Round Up - Cancer source?

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Cman68, May 15, 2017.

1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

At this point life is a cancer source

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  3. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Such a rosey outlook....

4. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

5. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

It works well on all the GMO crops. The same Corp. may own the GMO seeds and the Round up, and has the patent on the glyphosate, the main poison in the the Round Up. I just made that up, but it may be the truth. :eek:

6. FJF

You do know what board we are on,right?

joe and Cman68 like this.
  7. John Lombardo

John Lombardo Active Member

It may very well be the case, but if you have used it for decades and show no ill effects I think you are in the clear.

Medicine, and therefore diagnosing illness, has become an opportunity for profit. My father had a little high blood pressure a few weeks ago, which soon discovered he had a gene that can cause a type of blood cancer.

So my dad who barely takes children's cold medicine was recommended to take some new age drug that the doctor compared to chemotherapy... While he had no side effected what so ever, and this was all found out because he had blood pressure slightly higher than normal (which has since gone back down to normal), the side effects of taking this new age drug was insane... From vomiting, loss of energy to the potential to develop other health risks.

Needless to say, he is getting a 2nd opinion.

I bet if you dig enough, this writer was paid off by Scott's.

FJF likes this.
  8. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Shocking that a product that kills most anything it touches could be harmful to humans.

joe, Dierking, JetBlue and 1 other person like this.
  9. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

I'll wait for a peer-reviewed study to occur before passing judgement.

10. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

People are so naive. I drink water straight out of my hyper chlorinated tap that smells like an Olympic sized pool because I don't even give a shit anymore. PFASs are so high where I live, but what does it matter? I mean, where do people think waste from painting your new car goes? Water supply. Where do people think human sewage goes? Water supply. Where do autopsy results and embalming fluid go? Water supply. Where do shitty diapers go? Water supply. Where does your oil change go? Water supply. Medical waste? Water supply. What happens to Grandpappy's meds when he kicks the pail? Water supply. Chemo drugs? Water supply. The Thames, the Ganges (rotting bodies, always a plus), the Yangtze, the Mighty Hudson. Water supply.

There really is no getting around contaminated water unless we get vaporized like we deserve. Answer: too many people. As to GMOs, who cares? The water will get us first. I hope so.

11. abyzmul

Monsanto: "Glysophate is not a carcinogen. "

12. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Source?

13. mute

mute Well-Known Member

I was going to buy this last week for the first time. HomeDepot has them on sale for buy 1 get another free. Sick and tired of plucking weeds with a fork every summer. I want to get rid of weeds for good but no matter what i do, get rid of the roots, etc nothing works. I have zero experience gardening. I just want my grandmother's backyard to look decent.

14. FJF

[​IMG]
    apply on a sunny day, drink beer rest of summer.

mute likes this.
  15. jetophile

Suing a company over herbicide is like suing myself for drinking nuclear colored Gatorade. Seriously, why is this shit dyed? If Gatorade really wanted to make a splash, they'd go clear/no dye and rake in billions more with a 'go natural' angle. Idiots, make me CEO. Honestly, what I really enjoy is people suing Eli Lilly, which essentially equates to nothing. That aside, I don't understand how or why people would be shocked that herbicides cause cancer. My dog's Preventic collar and fipronil squeeze is giving me cancer as we speak. Guess where that ends up? Water supply.

There's a natural spring where I live. The water is always freezing cold and so crisp and delightful, you wouldn't believe it. No taste. I fill up after hiking sometimes, but you invariably get some dope screaming, "Don't drink that! It's poisoned!" No shit and of course it is, but it's usually a guy driving a Poland Springs truck. Bottled water, what a racket. Bottled water creates so much fckn pollution it's not even funny. Well, it isn't.

16. jetophile

Garlic mustard (horribly invasive species, but good in a salad), wild chives (ditto), dandelions (don't even try, also eat), chickweed (die!), dead nettle (die!). We had a wild Veronica invasion for years, it drove me insane. The best remedy for weeds is pulling them out 24/7. mute, depending on what your're planting, coffee grounds work great.

mute likes this.
  17. abyzmul

When accepting your fate goes wrong.

18. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

All that shit goes into wastewater, where it goes after depends where you live. If it's a reputable system it gets treated before going into the rivers/oceans. Your potable water is supposed to come from a cleanish source and then treated. Most of the nasties get taken out, but there are dozens/hundreds of industrial chemicals like PFOAs & PSOAs that are not even tested for let alone removed or even removeable. Again, how much of those mystery chemicals are in your water depends on where you live. If you live next to a paint factory and you have a water well, you don't need Einstein to tell you what's probably happening. If you live in NYC though and all your water comes from a massive police protected upstate resevoir with hundreds of busybodies checking the system 365/year, you probably have nothing to worry about.

Best thing to do is test your water supply for known checmicals and get a good filter for whatever is in there.

As for GMOs, I think it's criminal for food manufactures to promote non-GMO on their packages - it's all fear mongering. What they don't tell you is that without GMOs in the Florida Orange groves, for example, all the crops would have been completely wiped out by now and you'd be looking at $20/gallon OJ. Without GMO's, millions of people in Africa and South Asia would eventually die of starvation because of destroyed crops that can't withstand various pests or conditions

19. jetophile

Naive, but I'm with you on GMOs. I think it's flat out hysteria. It's like putting a sticker on pork chops that says 'gluten free'. The point I'm trying to make is that water is contaminated by purely environmental factors without our help, but with our help, it's pretty hopeless. I only drink bottled water in a pinch because I can't stand the bs behind it. Dasani, lol, and all of the waste bottled water creates.

By the by, I live right by some of those massive upstate reservoirs. Literally. There was nothing like the water in Queens, but it's not made available locally. Yet, lest we forget, the water was pumped through wood and lead pipes, hence the lead content in NYC and her boroughs' water was always extremely high. I'm talking liver failure high. Can't win. I gotta say, I was always a little leery about drinking water from Staten Island. The Arthur Kill - hah, KILL, KILL KILL! - need I say more. I have photos of my Mom in Staten Island is the late 30s. Rent a bungalow for a week, nothing but woods and beach. Sad. And, may I add, the crud that has contaminated said major reservoirs up here is pretty ugly. Pretty ugly, one of my favorite oxymorons.

Remember all of the weird cancer deaths in Ringwood, NJ? Yep, Ford was dumping paint sludge in the woods from Mahwah, seeped into the ground water, a lot of dead people. Ford kept claiming that the tons of toxic crap they illegally dumped had no direct correlation to kids dying from leukemia like crazy, tumors growing out of people's asses as well as fukked up skin diseases. Go Ramaphough Indians!

Sewer water is turned into drinking water, I'm down with that. We've all had it, unwittingly and sometimes on purpose. Fine, I don't really care. It's just the bald-faced UNtruth in advertising. If you don't think that apple juice isn't full of arsenic, you're crazy. I drink apple cider from a local orchard like I'm dying of thirst out of shitty plastic gallons that are full of God knows what. Unhomogenized and unpasteurized, thanks, I want my cancer straight up. Apple cider cancer slushies, apple cider cancer granita, apple cider cancer apple butter with a side of cancer.

Fact remains, we can map the human genome but there really isn't any way to get rid of the human factor for shitting up everything.

[​IMG]

I fear I shall die from laughing my ass off. Anyway, mute, one of my fave flowers are Bachelor buttons. They're really easy. And, if you ever dump your rotten pumpkins in your backyard, wait for the flowers. They're better than zucchini flowers, and I'm sticking by it.

20. abyzmul

Ford has done worse than that. They successfully sued the US govt for bombing their military truck factories in Nazi Germany.