(split thread) Ralebird on drugs, night clubs, and moderation

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Ralebird, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

You're pretty selective in your quoting process:

"I have a question about people buying water in the club.

Was it that you had to buy some kind of drink once you got in, or it was simply something to swallow the pills with?

Sad to say I've never been to a nightclub. I know many have cover charges, though."

It's only difficult to understand if you leave out the rest of the statement to which I was responding.

The guy has never been to a nightclub or a gin mill, which while not an essential life experience for anyone, certainly can help put things in perspective for a moderator of a group in which I estimate the same is not true for 98.7% of the other members. I may be a bit low on that number.

2. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

You have a problem with a mod because he's never gone clubbing? I estimate 98.7% of the other members don't have this problem.

BrowningNagle, Bellows1 and FJF like this.
  3. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

They don't call him raletard for nothin'

Btw, that chartreuse text really helped clarify things o_O

#23 Walt White, Jul 14, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
  4. Ralebird

Looks like it got you to read the whole thing though, Wally. Too bad you didn't do that 20 posts ago.

5. Walt White

Wrong.

6. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

Oh... So you didn't respond to his question, but to something else in his post.

You're pretty selective in your responding process.

7. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

I'm still unclear how going to a nightclub or doing drugs helps in moderating a NY Jets website. The job description is generally to ensure the message board is free from excessive trolling, excessive use of attacking posts, etc., making sure the forum rolls along smoothly. The job is not to have knowledge of every subject known to man.

8. Ralebird

No, just the opposite of selective. If it's written here it's open to discussion.

Why is this an issue for you?

9. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

Issue? No issue, dont care either way actually.

But looked really weird when you started seriously peddling a point that not doing drugs is detrimental to function of a mod. So i asked to see if I missed anything.

10. Ralebird

That is a complete and utter fabrication, whether due to extremely poor reading comprehension, a desire to mislead or some other reason. If you believe you can refute my statement here do it with quotes from me, not your poorly drawn inferences.

11. Ralebird

So, Yisman has used his "Moderator Muscle" to create a fake topic by manipulating posts from other threads into one that suits his purposes? Is dishonesty now part of the cadre of The Gang Green?

Why not simply take part in a conversation, isn't that what we're here for? Isn't this the BS section?

Is Petrozza aware of the "fake news" bent of his underlings? Does he approve?

Why not simply create fake posts for someone you may disagree with? Wouldn't that be simpler?

12. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

You derailed an existing thread with a bunch of drivel that had nothing to do with said thread. Consider yourself lucky not to be banned.

I assisted you by creating a sandbox for you to play in.

The posts are yours. Interesting to see that you're so embarrassed by them.

13. Ralebird

What would be the reason for banning me here? Simply broadening the topic or chafing what appears to be some very thin skin? If you had a problem with something I wrote why would you not simply deal with it directly? Instead you have apparently misinterpreted what I wrote and chosen to allow others to ask questions for you. We're all adults here, there's no need to hide behind your status as a moderator.

This is the BS section and there was nothing inappropriate in anything I posted. I am not at all embarrassed by my postings. I am extremely embarrassed however that a moderator has taken it upon himself to manipulate my postings to create a fake thread rather than simply respond man to man. I don't believe that the founder of TGG, in designating certain members as moderators, has the intent of giving them the freedom to create false threads attributed to others. I would request that in the interest of truth and fairness that you forward these communications to the founder or a moderator with no axe to grind.

14. Walt White

Free Raletard!

15. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

It's not a "fake thread". It's a sandbox for Ralebird to play in so he'll stop derailing an active thread which was getting good feedback until he jumped in and began with personal attacks.

I have no axe to grind. I was contributing to a thread until someone named Ralebird decided to derail it by making the thread about what he feels the qualifications should be for someone to become a moderator.

16. Ralebird

The thread that you claim "was getting good feedback" was a serious thread about opiate problems that had spread to the Hasidic community. Posts two through eight in that thread made jokes about recreational drug use, drugs in clubs, and the heavy proliferation of water drinkers in places that normally sold lots of alcohol. That was a thread in the BS category where "anything goes." It was not derailed by me and I made no personal attacks.

Feel free to show my quotes if anything I have said here is not true.

Since you brought it up again, what are your qualifications?

#36 Ralebird, Jul 17, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
  17. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

Drinking beer and attending football games.

What are your qualifications to be a poster on this messageboard?

BrowningNagle likes this.
  18. Ralebird

I paid the same annual fee as everyone else.

19. Faux machine

Faux machine Well-Known Member

Using the phrase gin mill should automatically disqualify you from questioning anything on the internet.

FJF likes this.
  20. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Lol when Ralebird said Yisman should try tripping, I don't think power tripping was what he had in mind.

Red Menace likes this.