David Harris signs with Pats

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by FrontOfficeFanatic, Jun 21, 2017.

1. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Just to clarify Kurt, my hatred of the Pats outweighs just about everything in football.
    Their cheating, rule exploitation, dink and dunk soft style of play is ruining the sport.

That's why Harris improving the Pats makes me sick. And make no mistake, he does improve that team. This was not done to spite the Jets, that's ridiculous.
    Regardless, I can no longer root for Harris in any form or fashion next season.

My displeasure in this case is more on Mac though (and maybe Woody).
    For the cost of Harris and making the Pats better..
    we got Demario Davis and a couple mil of space. ugh, that's really really bad anyway you slice it.

2. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

No need to cheer for Harris and the Patriots, but it is going to take a major upset for them not to win The Super Bowl. They are the best team and just keep getting better. Harris is a luxury for them. It's crazy. Hopefully a team like Oakland, or Green Bay or Dallas can find a way to beat them, but it won't be easy. 19-0 is not even that far fetched. It sucks.

JetsVilma28 likes this.
  3. TomTerrific

TomTerrific New Member

By "huge $$" I presume you mean the $1.5M Haynesworth actually ended up receiving from the Pats?

As to your second point, let's go down the list. Is Brady really so much better than, say, Aaron Rodgers or Peyton Manning that he can deliver 7 SB appearances and 5 SB victories to that horrible GM BB? Or perhaps it's the piss-poor divisional opponents, which means that the aforementioned Rodgers must be racking up the SB victories as he goes against the Vikings, Bears, and Lions every year? Or maybe you just think that the rule bending is so extra-devious and efficient that Bill can cheat his way to all those victories. In which case, why are you even interested in following football given how successfully it has been rigged, and for such a long time to boot?

Or perhaps D) the original poster was right and you're just venting. I'll go with D

4. John Lombardo

John Lombardo Active Member

Yea, fuck him for getting screwed over by the Jets who cut him at the end of FA and him signing on a team that gives him the best chance to win a SB.

Screw that guy.

5. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Oh so you agree that Br*dy is an overrated system QB, who never would never have succeeded without Belichick and 'rule bending'.
    I agree with that..

The stain is permanent.

RuJFan and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  6. Yeah, see I've been done with Harris for a few year's now;at least in a 3rd down role.Got tired of hearing & saying on my own "he can get by" on pass downs.But as this league became more & more about Agility/movement in open space his weaknesses as a player became more evident.

We further rationalized his "leadership" qualities over the years.Well look at all the horrible locker room garbage he was around for.Youd like to think those things don't go on if your team's leaders are difference makers.

Rex & Bowles were both petrified of anyone else calling plays on defense..and what was one of the Jets downfalls on D?Communication.

I'm not blaming the guy.Nor am I downplaying his place in Jets history or how he'll fit in with the pats.Was just ready to move on right about when Rex left town

7. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

Good for David Harris. He will get a super bowl ring before he calls it quits. Must suck playing for a shit hole team for 95% of your career.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  8. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Well, that's just sad because trashing a guy for making a living is not how I would approach it. Newsflash the Jets cut him!!!!!!!! So the loyalty thing goes both ways and since the Jets are the business side of it and Harris still wanted to play, guess what opportunity knocking. Another both ways moment the Jets signed their players and hired their coaches also. If a person is healthy and still wants to play who are we to say differently. Its obvious the Patriots didn't think he was 1) Old, 2) Washed up 3) Slow. They have better talent evaluators in the janitor department then we have within the entire organization. Yeah my hatred for all things Patriots is known at my job but putting this on Harris is comical. They Jets could have done it classy and kept him in a reserve status. He's still better than any ILB currently on the roster and had a farewell tour.

BacktoQueens likes this.
  9. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

BOOM mic dropped. Well said BTQ.

10. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I mean he went 9-7 in 2008, won 4 playoff games and went to 2 AFC Title games in 2009 and 2010, had a really solid 2015 season going 10-6, so more like 50% of his career was on a shit hole team. :cool:

Martin&theJETS likes this.
  11. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

When he got cut it did not change my life one bit. Now that he's signed with the Pats it will not change my life one iota; it won't even change my day a tiny bit. Move on, boys, move on.

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  12. Boba Jett

Boba Jett Member

Belicheck doesn't just fuck your girlfriend he makes you watch, and knowing him records it. Jets did another one of their loyal vets dirty, so I don't blame Harris at all. Going to be tough to watch him in that uniform though.

13. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

This stung for like 3-5 seconds.

Then I realized, realistically, it doesn't matter.

14. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Good for him. For us the game plan is simple. All we need is a TE to throw the ball to every time Harris is on the field and a QB that can make the throw consistently.

15. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

Gross, but that's NFL life

16. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I'm not going to waste any time or emotion on a decision that doesn't really change the fact that Harris no longer fit in the Jets plans. If he actually does well with the Pats it will be because he's surrounded by better talent and coaching than he had with the Jets. If Harris had remained with the Jets he would likely continue his slide, and prevent the Jets from finding better options.

I hate the Pats and Belichick, and this isn't going to change that fact at all.

hwismer and NCJetsfan like this.
  17. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Why are the odds "low" that Harris will win a ring with the Pats? To the contrary, they're incredibly high. His chances of getting to and winning a SB are greater with the Pats than with any other team.

NYJalltheway likes this.
  18. NCJetsfan

Woody did this, not Mac.

19. NCJetsfan

Yeah, but you don't know how much the Jets were offering him in that restructured deal. It could have been vet minimum, which for Harris would have been a real slap in the face. Yes, he was given a choice of sorts, but until we know all the facts and figures, all we know is that it all transpired rather late in the offseason, and was not the way a player and person like Harris should have left the Jets.

20. NCJetsfan

I'd say that Belichik was interested in Harris to pick his brain about what, if anything, the Jets were going to do differently this season. I'll be surprised if Harris starts or is a full time player with the Pats. I think he'll be a role player, in on 3rd and short, goal line situations, or 1st down only.