2019-2020 New York Islanders thread

Discussion in 'Ice Hockey Forum' started by CBG, Jan 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

They still need an elite player to help JT, only way they can take the next step to becoming a good road team.

Toronto is a tough skilled young team. They will be looking for revenge after that 6-5 loss in OT.

2. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Another example of why Garth needs to be fired. JT has been here all these years and still no elite winger to give him help. They need to find a way to get W tonight. It would be nice to finally get into a playoff spot and even though that will change nightly given their are 6 or 7 teams fighting for the WC 2.

Red Menace likes this.
  3. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

good win for the good guys

4. Red Menace

Giontas set up was sick. Still need another elite center or winger to make the second line a little more dangerous.

5. joe

joe Well-Known Member

First time at Barclay's. . Seats had obstructed views but parking was a snap.

[​IMG]

6. Red Menace

Going to watch the Sound tigers tonight, Joshua Ho-Sang is on fire for them.

Hopefully he gets the call soon and they can put him on the top line with JT.

CBG likes this.
  7. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

You parked right behind the boards? Nice!

Listened to the first two periods at work then forgot to turn on the third on my way home. Big win, wish I would have listened to that 4 min PK to start the third.

8. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

What a great game last night. I can't believe I heard on WFAN last night around midnight on my way home, i forget who the host was, that he was saying the NHL regular season is stale and they need to make the game more like the NBA in that it features more "superstars." He said the problem with the league was that there aren't enough Lebron James type guys, and that its not appealing to "fantasy stats" and things of the like. He was lamenting that the league doesn't want to do anything to change this.

Maybe more seasoned hockey fans can chime in here, but hockey seems to be really the only pure team sport that remains. Football has become a totally QB driven league, they are trying to ruin baseball with the DH and all other kinds of dumbing down rules, and the NBA is just totally fucked with their "superstar" mentality. Basketball is hardly watchable nowadays.
    Hockey seems to be the only sport that has stuck to their guns and kept the game pure and not cater to the adhd instant gratification crowd that consumes all sports nowadays. I wanted to reach through the radio and choke this guy out, I can't remember his name because I don't listen to that much sports talk but he's on the radio quite often. He made it sound like the game last night was boring. I was only able to watch it in piece meal and am rewatching again right now, but was that not an exciting game or what? He seemed like a butthurt ranger fan, to be honest.

Please, can we keep one game pure?

9. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I tried to call Hahn n Humpty yesterday, I was doing PT but I stray, they kept me on hold for 5 minutes so I hung up . They were talking about how if the Rangers and Islanders met in the playoffs ( BTW this will not happen this year do to seeding also it would take a miracle because we actually would have to make the playoffs ) they said it would be forgotten a week later and talked about it as if it was no big deal ! Let me explain something to all of you ESPECIALLY those too young to even phathom this concept ---------> I am a diehard football fan, I love it ! The problem with the the Islanders besides all the well documented ownership problems and pathetic GM s is that the team has just been horrible for what seems like an eternity ! They have not really been competitive , sure we had an ok season here and there and I had season tickets in 93 , and had Dale Hunter not mugged Turgeon in front of me the Islanders would have without a doubt won the CUP that year----of course a year later we got Hextalled by the Rangers ,,,but I stray------> back to my point and the old timers ( whether they are Ranger fans or Islander fans ) can vouch for me as you kids sadly have zero clue what I am about to say---------> when the Islanders and Rangers are both competitive and good there is nothing like Islander vs Rangers in the playoffs ! Nothing comes close ---not Mets vs Yanks not any New York Rivalry ! You Can put any football rivalry in there Jets vs Pats ,Dolphins not even close ! Nothing compares to the 70s and 80s when both these teams were good ! If it is not the best thing in sports its sure in the top 3 ! Sadly the Islanders have sucked ass for so long that many on this board have no clue what I am talking about !

rohirrim665 likes this.
  10. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

can the Isles pull the trigger on a trade right now ? How about 2 trades ? Josh Bailey never had more trade value---> get rid of him ! Nelson has talent size and blah blah---> gone please ! I am not sure what you can get for these guys but I can play on # 91 wing and score and WATCHING Nelson just makes me ill. The team is playing well but make no mistake we are looking at NO PLAYOFFS or a first round ousting by Washington! Make changes now and bring up kids if necessary ,,,,,,,I would rather try and make the playoffs and have kids gain experience than to stick with this bunch we have right now ! Ps why is Garth Snow still employed ?

Red Menace likes this.
  11. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Solid game last night by the Isles. Usually going into Montreal is a house of horrors. Good start 2-0 on this 9 game road trip. Right now the Isles are WC 2 but still a lot of hockey to play.

Red Menace likes this.
  12. Red Menace

Not even worried about WC right now, they have to be .500 at the end of road trip to think that they have a chance at the playoffs.

They are breaking out with so much speed need now, Montreal was playing left wing lock on the goal that Anders Lee scored.

That is usually a very good defensive formation, but for some reason they broke down and let Lee get behind them.

#832 Red Menace, Feb 24, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
  13. Red Menace

Why don't you like Nelson? Bailey I can understand, but Nelson has not had 7 years to live up to his potential.

14. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Menace I think he has a lot of talent (Nelson) he has good hands and he is big,,,,,,BUT he is just too damn soft for me ! Too soft ! Big and soft not a good combo , looks like Tarzan PLAYS LIKE CHEETAH ! A guy like him should show up every game and he is so invisible at times,,yes I dislike him tremendously ! Bailey has NEVER had more trade value , he is having his best year EVER that said trade him right effing now! Heck they could sign me or the menace to play with # 91 ! He can develop chemistry with anyone------> the exception was Moulson as they had great chemistry ! There has to be a guy or 2 out there we can go get !!!!!
    ps Ladd is playing well right now

Red Menace likes this.
  15. Red Menace

True, If he had half the heart that anders Lee has he would be dominant. I still like his skill set and maybe he needs some time to develope an edge, I would not trade him for just anyone though.

The islanders got rid of Nederaiter because Capuano thought he was one dimensional and now look what he is doing with the Wild.

CBG likes this.
  16. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I have really disliked a bunch of Isles in my lifetime,,,,,the few we discussed,,,,,,The entire original kid line ,starting with Travis Green , I really disliked Flatley ,,,and we all hated Yashin

17. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Devils fan here. After the lockout, the NHL changed the rules to promote scoring. Destroyed the Devils defensive system, they've never been the same since. So the NHL's just as guilty. :(

18. Red Menace

Having the NHL best goalie of all time helped the devils out a little.

19. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

So did anyone expect them to go 9-0 on this road trip ? I was running around so missed half the game ,I get home turn it on and its already 5 -0 ! Yes the team is playing better since firing Cappy but they are what they are and a first round ousting looms thats if they even make the playoffs , which I think they will. Moves need to be made if they want to make noise otherwise its same ole same ole , seen this movie so many times and know the ending .

Red Menace likes this.
  20. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Having him face 14 shots a game helped

HomeoftheJets and Red Menace like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.