PSL Default repercussions

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by JetsNation06, Feb 16, 2017.

1. RPOZ51

RPOZ51 Well-Known Member

So much for their sales pitch that the PSLs were a good investment as an appreciating asset.

Jets69, stinkyB and JetsNation06 like this.
  2. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Thanks to all on here for some really good suggestions on how I should proceed with this. I wouldn't expect anything less from real Jets fans who get it.

F Woody and his PSL scam!!!

RPOZ51 likes this.
  3. hoobash

hoobash Well-Known Member

If they start destroying there fans credit it wouldn't make them look so good they would loose a lot of fans call them tell them your done

same old jets and JetsNation06 like this.
  4. RPOZ51

RPOZ51 Well-Known Member

I had this debate with one of those kids with the khaki pants and the clipboard that stalk you at fan events at the Stadium.

The Jets PSL isn't worth horsecrap (neither is the Giants for that matter).

One of my buddies who was a Jets STH with me moved to Jacksonville around the time the Jags came into existence.

The Jags were an early adopter of the PSL model. My buddy bought the PSL, but it meant that he basically had a coop on the seat. He sort of owned it. He had the right of first refusal to tickets for that seat at any event in the stadium. No one could use "his" seat, unless he didn't want to use it.

That's not the case with the Meadowlands. The Jets PSL doesn't give you any rights like that. The same seat you sit in at a Jets game has a big fat Giants fan butt in it the next week, and some Springsteen fan or Bon Jovi fan or monster truck fan in it the week after that.

The Jets "seat license" doesn't give you any value beyond the obligation to buy a seat at a Jets game (and pay 50 bucks to park your car).

And what happens if you pay for the PSL, but you don't buy the game tickets? Don't you lose the seat?

I live 3 miles away from the big air conditioner, and I used to be an STH at the old place, after the Jets left Shea.

Not to make anyone feel bad, but there was no way I could justify buying a Jets PSL.

When I want to go to a game, I go to StubHub, or buy loose seats in the upper bowl, which is a whole strange effed up world unto itself.

5. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

You're smart. I live close by as well and I never should've gotten wrapped up in their PSL bs. All of us fans deserve better than that concrete shithouse.

RPOZ51 likes this.
  6. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

just be glad that its WOODY coming after you and not PAULY

Cman68, FJF and JetsNation06 like this.
  7. alleycat9

if you have a few weeks to read, there is some really fantastic stuff in one of hte greatest threads in gg history. sadly it seems most of the guys who had all the answers are gone. other than the last few of us. 75 dollar mezz tickets became 7500 dollar psls with the obligation to buy 400 dollar a seat ticket, uncovered, 1/3rd of a mile up. fuck woody johnson, fuck caspar gomez and fuck the fucking diaz brothers...

http://forums.theganggreen.com/threads/17a-new-stadium-tour-psls-new-stadium-stuff-go-here.42290/

CBG and RPOZ51 like this.
  8. RPOZ51

RPOZ51 Well-Known Member

Wow. A 958 page thread that started when the place was under construction. I'm going to read that in the off season. Thanks for the link. I have seen that thread, but never popped it open before.

FWIW: As I went to the new place for different things (draft night, a 5K race, etc), they were still taking down the old place. Not that I loved the old place - but - the last slice of it that remained standing contained the section where my season tickets had been - Section 326. We were in Row 16, Seats 17, 18, 19 and 20.

In our heyday, I'd buy all 4 seats, and spread them out among the guys that could make different games. I was taking a risk, sure, but it was a tiny risk, because there always people who wanted to go.

Slowly but surely, the gang stopped going. With Rich Kotite having no idea what he was doing, who could blame them?

We went from having really nice tailgate parties to - nobody.

For the last game I attended as a STH, I had a sandwich and a beer by myself in my truck, and sat all alone in Section 326. It was me and 3 unused tickets. I was the only guy in the whole section.

Jets memories!

#28 RPOZ51, Feb 18, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2017
  9. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

hey, i already did a goodfellas clip!

alleycat9 likes this.
  10. GreenFan15J

GreenFan15J Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    This says it all...

11. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Alleycat ----> great stuff indeed ! What a difference from page 1 until now huh buddy ?

alleycat9 likes this.
  12. alleycat9

sometimes I just go in there and read a random page, it was quite a ride for those few years that thread was running hot. I still wish 227 would pop his head in at some point just to let us know he is ok. that dude had some of the greatest posts in that thread.

LogeSection2RowJ likes this.
  13. alleycat9

That should be sent to woody every single day.

14. alleycat9

that was my inspiration for it.

FJF likes this.
  15. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

woodys more like marty though

alleycat9 likes this.
  16. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Alleycat if you have not already quote one of 227 posts on THAT THREAD and then ask him to say hi and see if he shows up . Yes that thread was and is epic

17. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

yes it should ! And Alleycat and a few others one reason I posted so often and sometimes the posts were very similar or the same exact rant is because I know for a fact that the Jets / ticket office monitored that thread ( I was told by a ticket rep in person ) so every chance I got to bash those as swipes I did and still do !

alleycat9 likes this.
  18. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

I used to get calls from the Jets asking me if I'd like season tickets. I told them no as I can't justify the garbage that is a PSL. Just no damn way am I going to pay just for the rights to purchase season tickets.

RPOZ51 and JetsNation06 like this.
  19. alleycat9

at points they were calling people all the time, they would get your name from anywhere. anything you sent to them, any way they could get your info they used it to try and sell folks tickets.

think about that poor turd that spent 60k on the first or best tickets, remember they auctioned them or some shit.

20. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

That's not possible !

I was in 326 pretty close to you and I never missed a game. I can remember during the Steelers game years ago (yes the Steelers actually do have to come to play the Jets at home once a decade or so) it was snowing and the staff went around taking pictures at half time. The one they took of my son and I showed no one else in the section behind us.

I liked that section much better than my current seats, the ticket holders now are duds, half of them don't even know the players. One time I made a mistake and ordered a sloppy Joe platter instead of a sandwich. I brought the whole round platter (about 2' in diameter) into the game and instantly had 25-30 new friends fed and happy before the game.

westiedog1 likes this.