PSL Default repercussions

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by JetsNation06, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

My pops gave up his season tickets when they built the new stadium because of the PSL's. I'm glad he did. You can go to just about every game for no more than $70. Pats & Giants game tickets a bit more.

When they're as bad as they were this year, the tickets at the end of the year were like $8 per game.

With the advancement of the internet and Stubhub and other such entities, there's literally no reason to every buy season tickets anymore IMO. It's not like there's any perks and the fact they force you to buy preseason is horseshit.

2. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

if the team were ever to go on a superbowl run, or have a top notch team for a number of years in a row it will become a problem. but that's not happening today and its easy enough to get back in as that begins to happen if necessary. I really feel bad for all the guys who spent a ton of money on psls, or bought into the idea that they are an investment. they got raked.

tiger8mush likes this.
  3. ELLSWORTH

ELLSWORTH Member

Also seasonticketrights.com They work directly with Jets. Transfer takes 3 days

4. same old jets

same old jets Member

Good stuff in here....the PSL is worthless and it shouldnt even be called that...as previously posted the original PSL model was for rights to your seat in the new stadium for ALL events. So you would have first dibs and big events and concerts as well as football games. Jets/Giants took this sole perk out of the PSL so all you get is the "privilege" to buy your seats from them instead of the secondary market - which is much cheaper and no preseason. It's an out and out scam. There is zero reason why they couldnt give PSL fans rights to every event before going on sale...they tried to tell me that with 2 teams its impossible...bull - rotate between the 2 teams per event or each day of the event....if the stadium sells the ticket to the public at the same cost what is the downside for not including htis sole perk with a PSL....they may be selling them on the secondary market themselves and make a killing! How else are big concerts sold out in seconds with scores of tickets for sale on stub hub way marked up seconds after going on sale..... As for PSL holders - there is zero value...it's time to put pressure on them to do the right thing and include these events in tickets.

#44 same old jets, Mar 22, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
    dawinner127, alleycat9 and RPOZ51 like this.
  5. RPOZ51

RPOZ51 Well-Known Member

The other ridiculous part of their "it's impossible to give PSL Holders rights to other events because there are 2 teams in the same stadium" response is this: in other stadiums, the sole football team is using their PSL revenue to service the debt associated with building the stadium.

Let's say that the price tag of the big air conditioner was roughly the same as a new stadium built by Team X.

Are the Jets and Giants charging half the amount for their PSL that Team X charges?

If the answer is "no," and they are charging the same amount, then the greedy thieves are double-dipping, and they are doing it at the expense of their loyal STH fans.

dawinner127 and westiedog1 like this.
  6. STARoSCREAM

STARoSCREAM Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear so many people being taken advantage of. The lure of going to the stadium is dying as is. The home experience is so much better than it once was and they still nickle and dime you for every little thing. They are driving customers away from the stadiums in droves, yet continue to beat you over the head.

They need to refund those PSL's (never happen) and reduce prices or they will be playing in empty stadiums and everyone will be at home.

They may be getting to the tipping point of their business, as Mark Cuban alluded to, and GREED may push them over the edge.

7. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

really? really? on what universe do these people live?

8. sickandtired

sickandtired Member

Hey Jets Nation06, I just received similar for not renewing my tix. How has it worked out for you since your Feb posting?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Zach likes this.
  9. sickandtired

sickandtired Member

Hey, i just received similar letter for not renewing season tix . Any update on your notive since your February posting?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Donewithfootball likes this.
  10. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

All I can add is what I have stated before,,,,my buddy walked away 3 years ago----they called him a few times even threatened him zero consequences .

Donewithfootball likes this.
  11. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

You're done for.

JetsNation06 likes this.
  12. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

13. thankyourevis

thankyourevis Active Member

Jesus Christ, not only am i a jets fan but now they are ruining my credit. Its time to root for someone else.

JetsNation06 and Cman68 like this.
  14. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Never forget.. Nothing personal, this is business.

thankyourevis likes this.
  15. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

No news is good news as they say. No action taken by the Jets since Feb. You should be fine.

16. same old jets

same old jets Member

Jets contacted me to see if I would like to purchase season tix seats near me for one yr without a PSL....what a joke!

JetsNation06 and CBG like this.
  17. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

I know 10 people, 10, who have walked away from their PSL's with money owed on the PSL's and the Jets have done absolutely NOTHING to them, outside of a few phone calls and threatening letters like the one you posted above, just like the one I received a few weeks ago when I finally got my head out of my ass and decided to default as well.

Do not worry. You'll be fine. We will all be fine. The PR nightmare would be amazing if they did go after STH's, but it will never happen. Just enjoy your couch or buying tickets online for under face value for 95% of the games just like everyone else has that has been sitting around us for the past 7 years.

18. same old jets

same old jets Member

Expanding on this conversation - their "offer" was for 1 yr only but you had to buy entire season with preseason tix as well...I laughed at the rep (who was a nice guy) and asked him what he thought the tix in my section on secondary market were going to go for this season? He didnt answer so I informed him that last year seats were going for $20 on a $125 ticket for the last 4 games.....with no obligation to rip off pre-season games.

I then asked what benefits we had as PSL owners and why we didnt have access to our seats for concerts and other events....the response I got was that was the deal from the start. So I asked if the teams weren't re-selling those seats themselves for a profit - why wouldnt they just throw us a bone and allow PSL holders 1st right to buy events to each concert/event like many other stadiums.......rotating with the Giants....no answer..mumbled that there are pre-sales for PSL owners - which are not the seats we "pay for " in a PSL and anyone with a code can get in....

so from my conversation the team either has no concept that their is zero value to PSL or they are fine with cashing in on this valueless item....if they have the balls to actually sue anyone over non-payment for a PSL just alert the media and the backlash will be Kathy Griffin-esque!

19. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Those reps have miserable jobs, and the ones that have survived the constant turnover are miserable people scummier than used car salesmen in a lemon dealership. They have one job and one job only, to push worthless tickets at the price on their termsheet. They have no power, authority, or discretion to make a deal on the price. That's not to say you can't make a deal, but it wouldn't be with the front line guys you would have to get a hold of a supervisor and make a one-off agreement.

But why would you commit to a 10 game package that includes only 8 games when you can pick and choose any game you want with little notice at anywhere from 5% to 80% of that face value? The new stadium sucks, the team sucks, the team abuses its fanbase, so what else do they expect.

JetsNation06 and alleycat9 like this.