More Hackenberg...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Jan 7, 2017.

1. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

He is a fraud

They wont renew him in 2018
    LOL

Plus a 1000

Not bashing you at all

2. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

lol yup...and Mark Sanchez has won 4 times as many playoff games! They started the wrong QB

The Dark Knight likes this.
  3. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Its a win /win to have Petty/Hack take the field in 2017

They show some promise then we know going forward ...they fail and we win 2 games we can possible get FQB in 2018 despite all the speculation on the Calif QBs

Kudos to MM for not burdening their performance by buying a bridge QB after almost 2 weeks of FA

Longsuffering88 likes this.
  4. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

And that he is the HC not the GM. Who knows what O'Brien would have done with a choice.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  5. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

The difference is unlike last year, Vinny was winning games, so there was no need to go to Chad. Also Hack's preseason play was scary bad. I know not to put much stock in preseason games, but Hack literally couldn't throw the ball on target.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  6. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

The two situations can't even be compared. Chad was ready to play out of the gate. He was very smart. I was screaming for Chad to start over Vinny, because Vinny was still dumb Vinny and making rookie mistakes. Parcells wasn't gonna start a rookie QB, however, and neither was Al Doh!

Hack wasn't ready to start. When Mac drafted him, Mac knew that Hack needed to sit for a year, work on his fundamentals, and put the beating he took at PSU out of his mind.

7. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Again, aside from his touchdown drive, I agree. However, he was #4 on the depth chart and got limited reps. Not quite fair to him to say he is not ready, give him minimal reps, then throw him into the fire. His poor play shouldn't have shocked anyone. That's why I hope there is only 3 legit QB on the training camp roster this year. (I don't mind a 4th QB who is just there for camp)

Pags2112 likes this.
  8. tbruner12

tbruner12 Well-Known Member

"The beating he took at Penn St. crap doesn't fly. I'm sure Penn didn't add 5 new starters to the line and were in contention to play in the final four of college football. The team was better when he left. Hack doesn't need ill aimed excuses, like the line, coaching/playbook changes, etc... He can either play or he can't. Obviously he can't. Probably won't ever pan out. NFL QB's don't need redshirted, the transition is tough but not for picks that high. Even Sancho played out of the gate, surrounded by the same talent with the exception of O-line, and he sucked right out of the gate too. Nacho ended up proving himself inept just like I thought in the beginning. Hack is way behind Nacho. Mac deserved an "F" for the pick. His job will be on the line if he screws up that bad in this years draft, as it should be. Stop defending Hack in any way, it's for your own good NC. Hack is a quack, wait and see. You should be able to see that. Right?

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  9. Footballgod214

yes, the Hack-Petty combo is truly a win-win for the Jets and for the wallet of Trumps Pawn. To combine for 16 wins and the Lombardi - or - we lose all 16 games and get the #1 overall pick - or - we place somewhere in the middle....it doesn't fucking matter.

Either way the stadium is sold out to idiots paying huge jack for seats, $50 parking passes, buying $150 'jerseys',$10 cups of beer, and $6 jumbo dogs! It just doesn't matter. Win it all or lose it all, close your eyes and it doesn't matter...the money rolls in JUST THE SAME

Cman68 likes this.
  10. Pags2112

Pags2112 Well-Known Member

The money does roll in, And surprisingly we ranked 5th in attendance in 2016. Ticket prices were reduced of course, giving those folks a few more bucks to spend on those delicious $40 wings lmao!

Footballgod214 likes this.
  11. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

$40 wings??? GTFOH!!!! You're kiddin right?

Pags2112 likes this.
  12. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I'm replying again to this post so you don't have to go looking for it.

