17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

So today I get an email from the Jets---I am sure many of you got it as well, its says single game tickets are available ( I BET THEY ARE ) and you click on the link and it takes you to ticket master . I go on Facebook and there it is again New York Jet Single games available ( again I bet they are available ! ) Woody and the rest of the organization and ticket office can go screw themselves ! They are now begging people to come to games, good luck with that this year ! I dont care who they draft this team will be a train wreck this year and Woody and company deserve the empty building ! It gives me great satisfaction every time I receive these e mails or letters or calls-----screw you you lying bastards I am glad you have resorted to begging ! I gave my tickets up and I never regretted it or looked back ! Rant over back to draft conversation !

sec314 and alleycat9 like this.
  2. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I hear you. I want to buy season tickets to be honest. I live only 30 minutes away and before my knuckle heads go to college I only have 7 years left. I thought I could create some Jet memories with them. Problem is, Jets are bad and it really doesn't make sense to pay all that money to see a 4-12 team play. I will wait until I see a glimmer of hope and jump on the season ticket bandwagon and until then, it is Stubhub for me.

3. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

There's no point unless you insist on sitting in the same seats every game. Why wouldn't you buy on the day of the game for 50%-90% below face on stubhub or vivid seats on an a la carte basis and sit anywhere you want?

4. Brook!

GG

Call me a sucker but I like to be associated with the Jets. I want to take my kids on the filed to line up when the players, I want to go to Season Ticket Holder events at Florham park etc. If the Jets are good, stubhub prices will be close to season ticket prices anyway. That's why I am still waiting. I won't do it unless I see a franchise QB with the Jets

5. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Brook none of those things have been a problem, I went to both pep rallies in Florham with my kids and have been on the field , we have been in boxes and suites as well WITHOUT buying season tix or any cocka mammy psls ! Do yourself a favor save your money and pick and choose which games and events you want to go to . These Jets are not going to be good anytime soon with Bowels as HC and the jury is out on the GM as far as I am concerned ( we find out more about him in 24 hours ) , and the owner is a baffoon ! If you buy season tickets dont post it as I will " call you a sucker " lol. You can enjoy all the misery with your kids just as I do without letting Woody and company extort money from you .

Brook! likes this.
  6. GordonGecko

Also Mo WIlkerson has a charitable foundation - make a donation and he often will comp you some sweet perks

CBG, alleycat9 and Brook! like this.
  7. Brook!

I understand you CBG. The owner is a baffoon, HC is an idiot and GM is a romantic but in the end this is the Jets and I won't mind paying $5100 a year for 3 lower level sideline season tickets if we stumble upon a franchise QB and a decent coach. I am hoping this will happen in the next 3 years so when my currently 5th grader knuckle heads are in high school, they can tailgate with daddy for a good 4 years before they are off to college. $25,400 for 4 years is a price I am willing to pay for the same seats and maybe comradeship at my section when the Jets are good.

You had your time as a season ticket holder so I hope you are understanding this Muslim schmuck.

8. GordonGecko

Comradeship is a nice concept, but good luck finding seats where the same people sit next to you every game. You'll be listening all season to a different guy trying to figure out a subway map and how to get to the statue of liberty from east rutherford

alleycat9 and CBG like this.
  9. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I understand the old concept Brook but its no longer in place as Gecko said the same people DO NOT SIT NEXT TO YOU EACH WEEK , and if your lucky the new people each week will be Jet fans but they could easily be opposing team fans! You can go and have fun but there is no reason to let them extort the Pre$eason games from you or pay full overcharged price$ when you can get the tix for a fraction of the face value and put that money your saving towards the kids tuition or anything else , heck you can buy new oil and gas for the Ariens lol

Brook! likes this.
  10. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

shouldnt your then high schooler be too busy in the weight room and reviewing film of his own games at that point?

