The Empire will be gone in 1 year!

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Rockinz, Mar 10, 2017.

1. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

I have a sneaky suspicion Bill and Tommy are retiring together after this upcoming season.

- They are going all in this year by adding Cooks, Ealy, Gilmour and Allen. Watch them add Adrian Peterson on the cheap too...

- If they don't trade Jimmy it will be even more obvious they are preparing for life after Brady. They also didn't include Butler in the Cooks deal so if they keep him too they are truly swinging for the fences.

- Belichick has said he won't be coaching forever like "Marv Leavy". He's turning 65, has 2 fists of rings and has left an incredible legacy of coaching.

- McDaniels is staying with the team when without a doubt he could have been a head coach this year. This tells me that it's possible he is the next in line after Belichick but how long can he wait? I think he knows that he's the guy after Bill and might know this is his last year.

- Brady is the key to this theory because everyone thinks he will play till he gets too old and breaks down but Brady is a health nut and loves himself more that anything or anyone. He also loves his image of greatness and when u see an over the hill broken down QB squizzing out an extra season it tarnishes your perception of how great that QB was in his prime. It's the Wayne Gretzky thoery, retire when you feel you could play 1 more year because that year is your last impression on your sports legacy.

Few things need to happen but it too me looks like the Empire is coming to an end and the end is near! Well we can only hope...

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  2. On one hand...I hope you are right...on the other...do we really have to sit through yet another Pats championship season? Additionally..who's to say it ends w. Brady & Bellichick. It's defied odds for going on 15 years why would it subside?

The Jets need to forget about New England crashing & worry about themselves. Let's field a team that has talent & killer instinct to boot...we take down the cheaters on our own terms. How sweet would that be??

3. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

Yeah last year convinced me there's no hoping they fail and fall apart by themselves. Let another AFC east team like hmmm Idk... The Jets for example, really get themselves a FQB with a solid core of players projected for 10+ wins every year then you'd see some pressure on the pats and maybe some cracks would show.. But for now they have an automatic ticket to the playoffs every year and they really just do whatever they want. No pressure they know they're gonna be in the mix

4. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

5. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

It is weird. These recent moves by the Patriots are very unPatriot like. Usually they are stock piling picks, and trading players. This year they are actually moving picks to put more studs in place. Maybe there is light at the end of the tunnel.

I don't get why the Saints would let Cooks go like that. Will anybody beat the Pats next year?

NYJetsO12 and Jonathan_Vilma like this.
  6. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

Agreed. I just finished saying the same thing to someone. There is a lot of signs that point to the end, can't all be coincidence.

7. Let's say this is the grand finale....how sweet would it be for them to falter on the brink of ring #6? It would surely be a sight for sore eyes.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  8. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

I don't think so

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  9. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

From your mouth to God's ears. Let it be so.

10. SackExchange69

SackExchange69 Well-Known Member

I'm thinking Patriots/Giants in the SB again. Marshall MVP. Lol

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  11. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

Would love it. Would love if McDaniels drives them into a dumpster fire like he did in Denver right afterwards even more though..

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  12. thankyourevis

thankyourevis Active Member

Oh yes what a sweet victory that would be seeing the pats fall just short of their six f@cking ring. Left weaping in a pool of their own tears with only their five rings to ease the pain. We all need to get a grip and get a life.

NYJalltheway and rohirrim665 like this.
  13. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I didn't get why he Saints were so urgent to get rid of Cooks. He's a young player and I get they want to unload before they can't pay him but damn.

I see New England looking at this as a two year run. If they win the championship next year I could also see the two of them going out on top.

14. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

This thread needs a punch in the face.

Zach, Woodhead, alleycat9 and 6 others like this.
  15. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Focusing on what N.E. does or doesn't do, doesn't help the Jets improve, which is the ONLY thing that matters. Build a winning culture HERE, and that will take care of the rest.

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  16. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

I remember reading the same thing when they signed Revis.
    They are stocking up because they had their asses handed to them for 3 quarters in the super bowl and would have been badly embarrassed if not for such poor coaching down the stretch by Atlanta.
    Bills new boat is named seven rings. Don't think he's going anywhere yet.

#16 TonyFtLaud, Mar 11, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2017
  17. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Double post

18. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Great Post...in my heart and some of my head I agree

Most telling evidence is BB at 65 and theory Brady the football God leaves the Game pristine

On the other hand, so many people today can work through their 60s with the help of modern medicine plus Brady might want to push it

tbh...who knows ...who cares

We have our on house to worry about

jmho

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  19. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

It's the New England model. Trade talent right before their giant payday, acquire a bunch of young talent through trades and draft, keep the cap spending low. Then they can afford the key pieces to shore up the weak spots.

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  20. Sooo...you'd rather them actually GET the 6th ring? I'm not sure I understand your point..

I don't expect everyone to feel the same way I do..but I live in New England w. monster in laws who are complete Pats Homers...While I am more concerned about the Jets..no question... Life will be ALOT easier once the bullshit finally ends in Foxboro