Pre-Paid Cremation/Funeral Plans

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by The Waterboy, Jul 10, 2017.

1. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

In follow up to my "Any Electricians Here" thread figured in case I kill myself better have a plan.

Anyone looked into a pre-paid funeral or cremation plan? Going to talk to a guy about a cremation plan, told $2600 covers everything including pick up of body anywhere in world, burning me up, and dumping ashes at sea.

One phone call and they take it from there, includes water soluble urn and they send a fancy thing with the coordinates at sea where you were scattered.

I know just a straight up cremation can be done for around $800 or can donate body to science and not pay anything but I'm thinking of going with this plan. Anyone do this or have any views on it?

2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

3. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

BEWARE. Death is a major business. In fact, the world is running out of burial space. It's up there with over fishing the ocean.

Sam Hammer likes this.
  4. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

This sounds like a plan but I dont love boats so Im out , maybe CMAN would know about this ? ps my luck they dump me at ConeyIsland in the surf and call it a day

5. The Waterboy

That's why i went with them overcooking me and feeding me to the fishes. Two birds, one stone.

Yeah, i went for it, i know 10 years back my dad was cremated and with the viewing and service at Woodlawn Cemetary it ran over 12-13 grand, want to save my kids the hassle. $1000 to rent a coffin for a couple of days is just one of the ridiculous charges.
    The boat goes out of Madeira Beach, I'm down in Fla, worst case some shrimp munch on me and I'm introduced back into the circle of life.

6. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Yeah, no good. Gotta watch the wind direction too or you end up with a Big Labowski fiasco and your remains fly into Nathan's. :confused:

Make sure you have somebody with half a brain, and better give them directions too just in case.

7. jetophile

Hart's Island for the win.

8. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Wind with tide on the outgoing...

9. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Throw my ashes in my compost, who cares I'll be dead.

10. jetophile

Getting cremated is not as simple as it seems. You still get screwed for body removal, so said policy is not what it seems. They can actually charge you for sewing your mouth shut and breaking your bones before you get mixed with cats and dogs.

11. The Waterboy

Plan I got includes pick up of body anywhere worldwide, transport, cremation, the whole deal. I know I could have gotten a little bit cheaper deal and hope to kick close to home to not have to worry about transport but paid a little extra for this to not have to worry what else is needed.
    Getting mixed with cats and dogs, no problem there, I love animals.

CBG and FJF like this.
  12. FJF

pretty sure, when the time comes, you won't have to worry about anything.
    that is a nice low cost solution you have there, my father in law set up something similar when he learned he was terminal. down in fla too. it was a very stress free transaction when it was time.

13. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

The Soylent Corporation really does a nice job, don't they?

Walt White and FJF like this.
  14. The Waterboy

Yeah, meant to say for the kids not having to worry about anything. What was probably more stressful, was when I told my daughter yesterday I set up my final arrangements that she was first contact after my old lady. I should have probably told her first that there is nothing wrong with me right now, well besides the upcoming electric work.

I thought the $2643 was really reasonable when everything is considered. Before I signed up I did some research and found some $800 deals just for cremation but when I started looking up transport costs and even what they wanted for the biodegradable urns was ridiculous.
    This one is only $90 but add 2 lines of engraving and you are up to $130, for a cardboard package. On the one $800 cremation sit tit is actually $189, not sure if they let you bring your own.
    [​IMG]

15. The Waterboy

That's funny, after I told my daughter yesterday I joked that it was through Soylent Corporation and told her to look them up. The movie was 20 years before she was born so she had to clue.
    Soylent Green Is People!!!

16. jetophile

Family member came home delivered in a plastic bag with a tie thingy from the supermarket. You couldn't get any cheaper. She was paying on a policy on her own for a long time out of her limited income.

Pre-paid, but we still wound up owing money. I deleted my initial post because it was long and personal and very annoying. The post was the very annoying part. Anyway, called up the funeral home and said shame on them.

#16 jetophile, Jul 12, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2017
  17. The Waterboy

I was also thinking about just having my remains brought home in the biodegradable urn instead of swimming with the fishes. Thought could put myself under a newly planted tree but with as much as everyone moves these days didn't really seem feasible. Property would get sold ina year and the tree would get cut down for a new house.

18. FJF

There was a browns fan that requested that members of the team lowered him into his grave. So the browns could let him down one last time

19. The Waterboy

20. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Ralebird and The Waterboy like this.