11. Brook!

You have a point.

alleycat9 likes this.
  12. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's no longer a reason to get tics. One of the reasons I gave my seasons up after 36 years is I have no attachment to anyone in my sections. I would say there are 3 sets of people with seasons in my whole area that are hardcore and by the middle of the season I don't see them anymore and I get " look at the phone and eat shit food patrons all around me". I get it with the kids but U know what, with the shit ass product, you might ruin them forever if your not careful. The team, fans and atmosphere suck. Take your 5K and fly to Pittsburgh 3 times a year and make them steeler fans.

13. GordonGecko

lol, if you're going to do that wouldn't you make them Giants fans instead? I mean it's ok to make your kids Jets fans just make sure they don't expect to ever win anything. So when they finally win something in 20 years it'll be the highlight of their life

14. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Shame on you, I would never tell someone to be a Giant fan:) Hey should I be insulted I don't get any ticket emails from the Jets. i have been blacklisted.

15. JetDan

JetDan Well-Known Member

New stadium sucks, but I don't go to the games for the special amenities.

Me and my dad have been going to games since 98 so its a great family tradition at this point. We do have some season ticket holders in our section 338, in front of us and behind us. I hope it gets to what it was with the last stadium, but I highly doubt it.

16. Brook!

My kids aren't attached to the Jets or Giants. I take them to both Jets and Giants games. One of them is leaning towards Giants. The other one was a Seahawks fan up until 2 weeks ago. Then he saw Vikings logo and decided to be a Vikings fan. 2 years ago he was a Ravens fan.

Back to the STH topic. If Jets pick up Darnold or Josh Rosen or Josh Allen and the kid that they pick lights it up during training camp, I am jumping on the bandwagon. Now CBG will throw me a fit but I can't lie :)

17. snoballz

snoballz Member

I've been following this thread since 2009 when I was scheduling a tour of the new stadium. I think many of us had high hoped back then and most of us are frankly disappointed today.

I remember the people in my section at Giants Stadium. I hoped that camaraderie would continue and like some of us, I wanted to share that experience with then my newborn son who is now 7.

I knew going in that having this experience with my son would be an investment given the cost of the PSLs and tickets but I figured it would be well worth it. However, that experience has not materialized. In the first couple of years, I did see a few regular STH sitting around me. Today, I don't know any of the people surrounding me although I do notice a couple of STH a few rows down who are still there. The only person I can count on seeing is the usher/security at the entrance of my section.

I don't get to every game and it's become harder and harder to sell tickets even at face value, so I take even a bigger loss (or investment depending on how you see it).

My son is seven and so there is a lot more years ahead to right the ship... and perhaps re-live the glory days where the stands are filled with Jets fans and I will recognize STH surrounding me. I almost walked away from it all this year but I'm such an idealist (i.e. sucker), I talked myself into giving it one more chance.

Woody said we all need to see the big picture. I'm hoping this doesn't continue to be the horror show it has been.

Peace.

Brook! likes this.
  18. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

ok I am posting this on 2 threads-----I am going to Metlife to see Metallica this weekend at this warehouse of a stadium but I stray,,,,,today it dawns on me that I might need a parking pass so I call and the nice women on the other end says "you do not need a parking pass you just " this is the part where I ask u guys if you care to guess how much parking is going to cost me ?----------------?--------------> nice lady says " you just pay 30 dollars when you get here " ohhhhhhhhhh is that ALL I do ! --------ripoff

19. Brook!

CBG

What do you expect? 80,000 people stadium and only limited amount of parking. They have to price out folks who can use public transportation to make sure people like you who come from Long Island can park easily. They are doing you a favor and you are mad? Okay okay. I was half telling the truth and half busting your balls. Please don't be mad :)

CBG likes this.
  20. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Brook never mad at you , but Im not in LI , I am in Rockland County and there aint no train or public transportation by me so I gots to drive . I guess I should be happy a buddy told me to today that if you go to the new Coliseum its $40 to park if you dont buy in advance,,Maybe in retro I should take Brooks advice and call the lady back and thank her ?

Brook! likes this.