David Harris signs with Pats

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by FrontOfficeFanatic, Jun 21, 2017.

1. Give me a break..happy for Harris??Afterall he did turn down a restructured deal..it's not like he wasn't given a choice.Ten years of hard work when only about 7 of them he really should've been around for.Slow,stiff & overrated.

As far as I'm concerned he can stay in cheatertown.He makes it in the ring of honor now I'll boo his ass

Will football ever be good again??

TonyFtLaud, Freddy Mondo and RuJFan like this.
  2. Peebag

Peebag Well-Known Member

No, he wasn't. Look, I liked the guy but the last few years he couldn't cover his own shadow. It was time for him and the team to move on.

3. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Darn, now the Pats are DEFINITELY going to beat us.

4. Define "Solid"..

Every single eligible passing option crossing his face on pretty much every single pass down;In a passing league..?

5. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Bitter? LOL. I hate the Pats as much as anyone but Harris was asked for a pay cut when he should not have. The Jets are sitting on tons of loot that they will waste on money grubbing whores next year. Money grubbing whores that have no history with the Jets and just want to get paid. Now some of them might play well we don't know. But we do know Harris played well for the Jets for years. He was as rare as the Hope Diamond, a successful 2nd round pick of the New York Jets. You just don't see that around here folks.

6. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Jets fans greatly over exaggerate his coverage.
    3-4 ILB's covering RB's on a crossing pattern never ends well.
    He was a LOT better in coverage than Lee or Davis, and everyone seems to be fine with them taking up the reigns?

And his range in run support has looked as good as ever over the last 2 years.
    Still hitting like a truck, always in the right position, and rarely missing a tackle.

If Harris is so antiquated, why do you guys suppose Belichick was interested to begin with?

boozer32 likes this.
  7. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I dont blame Harris one bit,,,,,,,I am curious to see the terms of the contract and dollar amounts ? It s business the Jets did not pay him what he wanted and now he's a Pat .

8. Peebag

Peebag Well-Known Member

To stick it to the Jets and their fans.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  9. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

Can't hate on Harris for this any more than I can hate on Shaun Ellis or Victor Green for doing the same.

10. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

I dont care, but Harris retiring and coming back is nonsense. I guess the 2 year commitment from the Pats helped

11. langdon1975

langdon1975 Member

Options: One of the best coaches of all time picks up a guy because

a) He thinks the player can still contribute in his system or
    b) he wants to stick it to the fans of an irrelevant franchise.

I'm gonna go with A on this one.

nycarl and dmw like this.
  12. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

I'm a Jet fan, but the Pats organization is so much better than the Jets.

13. WhySoSerious488

WhySoSerious488 Well-Known Member

I expected he might sign with them. Hard to blame him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

Same reason he gave huge $$ to fat Albert a couple of years back?

Because BB is a POS whose many personnel mistakes are covered by great QB, bushel of rule bending, and piss-poor divisional opponents.

15. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

I'll take C:

c) BB is not that great at team building and his many personnel errors are covered by - see my previous post above

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  16. hastygreen

hastygreen Well-Known Member

Both Harris and Mangold should have been retained while we have a ton of cap space. We are spending it on nothing right now and if they are doing things intelligently they wont spend it all up on free agents next year either. I hate that he's going to NE but I don't hate him for it.

boozer32 and TwoHeadedMonster like this.
  17. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I was wrong. There is no God.

Just kidding, but this is brutal. :(:mad::confused:

18. If your admiration for David Harris outweighs your hatred for the Patriots...than I can understand a more understanding outlook.

But this guy's legacy is supposed to be how he's "Great Jet" & a "Jet for life"...a cut above the mercenary driven reality of today's NFL players..and what's the first thing he does once the dust settles? Signs with the Patriots.

Again...if your love of David Harris is beyond your love for the Jets or hatred for their rivals..maybe your ok with this. Afterall..it's a "Business". If that's where folks are at..I'll respect that.

But guess what? Player loyalty is a thing of the past. To be a fan of a team has become all about the laundry. I don't think I need to write a novel about everything the Patriots & their fans have stood for since 2002;Or how it directly correlates & often insults the team we all root for. Harris proved he's not a cut above. As such why should he be held in special esteem or be "Above" the disgust we feel for everything Robert Kraft's team stands for?? He's the enemy now. The fact that he's chasing a ring only heightens the disdain.

How is this any different than Shaun Ellis or Tim Tebow?? We've heard respected NFL writers say that BB openly will taunt the jets any chance he gets. Was a 33 year old rapidly declining Mike linebacker the only thing standing in the way of the Patriots & another asterik?? Harris maybe a player BB has always liked..but make no mistake what this move was all about.

My hatred of everything Patriots far outweights my love of a solid but unspectacular middle linebacker who despite his supposed allegiance jumped to the side of evil the first chance he got. He can have the same asterik next to his name as Brady when his career is over as far as I'm concerned.

Sorry. Just FAN "Business"

DDM and rikj99 like this.
  19. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I will say this: Any Jets fan blaming Harris is crazy. He was randomly released in June during minicamp. That is pathetic. The Jets did him so wrong, as they have done to many players, and even worse: All their fans. If The Hitman was able to land on his feet with the Defending Super Bowl Champions who are clear favorites to repeat: Good for him. He deserves that opportunity. It's not like he betrayed the Jets by going to their rival. They betrayed him.

20. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Two-year, $6.75 million deal, makes me wonder what the Jets offer was. Maybe in that range but Harris overestimated his worth and thought he would get more on the open market.

hwismer likes this.