Better Call Saul on AMC

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by JStokes, Feb 7, 2015.

1. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Oh so those scenes are even post bb?

2. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

Yep. Jimmy is in hiding.

3. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Yeah, they just showed how Saul ended up before they jumped ahead the main story of Jimmy McGill. We know what happened to most everybody else, and it wasn't good. :)

4. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

I think there is a story line at the Cinnabon. Jimmy popped out of the shadows with that shoplifters, presumably on his way to the hospital.
    There is gotta be something there.

5. Walt White

Yeah, maybe they'll end it up with some Saul to bring it to a close. I've liked the late Saul scenes with him in hiding, in isolation. The black & white adds to it too, I think.

6. HAYN

HAYN Well-Known Member

Kim's shower scene tho

7. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

8. Walt White

Huell Babineaux haha. I knew it. I was hoping to see him show up
    [​IMG]

9. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

Nice to learn the background story -- how each character in BB came into the orbit.

Huell was much thinner in the past

10. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Great episode and a much more satisfying approach to the issue than simply sabotaging the tape somehow.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  11. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I'm probably the only one in the universe who caught this last year in BCS, but in BB when Badger gets arrested, Saul says, "Brandon Mayhew, Public Masturbation." Not verbatim, but Badgers says, "I was the guy who was arrested for selling meth - allegedly." "Matthews, a little transpositional error, nothing a little white out can't take care of."

In Season 2 of BCS in 'Nailed', Chuck says, "A single transpositional error cost my client time, and money, and permanently damaged my reputation. . . ." I caught it immediately. How good am I?! I mean, how would I even REMEMBER that?! It's a brain thing. In fact, I'm probably the only person whoever caught it and is yet to catch it. We all know what happens after that in the story line.

I loved this show from the get go. I always thought the biggest challenge was to turn back time on physical aging on some of the characters that you just knew were going to show up, and it shows, but who cares? As of 'Chicanery', it's officially Breaking Saul. I think Chuck is the way bigger shitbag. At least Jimmy is honest to himself about what he is. Everything that Chuck says about Jimmy is true, but Jimmy would've turned the right corner if Chuck wasn't such a petty condescending jerk who took pleasure in keeping him down. It was hard to watch, but Chuck is basically an ungrateful jealous hypocrite and got his. Jimmy is right: Chuck hates him.

Anyway, Michael McKean better get that Emmy. As much as everyone was sick of him from the beginning (boring, yawn, who cares type stuff), it was one hell of an acting turn Season 1 - present. Chuck is probably going to set his house on fire, it couldn't be more obvious. Or not. But I think by season's end he winds up in the hospital with whirring machines dying alone.

12. NYJalltheway

Why would his house be set on fire?
    It's pretty clear that the Saul transition is starting to take place though. Also what do you mean with the Badger part?

jetophile likes this.
  13. jetophile

Another weird thing I picked up. When Gus gives his employee speech after Hector terrorizes Los Pollos, Gus says, "You all accorded yourselves impeccably." Comported would've worked better, but accorded isn't in any way wrong. I'm such a slut for words.

14. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

I think it depends on if they want Michael for another season

15. jetophile

A lot of references. Saul tells Jimmy I'll burn this place to the ground when he breaks in and destroys the tape (of course he would never do that), and it's mentioned more than once about the gas lantern being a fire hazard sitting on top of newspapers. Personally I don't think it's a tease that never happens. I could be wrong for sure on how he goes out (which is why I said 'or not'), but Chuck is definitely dying in just the way Saul said in the way Chuck fears most.

The Badger part was a flashback to the whole transposition/numbers thing in Saul that I picked up on. Chuck's lie to his ex-wife about why "the power was turned off", and the whole reason why Chuck is trying to get Jimmy disbarred. Also when Kim says Bingo, of course the easy connection is when Saul was calling Bingo at Sandpiper and of course hails back to Walter proposing the hit on Gus to Tio in BB at the nursing home. They're playing Bingo, and Saul even calls out the same number, B7. lol It's part of the reason why I love the show because if you know BB better than one should, you're always hawk-eyeing almost everything. Some things are rather obvious, some not so much. I cracked up at an obvious one at the hearing when Saul mentions lung cancer. "Oh, no, you didn't!"

[​IMG]

^Jesse Pinkman, of course, Season 1.

#335 jetophile, May 11, 2017
    Last edited: May 11, 2017
    NYJalltheway likes this.
  16. NYJalltheway

Man you sir are a true fan. I loved BB and missed all those clues lol

17. jetophile

I modified my post a little because I got a little ahead of myself.

18. jetophile

I think he's outta here, but anything is possible. If not the last episode, than the first one of Season 4. Goddamn Rangers, btw. Fug.

19. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Most impressive.

20. jetophile

Smoke inhalation, if I was to bet the ponies. I just can't help feeling his house is going up in flames, albeit accidentally. For a split second I thought it was a minor plot fail re: the cell phone battery thing because Chuck used the one in the mailbox to rat out Saul previously. I changed my mind on a dime re: minor plot fail. It depends on Chuck's level of crazy at any given time, which has always been apparent. He's in a car, there are traffic lights, he walks into buildings that are lit, etc. There was never any way that his condition was real, and deep down, I think Chuck knew it, especially when he admitted he played it up to entrap Jimmy. That's some serious sibling hatred. Chuck is the bigger turd, and I'm sticking by it.

The other reason I'm thinking fire is that Pinkman was ready to throw a match after sloshing gasoline everywhere in BB, and Chuck's lanterns are . . . gas lanterns. I can't wait to see, and I'll eat crow if Gilligan has him get hit by a car or something . . . running from his burning house. :) Time will tell, but watch me be entirely wrong how Chuck goes out, haha.

I can't believe there weren't any 'Bates Motel' fans here. It was full of holes, but I loved it. Actually ALL shows are full of holes. It just depends how much you're willing to stomach. Holy Hell, I HATED 'Lost' so much the vein in my forehead starts popping out just thinking about it. I only saw about 5 episodes total, and said, "Purgatory" about 1/2 hour in to the first ep. No lie, that's a true story. I patted myself on the back so hard when it was over I'm still in a body cast.

EDIT: Another possibility:

#340 jetophile, May 11, 2017
    Last edited: May 11, 2017
    JetBlue likes this.