My 2017 Draft Dream

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Careerqb, Apr 21, 2017.

1. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Makes the most sense imo

Those trading partners are potentially interchangeable as well eg the Cards or Browns wanting the 6th spot for Trubisky the Saints wanting the 11 or the 12 th spot

Hope Mac 's phone is red hot this week :)

2. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I don't know if this is my "Draft Dream", but it comes close, as outlined in this article by David Wyatt at GangGreenNation:

Pat Mahomes - QB
    Gareon Conley - CB
    David Njoku - TE
    Chris Godwin - WR
    Derek Rivers - OLB
    Pat Elflein - OC
    James Conner - RB
    Julie'n Davenport - OT
    David Jones - FS

Here's the article link:
    http://www.ganggreennation.com/2017...2017-new-york-jets-mock-nfl-draft-with-trades

And here's an excellent justification for taking Mahomes with the 12th pick that they get in a trade with the Browns:

With the #12 overall selection, the Jets select Patrick Mahomes, QB, Texas Tech
    It's hard to win in this league without having a QB. Through the draft process my belief in Mahomes has continued to grow. He is a gunslinger and he does come from that air-raid system. He will make some mistakes and at points he will try to do too much. However Mahomes just has something, he's got the size, he's got the arm, he's got the confidence and touch. He's a leader, he's made reads in college and worked through progressions. He moves safeties with his eyes and he keeps plays alive that have no right to be kept alive. He moves well in the pocket, he keeps his eyes downfield and he uses his legs when he needs to. I'm willing to take a gamble on this guy and picking up an extra 2nd round selection in this draft allows you to take that chance.

If the draft went like this, I would be very happy.

xxedge72x likes this.
  3. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

Hope we draft down and take a CB and an edge rusher. If we had top five or sooner it would be easier.

4. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

I have two scenarios that would be my dream draft.

1. Stay at 6. Take Jamal Adams, hope Reuben Foster falls into the second round, or Conley and King, hope one of the tight ends falls into the third, we trade Sheldon for a third, and Pryor for a fourth. Huge dream on my part.

2. The second scenario involves a trade. The Jets trade from 6 to the rumored deal with the Browns. We trade 6, and get 12 and 53 (I thouhgt I saw something where we got more but I'll go with this scenario). At 12 if Howard fell to 12 (don't think he'll be there then) I'd take him, Mike Williams, Dalvin Cook, and any other dbacks worth taking there. In the second King, Conley, a tight end, maybe at 38 if one of the qbs falls but I do not think this is the year to take a qb.

Either way four days away and I can't wait to see what the Jets will look like. I am not looking forward to seeing this team play with what they have now but it could change after this weekend's draft.

5. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

I don;t think Njoku will be there that late but the rest of the draft is realistic and I would be ecstatic if that happened.

6. Careerqb

Careerqb New Member

HAHAHA fire up big fella!! Trust me - Mahomes and AP is a very real possibility for next season...I'd like to say Trump told me but you might get all wound up again

7. Careerqb

Careerqb New Member

I'd let a developing QB sit, as in not be the projected starter for 3 or 4 years if we had a franchise QB. If our Franchise QB is still productive after those 3 or 4 years, trade the developing QB who has played garbage time through out those 3 or 4 years.

However, we don't have a franchise QB, so therefore Hack should have played at the end of the season. The reason why he never started was because 75% of what a QB can do on Game Day can already be seen during practice. Hack is a bust and they realised it after week 4 of the pre season.

I hope I am wrong. I hope what he produced at Penn State in those first couple of years can be translated into an NFL standard QB.

Although, he might be Redshirted again for his second year...The Jets just might want him to concentrate on completing his masters in Public Relations.

8. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Mahomes might be a possibility, I hope he is. But how in the world is Ap even a remote possibility? First of all we have no cap room, second of all even if we did have the cap room and the interest, which we don't. Why in the world would an aging RB with a year or two left choose a team not competing for anything during those years?

9. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I totally agree. Further, why in the world would a team that has just cut 99% of its older veterans, and is going with a youth movement/rebuilding, want to sign an old, over-the-hill veteran RB, even if he is a HOFer? That makes no sense. They already have two older RBs. They need youth at the RB position.

xxedge72x and TonyFtLaud like this.
  10. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

Beyond the draft I would also love to see the Jets trade Richardson for a third, Pryor for a late fourth or fifth (think that's realistic), and Petty if we can get a seventh for him (if we draft a qb) and we can get something for him, also Forte for a 5th or 6th. He's a good veteran presence and would help but would like to see him play for a contender and see Powell and a few young guys play.

#30 AJT73, Apr 24, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
  11. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

I don't think so. His tape and stats say much differently. Hack was sacked like a tackling dummy in college. Mahomes can throw on the run and escape pressure.

12. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

This is not going to happen. Clearly a dream.

With the news of Peppers's positive test and if he drops this would be an amazing draft. I'd be scared because of the drug issues but pure football would be great.

1. Jamal Adams
    2. Reuben Foster
    3. Jabril Peppers

Again not happening but I can dream.

13. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

Br4d for GM!

14. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

This only works if Browns and Cards believe Jets are taking a QB.

15. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Trading Richardson for a third would be great. I think they would only trade Prior if they get Adams; otherwise, they're just creating another hole that they won't be able to fill with that 4th or 5th round pick.

There's no way that Petty should be traded imo unless the Jets have completely soured on him. He's still on his rookie deal and cheap. He's a hard worker and showed a lot of improvement last season. He's the second most experienced QB on the team. Unless the Jets have given up on both Petty and Hack or think that one of the QBs in this draft is a "can't miss prospect", they shouldn't even think about drafting a QB high. I'd rather they not keep 4 QBs again this season, but since they are in a rebuilding year, it wouldn't be the end of the world. The problem is that he would get few reps and would cut down on the reps needed by Petty, Hack and McCown. IMO it would be best if they don't take a QB at all, then if they see that Petty or Hack aren't gonna cut it, they can go all in on QBs in next year's draft.

IMO they cannot trade Forte. They would gain no cap relief and think would have to pay him $7 million for not being on the team. They have just under $8 million in cap space, and I'm not sure they even have enough money to pay their draft picks unless they trade or cut Richardson. If they trade down a time or two, they may not have enough to pay all their draft picks, and they need to keep money for camp cuts and emergencies during the season.

16. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

All good, except McCown doesn't need reps.

17. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Hack also was behind arguably one of the worst offensive lines in recent memory. He almost had a sub D1 offensive line....at TTU he was asked to get rid of the Ball quicker but he was creative in the pocket when he had to extend plays.

18. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

Oy.....my dream is that i don't witness a nightmare thursday evening.

boozer32 likes this.
  19. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Adams and Peppers are redundant. IF we could get Peppers in the 3rd, then Hooker is a better pair with him.

It's not going to happen but fun to entertain.

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  20. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Add Mixon at the 3 Rd round compensatory pick. Ringling Brothers last show is in May, the Jets will be primed to take over. Can buy the tents at a discount. Keep Richardson, convince him to sign for league minimum as he can make much more selling "Product" to the new guys.....