The Jets need a "sexy" offensive pick

Discussion in 'Draft' started by GangGreenNYJ, Feb 16, 2017.

1. GangGreenNYJ

GangGreenNYJ Member

I believe the jets offensive is very boring with very little star "sexy" talent. The closest thing we have to that would be Brandon Marshall whom is likely a goner soon anyway.

I believe Fournette or Cook or Mike Williams would be a great way to improve the team overall; by adding a young stud "sexy" offensive weapon to add some swagger to this team, which it's very much lacking

boozer32, Catfish Billy, HAYN and 4 others like this.
  2. GangGreenNYJ

GangGreenNYJ Member

Screenshot this comment. If fournette is on the board when the jets pick, he will be a jet without a doubt. Just a typical Mac move (BPA)

3. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Hopefully Mac is smarter than that. I don't have high hopes that he is but I do still have some hope for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Leicester Jet

Leicester Jet Well-Known Member

This just what we don't want! Why draft another player that misses a loit of games through injury and who does not produce against good teams?

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  5. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

There's no sexier pick than the qb of a national champion
    Just sayin

NoodleArm, boozer32, nicg4360 and 2 others like this.
  6. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I'd prefer Howard over Williams only because he adds the dimension of blocking in addition to being a good receiver which helps the OL.

b.reyes16, NYJetsO12 and FJF like this.
  7. ColoradoContrails

And yet all the wet dreams about adding Hooker whose injuries are possibly more serious and long lasting.:rolleyes:

8. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

draft history has shown that rebuilding teams make the most progress when picking either a stud QB or a stud defensive player. think of the bills with bruce smith, bucs with sapp, cowboys with aikman.......and more recently the raiders with mack, broncos with miller, etc etc.

it doesn't look like the QB is there this year but there are some pretty good D guys that can fit that game changer role.

BUT - the jets do need O as well and adding a select offensive threat is not a bad idea - the problem is that we don't have a QB. i don't think the running backs should entice the jets to pick them. RB is a plug in position that rookies can come in and do well almost immediately. thats not the case with receivers, TE's, even offensive lineman. at this point the jets should look at the other offensive positions and not RB.

i wouldn't mind williams or howard - and let them be in place and wait for the QB to arrive in town.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  9. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Yep

Heard he was a beast until LSU played Alabama, closest team to NFL level and Fournett gained 32 yards lol

Trade down ...build the Trenches please

boozer32 and Leicester Jet like this.
  10. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Cook will be the special O player we will not select.

WW85 likes this.
  11. ColoradoContrails

Aside from QB, the biggest impact the Jets could make on "O" would be adding a RB like Cook. He would take a lot of pressure off the QB and the OL. I like him more than Fournette for the Jets.

WW85 and LAJet like this.
  12. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Can't agree Fournette will be the BPA. I think the BPA will be a defensive player. IMO, Mac wouldn't want to spend a high draft pick on a RB.

I'd prefer to get a RB in a later round......like Brian Hill, Wyoming.....he's a special player.

#12 WW85, Feb 16, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
    b.reyes16 likes this.
  13. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

I have Cook rated higher than Fournette.

legler82 likes this.
  14. ColoradoContrails

Again, I think just going with BPA regardless of highest need is a mistake, but I agree that Macc will probably do that and draft yet another "D" guy. The offense - particularly skill positions - are a greater need than the "D" IMO.

That said, if the inevitable happens and Macc does draft a "D" player first, and we miss out on Cook - GRRRRRRR!!!! - there are lesser RBs that would probably help, though not nearly as much as Cook, in later rounds. I like Hunt from Toledo who I see as a "Poor Man's Cook".

15. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

WW85, are you not concerned about the number of carries that Hill already has coming into the NFL? He's already had 775 carries.

16. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Wyoming ran Hill to death in 2016 almost 350 carries which is insane for College Football. The two previous seasons he was used moderately.

I'm not too concerned for one season, it show he stayed pretty much healthy, but he wore down the last 2 games, he wasn't the same player as earlier in the year. The other concern, he played terrible against Nebraska, one of the best teams Wyoming faced, but again it was at the end of the year. I still think he's a very good player and will be available at the end of Rd 4 with our comp pick.

Hunt out of Toledo has had more carries than Hill and Cook is only about 100 behind too.

17. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

18. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

I love Cook, my favorite RB in this class. He's a great receiver, great hands, something that would be beneficial in our new WCO.

I agree, Mac will probably go in a different direction. Our needs on defense are pretty significant in the back 7/8 positions. Foster and Adams are my 2 favorites to be Jets at # 6. I would love Garrett and Allen but that isn't going to happen unless the Bears & Niners both draft QBs and Allen would fall to us. Which would make Jet fans crazy drafting another D-lineman, but he would be the BPA, just like Williams two years ago.

My above comments about Allen are looking at it from Mac's perspective. Whether I agree or disagree, I try to look at all our options, just not who "I" want for the pick. A lot of Jet fans were pissed when we drafted Williams, " square peg, round hole", "we have too many good defensive lineman, terrible pick"....How did that turn out???? You never turn down a player like Williams that falls in your lap, no matter what the circumstances.

I've always said...One day's strength on the team, could be a weakness in the near future with injuries and FA.

#18 WW85, Feb 17, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
    b.reyes16, FJF and legler82 like this.
  19. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

they cant pick allen because they dont have the ability to move sheldon or mo wilkerson.

20. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

They can trade Richardson`, but they won't get much, cause he's a cancer and doesn't learn from his off field ways, plus he played terrible in 2016.

I hate to disagree with your post, but I don't think you understood my point about Mac's view on BPA from his past actions. They can and might draft Allen if he's the BPA.

I wish there was a CB or OT rated high enough to draft at #6, it wasn't a good year to mirror our immediate needs with our #6 pick. Trading down 4 to 6 picks would be ideal, but that is very difficult to accomplish. Finding 2 teams to agree on terms and finding a team to move up and give up multiple picks is very tough.

#20 WW85, Feb 17, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2017