Chase Daniel?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, Mar 13, 2017.

1. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Nick Foles returned to the Eagles on a two-year deal which means Chase Daniel is on the block and of course the Jets were immediately linked to him. Thoughts?

I personally never understood why this guy gets so much praise year after year despite having proven nothing in the NFL. I mean I guess it's a better option than Cutler depending on the compensation but that's about the extent of my excitement.

2. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

How the hell is he a better option than Cutler ? :eek:

In fact how the hell is he still in the NFL o_O

3. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

We need a worse option. A 6-10 record with Cutler would be disastrous for this franchise - I'm pitching for a Ryan Leaf comeback.

boozer32, Jersey Joe 67, Br4d and 3 others like this.
  4. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Jesus its so sad around here, Chase Daniels?!?

5. BroadwayAaron

He isn't good, but Cutler is a lightning rod. He's immature, isn't afraid to act like a douche bag and isn't a good player. That's a bad combination in New York. I'd prefer to just suck without the drama.

boozer32, Br4d and NYJetsO12 like this.
  6. Mainejet

Mainejet Well-Known Member

If the Jets do NOT need to pay his salary, ie. if he got cut, I would think he would as good an option as ANY currently in front of the Jets? They are all bad options, so how could Chase Daniel be any worse than all the rest? He's still young and he's at least somewhat of a wildcard, whereas Jay Cutler has already proven that he is NOT an option. And as was already mentioned, he's on the chopping block. If the Eagles cannot find a trading partner, he could get cut and the Jets could sign him for little money because his contract would still be owned by the Eagles in the form of dead money...

7. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

What about NO, I like what Mac is doing, stay away from the market in FA.

I want Mac to be like the Steelers, keep building through the draft and stay away from the cesspool that is FA, if the Jets were one or two pieces from getting to the SB because they had a good team, then yes, I would be all in for signing those pieces in FA.

Be patient and don't be hasty, stick to the plan and don't overpay. I like it, that being said, he needs to kill this draft, this years team will represent Mac, as he has cleaned house from most previous GMs players.

ajax, nycarl, Br4d and 2 others like this.
  8. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

I would rather we just went with Petty or Hack than pay that excuse of a QB a wage, I don't want Cutler either but you said he was a better option than Cutler, not strictly true, well unless the plan is to go 0-16 and then I am with you and the number 1 pick all the way ;)

PennyRoyal10 likes this.
  9. BroadwayAaron

Chase Daniel will be released today according to ESPN Philly. I don't see how he isn't starting for us next year. Ugh.

10. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

This thread is like when the Jehovah witnesses are knocking on your door on Good Friday.

DSL97, BomberJet and Peebag like this.
  11. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

If the Jets sign Daniel, it means they are planning on Pettenberg and Daniel is the mentor.

All Gas No Shake likes this.
  12. Red Menace

Should we hide then?

GreenfiendNYJ likes this.
  13. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

Just answer the door dressed up like Negan from The Walking Dead while leaning to the side with Lucile in your hand.

14. Red Menace

I only do that when there is some petition going around from some soccer mom who has nothing else better to do than try and get me to prevent one tree from being cut down.

15. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

Chase Daniel is one of those QB's who put up outstanding stats in college. Probably never got a real shot to start because he's only 6'0" if that. Nevertheless, there is a reason he's been around as long as he has (7 years.) He is 30 years old with a decent arm, has good mobility, and most importantly, can move a team down the field when called upon. However, he is not the answer for Jets QB, at least I hope not.

Added afterthought: To me Nick Foles was the best FA QB available. The fact that the Jets passed on him is another indication that there's a strong possibility the Jets are going to go QB in round 1.

#15 westiedog1, Mar 13, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
    boozer32 likes this.
  16. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

Not the answer but just the type we need. 3 way QB battle is just what the doctor ordered. Way better than Cutler as an option, cheap, young, potential. Should be the mantra going forward.

PennyRoyal10 likes this.
  17. JethroTull

JethroTull 2018 Least Knowledgeable Poster

This is a perfect fit IMO. Daniel was with the Saints for three years so he likely knows the offense. He's also a career backup unlike Cutler who would be comfortable serving as a mentor to Hackenberg or Petty if he doesn't win the job.

18. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

lol, had to chase a few of them away from door recently. Told them if the Jets win the SB, wouldn't need them to tell me Armageddon is near at hand.

19. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Chase Daniel is terrible. Not even sure he is a good back-up. Remember how awful he was in that 4th preseason game last year?

20. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Sounds like Fitzpatrick.