David Harris signs with Pats

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by FrontOfficeFanatic, Jun 21, 2017.

1. DefenseWinsChampionships

"If you can't beat em, you might as well run to and join em"...

So says the likes (cowards) of Kevin Durant & David Harris.

But you see. I'm from a different era where men had too much pride & heart to admit defeat.

The likes of John Stockton, Reggie Miller & Patrick Ewing would have never ran to one another in order to create a trio of ring chasers.

But i guess it's "cool" to some of you for David Harris to just just nut hug Tom Brady, kiss Bill Belichick's ass, suck up to Robert Kraft & dick ride N.E's success.

All for a "ring".

He might as well just bend over backwards and take it from Patriot fans while he's at it too.

2. Joey Jett

Joey Jett Member

I cannot emphasize this enough. Since 2001, only the Jets have been able to field some kind of small threat to NE, and it really hasn't even been that much. The Fins and Bills have done even less. 17 years and these 3 teams can't do jack sh*t to provide stable competition to NE. Brady allows Bellidick freedom to take a lot of gambles.

sickandtired likes this.
  3. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

The Pat's are thin at LB, they struggled against the run , Harris will be a good addition. 2 down player, a luxury the defending champions, with plenty of cap space can afford.

4. TonyFtLaud

Mangold was no better, in fact, he along with Marshall and Decker were the driving force behind the locker room division. It started with them publicly campaigning for the team to resign Shitzpatric, and then went on to skip OTAs in protest. That's not leadership and likely one of many reasons he was released.

5. Ohnoit'sGeno

Ohnoit'sGeno Active Member

Serious challengers to the Patriots in the Afc have the ability to take advantage of David Harris in coverage. Does it really matter if your ripping yards on the ground, or through the air.
    The good teams can exploit David Harris weaknesses. David Harris in the game lets try and run it. No Let's try to force David Harris to have to cover my RB .

6. TonyFtLaud

Somehow, Belichick finds a way to put his players in a position to succeed. If Harris makes the Patriots roster, I don't see him getting exploited.
    As much as I hate the Patriots, can't argue with their ability to evaluate talent and use the players in ways that they thrive. Harris may not even play every game, He will be a chess piece used when needed.

7. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

So sad that he is gone.

8. Ohnoit'sGeno

The great Bill Bellichick has made a lot of mistakes in the draft( defense players) and in free agency( Albert Haynesworth) . Sometimes get more credit than he deserves.( having the best Qb in the league has a way of masking some of his misses) .

Sure David Harris will help during the season, as their are teams that can't take advantage of his weakness. Once the playoffs start , as good as Bellichick is as DC, those teams can and will exploit David Harris weakness. ( there is a reason why one dimensional Brandon Spikes can't find a team- the NFL is a passing league .

9. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

yup....I forgot about all that

10. Countsnake

Countsnake Member

Cheater. Hahaha. I recall the Jets getting caught for tampering with the kicking balls. Also remember they too were caught illegally videotaping, I also watched one of your coaches trip a Miami Dolphins player on the sidelines during a game. Why does nobody care... because you are the Jets, and are completely irrelevant. I'll take all your insults I know they are just masking your jealousy.
    Pats fans welcome Harris with open arms. Will be fun watching him raise a SB trophy for the first time. Almost as much fun as knowing how much it stings Jets fans.

11. TonyFtLaud

I'd put my money on Belichick as a talent evaluator over you any day, but you should reach out to Kraft.Maybe you can convince him you know better.

12. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

My God, your life must really suck something awful for you to come here, register as a member and then post a handful of inane comments on a thread about...David Harris? Really? The new Mr. Irrelevant?

Tell you what, kid - stay in school, get to work on time every day, even if it's just at Taco Bell and maybe when your community service is complete you can try to put your life back together. We here in Jetsland believe in you; check back every now and then to let us know how you're doing, you are not alone, we're all behind you.

