17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

The salary floor is funny in the NFL, it's not a hard floor for each season it's a rolling 4 year number equal to 89% of the total 4-year cap. A 4-year period just ended in 2016 so 2017 starts a new period. If he felt like it, Woody would be allowed to assemble a 53-man roster of $465K rookies and only field a $24.6 Million payroll instead of the $157M from last year. Sounds like that's his ideal number

I wonder if these desperate sales reps would rent me a party suite for $500

2. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I think with this years rollover we will have 80 million in cap space next year.

3. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

I mean, this is the year to "slash prices", so they should be. Funny ho
    Yep.

$80 million in cap space, close to Cleveland's $100 million they had this year, but just like Cleveland, we'll struggle to bring in big/star FA's. Players will do what Tony Jefferson & Donta Hightower did to the Jets this year: take less $ and go elsewhere. Why? Better chance to win AND these guys see how we have treated our own homegrown talent over the years. What makes them think we will honor whatever deal we give them? Instead we will need to use the money on 2nd or 3rd tier FA's.

HOPEFULLY, we will use a lot of that $ on re-upping L.Williams, Enunwa & Carptenter. That would be intelligent. Which means we likely won't.

4. MurrellMartin

I mean if there's going to be a slashing of the payroll, there should be a slashing of ticket prices. Not in Woody Johnson's world though. No. Leave the prices the same and wait until we win another 8 games one year so we can raise them up another $2.50-5 per seat per game.

5. GordonGecko

Woody's PSL = Personal Sodomy License

6. MurrellMartin

PSL = Please Stop Losing.

7. MurrellMartin

8. GordonGecko

lol that's such a joke, "sit in a different seat every game" - you know what that's called? ...stubhub. Only on stubhub for those 10 games you'll be paying $500 instead of the $725 the Jets want for this pass and you'll get better seats

Maybe they're trying to do an app thing like the Rangers. This year they launched the "all for one app" basically you sign up and they text random people within 48 hours of the game an offer to buy an unsold single way below market. It's a flat fee for upper or lower bowl and you get your seat location after you pay.

I don't think the Jets understand the first thing about the "market" though

9. MurrellMartin

Imagine if one of these or a bunch of these people truly do get upgraded to LL seats and you're a STH paying $132.50 or more a ticket, plus a PSL, and this guy who spent $745 is sitting in just as good if not better seats than you? How are they going to explain this one to PSL holders?

Every day I'm happier I walked away from that disaster this year.

CBG likes this.
  10. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Me to. Let me guess for jags game lower level end zone and for pats game upper deck end zone row 22. Never trust a billionaire people. Between this promotion and cutting decker and Harris after season ticket accounts are done for 2017 I get the feeling I am not the only one that told woody to go fuck himself.

CBG likes this.
  11. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I just now saw you guys discussing this,,,I started a thread about this the other day . As I have said many times zero regrets and I have never looked back after giving up my seats ! "Boarding pass" yeah right -----more like I'm glad I passed and I jumped over board !

MurrellMartin and sec314 like this.
  12. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

God damm boarding pass banner all over my laptop screen every time I go to a sports site. I had to delete cookies to get rid of it. The idiots don't even ask me why I got rid of tics after 36 years but they try to scam me with the boarding pass.

Mr. Sec314
    You were smart enough to stop paying the premium price of $125 for this shit product we will now will allow you to pay a reasonable price of $75 per ticket without informing you the location of tickets. And of course we will still rip you off for 2 pre-season games. We know most of u you are not smart enough to ask us about the parking pass which happens to be worth more then a ticket to the game on the secondary market.

Sincerly,
    Woody " shit head brother" Johnson

CBG likes this.
  13. GordonGecko

I just picked up a Green parking pass on Stubhub for a game and on it I noticed that the Jets printed specifically that you are not allowed to resell parking passes without written permission from the team.

Can that be right - doesn't Jersey have any resale laws that allow consumers to resell any tickets they want? I know in New York people are protected. Has anyone heard of the Jets voiding parking passes because of resale?

14. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

15. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

What's the focus in our stadium? Nothing. The greatest city in the world and you wouldn't even know it. Winning is all that matters but going to a place like this or Dallas sure beats what we have. Hummm an owner that made the seats 2 inches wider so the fans will be more comfortable imagine that. I feel so squeezed in when there are people on both sides of me in the uppers. Luckily that's not the case most times. F woody

CBG and alleycat9 like this.
  16. GordonGecko

Premium seating - coach's club, metlife/great hall club, suites, commissioner's club. Everything else was a complete afterthought from the skyhigh setbacks and height on the moon, to the lack of escalators, seat comfort, and the most incompetent inefficient rail link you can possibly imagine that stranded tens of thousands of super bowl fans

CBG, alleycat9 and MurrellMartin like this.
  17. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

But woody can make the oiutside of the stadium green. I swear that's all that idiot cared about. It's OUR home he said to himself. F woody

18. MurrellMartin

Pretty much. That and hosting a Super Bowl, which he and Mara/Tisch got and ultimately the NJ Transit screwed the pooch on, likely leading to the stadium being one and done in hosting the event that is the game.

19. MurrellMartin

I've never heard of anyone being turned away from purchasing a parking pass on the second hand market before. This will be my first year purchasing them for myself, but I've had many friends attend games for years without any issues. Plus, there's a plethora of them on NFL.com/TicketExchange, StubHub and everywhere else. If the Jets didn't want them resold, they could make it so these sites couldn't resell them, sort of like how the Patriots do things.

CBG likes this.
  20. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Going to the first practice next Monday. Used to go every year but it's been a few years. The gates open at 1 team starts at 150. Anyone can tell me what time is good to arrive and a good spot to stand I would appreciate. Hope there's some hitting. Need some violence