David Harris signs with Pats

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by FrontOfficeFanatic, Jun 21, 2017.

1. langdon1975

langdon1975 Member

Completely ignoring the fact that at least until two seasons ago, the Pats had a higher winning percentage outside of their division since BB took over.

And saying that BB isn't good at team building is like saying Michael Jordan isn't very good at basketball.

How many times have the Pats completely turned over their team in the past 17 seasons? They have changed players, offensive systems etc multiple times. Sure not every draft pick or a pick up will work, but that's the case for every single team. But for every Haynesworth and Johnson there's Long and Bennett. And all of those questionable veterans that he picks up, even if they don't work out it doesn't matter. He doesn't overpay them and they are gone in a year.

At the same time he lets go of players that are soon to be over the hill or that will be overpaid just at the right time. Mankins, Moss, Welker, Jones and Collins were all suppose to be mistakes. Every time the team got better when those guys left.

Staying under the cap and picking up cheap alternatives (Edelman and Hogan, White and Lewis) instead of overpaying someone for previous accomplishments (Welker, Vereen) is what BB does best. But yeah, he signed Chad Johnson so he's terrible at his job.

And if you want to cry about playing in a bad division, there are plenty to choose from. Funny how the Colts and Packers never win anything with those divisions.

2. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Aww poor David Harris he was only paid 55 million by Woody Johnson over his carrer.Boo fucking hoo

3. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

To be fair, he did have his shot and Rashard Mendenhall ran right through that Jets defense in the AFCCG against the Steelers.

4. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

I agree he's spent money but let's give credit to the PSL holders of both the Giants and the Jets, they're the ones that funded a large portion of the stadium.

5. Peebag

Peebag Well-Known Member

patsfans.com

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  6. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

I kinda felt this one coming. It was an obvious move, especially on his part. I think he wants to win a ring before retiring and unfortunately it just so happens to be our rivals are the best team in the league.

Now, a silver lining to all of this is that if you look at the Patriots offseason moves, the Pats are loading up on veteran talent - which to me means they know the end is near. I think Brady plays for another 2 seasons and then finally calls it quits.

For Harris, he will end up as a ring of honor member, and I can't fault him for wanting to win a ring after being cut by the team he has spent his whole professional career on.

I'm not sure if this move was to stick it to the Jets, its easy to say it could be given how late we cut him, but I guess its something to think about.

Good luck to him, just not against the Jets.

7. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

I have no ill will towards Harris for this. I would have been livid if I were him, getting released how he did in mid-June.

This one hurts more so than Revis, too, because Revis was all about Revis - everyone know that - and the almighty $. Harris was a team first player throughout the years who gave his all to this organization. He will be missed and if he wins a ring with NE, that will be great for him. I won't be cheering on the Patriots, but if they do win it all come February 4th, for a small amount of time I will be happy for DH.

TwoHeadedMonster and Ajitator like this.
  8. Ajitator

Ajitator Well-Known Member

Respect gets Respect,.. Disrespect gets disrespect. Simple as that.

Not sure he pulls this move with a clean break from the Jets.... This offseason just keeps on giving.

9. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

The thing is how would taking the pay cut make the Jets a better team?
    It is not like they were going take that money and actually pay some NFL caliber talent with it.

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  10. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

somebody on the interwebz dared to question cheater and their POS HC. The legion of Br*dy cocksuckers shell rise and defend!!!
    :mad:

Send your bullshit to BSPN. They will care, will be supportive and understanding.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  11. EmbraceTheHate

EmbraceTheHate Active Member

I've enjoyed the 5 rings. So, I'll enjoy the 5 rings + #6 + "his (continued) steep decline"... Seems pretty enjoyable actually.

12. EmbraceTheHate

EmbraceTheHate Active Member

I wouldn't. Not even like 1% of me would.

13. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Whose 'irrelevancy' has attracted yet another Jet-obsessed tool?

You forgot to add the. "and he did it after having to forfeit 1st round picks on a number of occasions for cheating" . part to his list of accomplishments.

back on-topic:
    I could care less about Harris; yesterday's news, turn the page..

#113 joe, Jun 22, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
  14. Dirtywater

Dirtywater 2005 Award Winner: Best non-Jets fan poster/Best S

I left that out, because Belichick does not appear to subscribe to simply letting a player be exposed, he tries to play them to their best. If you think the '17 Patriots team's success depends on Harris, there's not much left for us to discuss. I'm certainly not going to change your mind.

My only regret is that we didn't cheat more, so we could have beaten the Jets more. And you added another asterisk, for a total of 6. I hope you're right, I'm looking forward to celebrating another Super Bowl victory. Word is with Harris, we'll be able to dial up the cheating to 11.

It's not lonely at the top. I've had some of the best times and memories being able to celebrate Super Bowl's 36, 38, 39, 49 and 51 with all my family and friends. It's tough to find places to keep the championship gear too. I mean, I find room and all, but it's hard.

Oh well, I hope you find some happiness soon. Not sure why you're so upset, the Jets are building something awesome and soon you'll be at the parade.

Patriot likes this.
  15. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

I read it's $1.25 million but the guaranteed money is associated with a second-year option so the Pat's can release him anytime before game one with no cap hit.

16. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

I never cared for his 'quiet leadership' style. When shit was hitting the fan (several times during his tenure) he never spoke out, always preferring to let his play on the field do his talking.

Well....dammit...sometimes when you're the leader of the team you gotta grab someone by the shirt and 'speak up'.

I wished he was more vocal, especially when the team really needed him to be.

17. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

I am surprised no other teams were interested in him. The Patriots do have a weakness in Middle LB and he will be a possible good addition.

If the Patriots were to sign Clady for a good price, I wonder how upset the members of this board will be?

In the meantime, I think the Jets are doing the right thing by going young for the future.

18. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

Dirtywater I have been a Pats fan way back when the team really sucked. Most of your points you make I agree with. However to suggest you don't now why a Jet fan is upset? They have every right to be upset. Also to say you wish the Pats cheated more is an insult to the integrity of the Pats. Maybe you were being sarcastic but why validate a stupid theory?

Enjoy the run because it will not last forever.

19. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Stupid theory?
    [​IMG]

20. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

Are you from Boston?