Sheldon Richardson team leader

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JethroTull, Jun 22, 2017.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Exaggerating an incident where a moron drove 130-140 in a residential area with a child in the back seat? Yeah, right. Some of us just have some common sense and morals. Evidently, you don't, or your standards are incredibly low. It's not just about the incident, either. It's the stupid things he says and does all the time, like the video last year, and crowing two years ago about how he expects to be paid. I've seen/heard enough of that BS with Revis to last several lifetimes. I wouldn't care if Richardson was a sure-fire lock first ballot electee into the HOF, with his attitude, I despise him and want him gone ASAP. I detest greedy individuals. They're what's ruining our country, from Big Pharma, Big Businness to policitians, to those who are willing to sacrifice common decency, compassion, or moral values for money.

2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

That make zero sense. Someone driving like that could kill you, your family, or someone else's family or multiple families. I swear, some of you guys don't think, or all you care about is winning in football.

3. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Walt White likes this.
  4. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

I've got to go. Obviously.

5. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

What, boning his secretary, whilst coked up, in an upstate motel, having a mid-life crisis? Not sure that's a huge improvement.;-)

alleycat9 likes this.
  6. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

man come on... we know what Sheldon is known for.. that OLB bullshit is Toilet Bowles's work.. when Sheldon plays that RE position there isn't too many LT's that can contain him.

7. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

how often do you think Sheldon plays OLB

8. JetLifeLo

lmao bro you don't know me from a can of paint ... nor Sheldon. Quit acting like you know everything. I have common sense and morals.. I never said what he did was ok... but goddamn he made a mistake! it's not like he's repeatedly getting in trouble. You're not paying these guys, they don't represent you or your family.. so stick to the sport. You're worrying about things that nobody in the Jets facility is worried about. Idk what kind of bond you have with athletes you don't know or what kind of standards and qualifications YOUR favorite teams players MUST have .. but you need to lighten up. Taking this way too serious. And again you don't know me so cool it with your cheap attacks..

9. JetLifeLo

more than most DE's

alleycat9 likes this.
  10. 101GangGreen101

Give me a percentage ... within his total # of snaps

11. JetLifeLo

Why do I feel like you're setting me up? lol.. go ahead and drop the bomb.

I do recall reading that he exaggerated his amount of OLB snaps recently.. but still and all he has no business playing there period. Takes away from what he does best.

edit -- only 20% last year. He spent his season rotating in and out of the d-line and playing OLB & even MLB..

The year before that his OLB number doubled 2016's.

before that he was a DROY and Pro-Bowl DE... and sought out to be one of the best in the league.

#71 JetLifeLo, Jul 17, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
  12. 101GangGreen101

[​IMG]

I am sure he had plenty of chances to rush the passer and only generated like 1.5 sacks. He lacks true versatility to play on the line, like Williams or Wilkerson. Hopefully he has a great season, but he will be gone after this year. Too much baggage, talks too much.

Walt White and NCJetsfan like this.
  13. Boomboom

Boomboom Active Member

I'm not gunna lie, if you had not actually posted the snap numbers I would have thought you were crazy lol. That's insane how ineffective he was last year. Richerdson is still riding the coattails from his first two season expecting to get huge money for being shit and being suspended the past few years.
    it's crazy he thinks he is due a big contract especially since the in the NFL there is such a small window of years to be dominate and he's wasted a good portion of it.

14. JetLifeLo

Im not going to s he didn't have a bad year, but overall he's been one of the better DE's since he's been in the league.

I don't even look at sack stats with our defense anymore... Seems like teams play differently IMO when they play the jets ... i'm not making excuses for none of these guys but just something I've noticed..

Really seems like teams commit to short passes and quick routes vs Jets. Either that or when you have CB's as swiss cheese as we've had over the last season it's hard to get a sack. They know not to call any pass plays that will take a little while to develop against us. Not using that as an excuse as to why Sheldon only have 1.5 sacks.. but it really plays it's part. None of them are racking up sacks to their potential.. but they are gobbling up most run games still.

15. 101GangGreen101

The last time he was a good DE, was his 2nd year when Mo when down. We don't have to look at stats specifically, but his pass rush productivity as a whole leaves much to be desired. You can't move him around the line and expect him to be productive. Leonard Williams can do what Sheldon does, that makes Sheldon expendable. The only way I see him staying is if Mo has a really bad season, gets cut and Sheldon takes lesser money to stick around. Jets aren't breaking the bank for him.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  16. 101GangGreen101

Pretty much, and hasn't done much outside of a few game saving tackles.

17. JetLifeLo

I think he'll realize that his actions from August that year will shed some millions off of what he will be offered.. and also his production from last year will shed some more. If he's willing to accept slight above average DE pay I'm all for it. I don't think the jets should break the bank on him either but I do want him back in a Jets uniform after next year. He hasn't had these problems when Rex was here. Coaching has to be partly faulted in his poor play, and he's not off the hook either because 1.5 sacks for a player of his caliber is unacceptable.

18. 101GangGreen101

you'll need to bet against Mo having a good year. I don't see a scenario where all 3 have a very good year. This is the absolute last year they can make a decision on 1 of the two.

19. JetLifeLo

I agree with this from this perspective.. if it hasn't worked while it was cheap I don't see why we should put BIG money in to it.. But who do you feel should get the shit end of the stick? What if Mo doesn't produce for a second straight year. Hell Mo did more than just not produce, he looked flat out disconnected and uninterested in participating. While Sheldon may have no racked up the stats... he for sure is always giving a good effort!

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  20. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

to be honest, I still don't think I've gotten over him calling that timeout.