Turn the sound off and watch Hack without the benefit of the "cheerleading" from the analyst, and make up your own mind. If you do listen to the commentary, your first thought might be like mine: "How much did Hackenberg pay this guy?" I'll freely admit that I'm not an expert, and perhaps I just can't see what this guys sees, even with him rerunning the same plays over and over and pointing things out, but honestly, I wasn't that impressed even when Hackenberg completed passes. So I don't know, watch it; see for yourself. But IMO Hack needs to show he can do the job NOW, or he'll show himself to be a long term "project", with no guarantee he'll ever be an NFL QB, and that sure isn't the definition of #2 pick

tbruner12 and westiedog1 like this.
  13. Footballgod214

Yes, but you can only look at them.

Cman68 likes this.
  14. tbruner12

tbruner12 Well-Known Member

The guy talking said he was a "brain", which is bullshit. If Hack could recognize all this stuff because he was so smart, why didn't he change the play? He never glanced at the OLB on his blind side. Why didn't he attack that side of the field?
    If he sends a back to the left, the OLB would have had to check him before continuing his blitz. Temple is not a top 10 team, but completely exposed Quack all day long. He didn't identify anything on the defensive side of the ball, and the commentator simply blames the line.
    If he changes the play correctly, the line can change to the correct blocking scheme.
    He holds the ball too long, eyes down receivers, is terribly inaccurate, and has happy feet. He obviously isn't cerebral because any QB should know that you can't force passes into the face of a blitz even if it is a screen. The video is an obvious Hack band aid. Truth is, the Jets screwed up by picking him, especially screwing up by taking him so high.
    He is worse than a project. He is a complete rebuild. To beat it all, Mac picked him knowing that we don't have a QB whisperer anywhere on the staff.
    I will be very clear, I hope he turns into Dan Marino or Joe cool, but he isn't capable. Too many issues, too little time. Hack doesn't like contact at all, and football is a contact sport.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  15. NYJETS4life24

NYJETS4life24 Active Member

He orchestrated one good drive. I think it was his first one ever.

16. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

We're gonna find out. We're gonna see him play. They have to put him into situations with the first and second teams to find out for sure. He did not get those opportunities last year. He was on the second practice field with camp extras all of camp, and in the appearances in the games.
    They're not gonna hide him to cover their asses because of where they took him. They need to find out if it's worth investing more into him. So he will be on display and we'll see for ourselves what he's got....Thankfully.
    Tho some experts on here already know.....

Petty got a pass the first year and he got a chance last year. Besides where they were picked, it's the same thing. So if people want to focus on the place where they were picked to criticize them that's fine. But they were willing to gamble a little more on the chance to get a QB after they had Petty in house for a year. It was a gamble they were willing to take with what they had already in hand.

If they pick a QB in the draft after signing McCown then either Petty, Hack or even McCown, if Hack/Petty take a giant step, will be gone. Maybe they'll stand pat, give Hack a year, and draft somebody next year. Macc & Co. will prolly be here next year too so this could take a while.

#236 Walt White, Mar 19, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
    Pags2112 and FJF like this.
  17. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I know they can't be compared, which is why I was telling Dark Knight why they can't be compared.

18. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

He most certainly did take beating at PSU. You obviously didn't watch any of his games his last two years at PSU. Not only did he take a beating, he was constantly calling audibles at the LOS.

He may not pan out, but it's in the Jets best interests to give him every opportunity. Judging a player after one season in the league or treating all players as if they were created the same is just nuts and ignores the history of the NFL and human nature.

#238 NCJetsfan, Mar 19, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
  19. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Well that was my assessment, but frankly I'm not an expert. But I saw the same things you mentioned and wondered why he wasn't changing things up to offset the rush? According the to analyst, Hackenberg had free rein to change up plays, so if he was getting blitzed so much why not use the running game or some other approach to get the "D" to back off?

I too wish for him to surprise - shock - me and succeed, but until I see some evidence to what I've seen so far, I remain skeptical.

20. Pags2112

Pags2112 Well-Known Member

Not $40 but I remember seeing a bowl of wings and they weren't cheap .. think like $20 .. don't really remember .. I was looking at them at the 2015-16 green and white game.