GTFOH!

Patriot likes this.
  13. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

14. Patriot

Tony as they say nothing lasts for ever and the Pats run will end soon. I agree with you that the Jets are now finally going about the right path to build a successful team. As a closet Jet fan however, I am concerned if they have the right people to identify and develop young talent. Also you should not forget the real New York team, the Bills also. I say real New York team because they don't play in Jersey ... LOL

15. Patriot

I will try to answer your good question, but keep in mind I am not part of the Patriot brain trust.

Being a middle LB is a punishing position, and Harris will serve as an insurance policy for Hightower. To make sure Hightower can make it to the playoffs, I can see Harris subbing for him and due to his experience also have the mic like Hightower.

There will be some defensive sets where they will want two run stopping LBs where Harris will be in the field also with Hightower.

On pass plays I can see the Pats using Harris as more of a pass rusher than a cover guy.

He will not be playing a majority of the snaps and I can see his role similar to Junior Seau had years ago.

16. Patriot

My memory could be wrong, but I think it only took one punch to break Geno's jaw. It wasn't much of a fight to break up and by the time anyone tried to do anything it was too late.

I think fighting in NFL locker rooms happen more than we realize. You got a lot of players juiced up and violence is part of the culture. Does anyone remember Bill Romanowski? He ripped the helmet of a teammate, and punched him so hard he crushed the guys eye socket. I think the guy's name was Williams who never played again.

I am not saying this behavior is normal and to be expected. However, I don't think it is that uncommon. Recently there has been talk of Richard Sherman going at it with Russell Wilson.

By the way if someone was going to have Geno's back, it should have been an offensive lineman.

17. Patriot

Wow now that's a dig even Don Rickles would be proud of. I guess you dissed him. By the way, I have a feeling I have heard these lines used before, maybe in some movie or rap song. I just can't remember where and when, dotage setting in again.

"GTFOH" are you into the Execs? Oops I am to old to be into that jaundra, sorry.

18. Patriot

Sports all went to hell because of Curt Flood and that sleazy lawyer Marvin Miller. Durant and Harris are nothing more than athletes doing what is in their best interest. There is no more loyalty in sports, maybe that's why I miss the old days.

As for Durant, the Warriors would not have won a championship this year without him.

As for Harris, try to put yourself in his shoes. As a middle linebacker you have been getting your head bashed in for years. You going to have all types of physical issues when you leave the game. You only have about two years left and your team, the Jets are rebuilding. So calling him a coward and comparing him to Durant is unfair. Had he gone to the Steelers, the Broncos, the Falcons, or some other contending team would you still have the same disdain for him? If not, perhaps you should realize its not a far trip from NY to Foxboro for his family also.

I do hope the Jets and their fans will honor Harris when he retires from the game. He does deserve this.

19. Ohnoit'sGeno

That's just a silly response
    Yea and I would put any top Offensive Coordinator / coach ability over you any day , because you can't hide a one dimensional run defender. ( those guys get paid too and will devise a way to get the matchup they want.
    Andy Reid is a master of out scheming a defense . But he's bill Bellichick he can hide David Harris.( lmao if you really believe that).

#159 Ohnoit'sGeno, Jun 25, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2017
  20. Ohnoit'sGeno

Jmo I would buy that notion that David Harris is an insurance policy for Don'ta Hightower( never have enough depth) , and they might have wanted to keep him away from their main competitors in the Afc conference.( that's more reasonable explanation than some other responses in this thread).

Short yardage and goal line situations can see a use for David Harris . ( good point). But David Harris isn't good enough pass rusher, or good enough in coverage to be on the field on passing downs. ( where I disagree with you). It wouldn't surprise me too if David Harris isn't on the Patriots 53 man roster when it's all said and done either.( 33 year old one dimensional lb ( run stuffer) don't have as much value in a passing league.

#160 Ohnoit'sGeno, Jun 25, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2017