Morris Claiborne signs with the Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ConcordeChops, Mar 16, 2017.

1. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Hooker is only #1 on your board. He's dropping like a lead weight. We are going offense this draft and its long overdue.

#161 boozer32, Mar 19, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
  2. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I am not the only one that shares that sentiment. Your opinion on player evaluation holds no weight as you considered Gilchrist a good safety.

3. boozer32

My offer still stands I bet you Hooker will never be our pick at 6. The guy is injured and no one wants him top ten. Now some loser team will panic and will pick him in the first round. Gilchrist is a good safety and played good for us in 2015. The problem is our idiot head coach and his even dumber defensive coordinator. So we will have the same issues in 2017 because Bowels is still here and he didn't fire Rodgers. Oh you notice Gilchrist is still on the roster.

Longsuffering88 likes this.
  4. joe

joe Well-Known Member

fyp

(champ):mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  5. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I have to agree with this 100%.
    In 2016 the play calling and schemes of the defense was catastrophically bad. To a Man the whole secondary and LB corps went to shit. Front four except for Leo average at best. People here are pissing and moaning about Pryor, Lee, Jenkins, Richardson, Mauling, and Gilchrist but the coaching staff didn't do shit to get them ready scheme wise.
    HC and D.C. is a far bigger problem than who we draft. Yet most are blaming the GM who had zero control as to what the HC chose to do player wise. I'm beginning to think that if Rex was still there and reporting to Mac we would be far better off today.

6. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

Gilchrist was at my restruant the other day. Nice guy nice family forgot his phone at our restruant

boozer32 likes this.
  7. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

You own a what?

alleycat9 likes this.
  8. boozer32

You nailed it. I just have that home game against Indy etched in my mind how their receivers were just running crazy in the secondary. Bowles made no adjustments all game long. I can deal with injuries and substandard talent. But having a team unprepared all year long is unacceptable and that is why Bowles should have been fired. Expecting the Jets to improve as long as he is here is a pipe dream.

9. 101GangGreen101

Hahaha still preaching this. He was one of the worst players and was non existent last year. Blame coaching all you want but Gilchrist is not a good safety. Hooker played his best games this year WITH the injury so fail to see your point.

Gilchrist is still on the roster, there's no point in cutting him just yet.

Hooker
    Foster
    Howard

Top 3 for the Jets IMO.

10. 101GangGreen101

Where's Rex right now? I'm sure he'll be a great analysis for ESPN. Took a good Buffalo defense and ran it to the ground.

Let's be serious LAJet. Anyone that believes Gilchrist can be a full time starter idk man blame coaching but he was still in charge of positioning players and he failed.

FJF likes this.
  11. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

I don't fault a guy who gets banged up. I just hate pulled muscles of any kind

12. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

boozer, come on. Gilchrist is not good. If he was, SD would never have let him walk as a FA to begin with. Yes, he played pretty well in 2015, but he absolutely sucked last year. He calls signals in the secondary, and last year the communication in the secondary was a joke. How many mental errors and total clusterfucks were there? At least 3-4 of those were on Gilchrist himself for blowing the coverage. As for why Gilchrist is still on the roster, we still have Bowles as HC don't we?

I also think you're totally wrong about Hooker.

13. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

With all the management cluster fuck up in Buffalo , Rex did a better job last year than Bowles by far in having the team prepared. So Bowles should have been fired way before Rex.
    As for Gilchrist, 101, I do agree with you, I'm not arguing that he should be a full time starter, but when the team takes the field unprepared and the schemes are totally off the mark against a given offense game in and game out, that is not on the player. TB and his DC so far have demonstrated they can not orchestrate a one car funeral, never mind a proper game plan. Absolutely wasting Richardson talent at OLB or leaving a porous Revis on single coverage over and over is not Gilchrist fault. It's simply incompetent coaching.

14. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

his deal suggests exactly what I said. he got a 1 year incentive laden deal. He may not be a starter. We could go with the young guys on the roster + a likely draft pick. He has to prove it like everyone else does.

15. nicg4360

nicg4360 Well-Known Member

Gilchrist may have looked terrible but honestly every single player not named Leonard Williams had alot of suck to their game.

16. 101GangGreen101

Rex when he first went to BUF that team was stacked and the season before they were on the brink of being a playoff team. That team IMO looks a lot worse then it did when Rex first came. Bowles does have some work to do so we will see how he does this year in terms of his preparation and coaching ability. Sheldon at OLB, awful idea I agree. Hopefully some young blood will revive the roster.

FJF, boozer32 and LAJet like this.
  17. boozer32

Um those first 2 are defensive players which will do ZERO to improve this team nor have they improved this team for the last 9 years. Drafting a TE is worst than taking a defensive player. The Jets haven't featured that postion in decades so with the myriad of offensive issues they have why would they go TE at 6. They can fill that position with a retread crackhead. First they would have to get a OC that would at least throw to that position once every 3 weeks.

18. boozer32

Not all on Gilchrist. The Jets front 7 generated no pass rush all year long. This team is supposed to be Bowles pressure feel defense. That is where the problem is. You telling me Revis and Gilchrist game detoriated that quickly? That is just not believable and you have to look outside the box. No pressure from a front 7 I could run around free in a secondary. Gilchrist, Williams, Pryor, Skrine all had a sucky season. What is the common denominator?

#178 boozer32, Mar 20, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
    ColoradoContrails likes this.
  19. 101GangGreen101

Foster is like Luke Kuechly. Only an uneducated fan like yourself would say something like this about Foster. You just lost any if all credibility.

20. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I'm not saying that Bowles and Rodgers don't deserve a lot of the blame, because they definitely do. Still, Gilchrist not only didn't keep his unit focused and on task, he wasn't either. If you were a leader for the secondary and your HC was not addressing things adequately in practice, wouldn't you go to the HC, and then if that didn't work, wouldn't you call your secondary mates together and work to get on the same page? I sure as heck would. I'd be too embarrassed to go out there week after week sucking and looking like clueless losers.

boozer32 likes this.