. I can only go by what you say on here, and the way you or anyone dismiss Sheldon's attitude and actions says something about you/them whether you/they like it or not.

I'm not acting like I know everything. I have opinions and I'm stating them.

He's repeatedly shooting his mouth off and showing his attitude, which I don't like. It doesn't matter that I'm not paying him. I don't like him and can't root for him. I don't want players I despise on the team I love, especially when I think they hurt the team and its image. I don
    t need to lighten up. I can have whatever opinions I want about the team I root for. If you don't agree or like it, I'm sorry, but that's too bad.

You're wrong about be worrying about things that nobody on the Jets does. Both Mac and Bowles care about character. Woody too, it seems.

5. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

one year, maybe 2 years ago might even have been 3 i would say that he played the majority if his snaps at olb. and it was because we had too many dl and he was the only guy with the ability to do it. and he did it decently.

6. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

for some reason we as a society feel the need to punish people all the time and spend more time worrying about what the OTHER guy is doing than what we are doing ourselves. its really running rampant at this point. constantly judging and trying to find things to take guys down. its almost to the point of jealously in some cases. and its quite sad.

i used to think this way at times. trying to put my morals onto others that have lived completely different lives. thats why i get annoyed when i see people doing it.

JetLifeLo likes this.
  7. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Last year he didn't play much at olb. Year before that, yes. More then likely to set the edge in the run game

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

alleycat9 likes this.
  8. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

If there wasn't an LT that could contain him he woulda had 15 sacks last year. He'd be known as a sack artist by now. Mauldin sucked and Bowles was trying to get the best players on the field. That's basically it. Sheldon was on the edge and rushed the QB. He dropped back sometimes and people freak out. I'm not sure but to me if Sheldon played a 3t on a good team he might find his niche there. He's really not that big tho.
    Let's see what happens this year. They have a few really good guys on D but the roster is still thin. If Mo and Leo turn it up, Lee gets better, and the Safeties start fast it will help Sheldon. If Mauldin can show he belongs on the field at all that will help too.

FJF, JetLifeLo and 101GangGreen101 like this.
  9. JetLifeLo

I can agree with this

10. Boomboom

Boomboom Active Member

yeah at this point I'm so done talking about jets players that have sooooo much potential but never see it manifest lol