2019-2020 New York Islanders thread

Discussion in 'Ice Hockey Forum' started by CBG, Jan 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I have seen him since he was behind the bench with the Bridgeport Sound Tigers, believe me, he was a and still is a bad coach.

None of the young players have developed under his tutelage, Tavares is the exception because he is so talented that he does not need a coach to develope him.

CBG likes this.
  2. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I do not want Snow hiring the coach,,,,I want him nowhere near involved! Fire his ass also

3. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Rumor has it Snow has a say or possibly hires the coach------> please say this is not so I don't want this guy making panic moves to the roster, making any trades, conducting any drafts and I certainly would prefer the new GM or whoever is in control to hire the coach , I mean what are the Islanders doing ? Maybe they looked at the Jet playbook on how to hire101

4. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

One down, one to go.

rohirrim665 likes this.
  5. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

I thought Cizikas looked great last year. I've watched at least a dozen games this year but that's not enough to assess what kind of season he is having, has he really underperformed that much?

6. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Im listening to Espn radio,,Rick D brings up so many good points , he knows exactly how most Islander fans feel , he is right on the pulse of this team . In a nutshell says this team" should be better than it is , that Cappy could not develop the young talent, that the constant shuffling of lines was mind boggling , that Cappy held the young guys accountable but gave vets a free pass, Paraphrasing here ----> its a sin that JT has Josh Bailey as a wingman, playing guys out of position --->see Strome, that we should have lost to a better Panther team last year in the playoffs but Greiss stood on his head ,and he said that Cappy was probably told before the Bruin game that he was getting fired but because Cappy is from that area they probably let him coach that one last game " ,,,he also said the team blew it when they had the chance to bring in Torts to coach this team and young guys , I AGREE .
    I am scared that Snow is still involved,,,very scared hopefully they make a major announcement and have him step aside or down very soon

7. Red Menace

It's not a matter of underperforming, it's the amount of money, time, and importance they are giving to 4th line players. Czikas will always be a 4th line player, you can find those guys anywhere in the farm team.

JC should have been playing a run and gun type of style with all of the young players he has on this team, Strome, Anders Lee, Brock, Peleck, Prince, Belueve, let these young legs skate.

He had them playing a defensive style of hockey and they never put pressure on the opposing defense because they are spent after chasing the opponents around in their defensive zone.

Hopefully Doug can instill the fun back in the game and let's these kids skate.

#807 Red Menace, Jan 18, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2017
    rohirrim665 and JetBlue like this.
  8. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

good win for the good guys tonight # 91 is a beast

9. Red Menace

Yeah, it's going to take a couple of games to see what Doug is trying to implement. I have no hope for this year.

They are looking at Gallant the former Panthers coach.

10. JetBlue

Only five points out of the WC. Hopefully the break doesn't hinder the momentum.

11. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

If they finish the year strong(playoffs or not) I just hope L&M don't get fooled by this and bring Garth back. Snow still needs to get canned and a real GM needs to takeover. Weight has them playing much better but they are nowhere near being a Stanley Cup contender and Garth will never get them there.

Red Menace likes this.
  12. Red Menace

It's amazing how simple adjustments can make a world of difference. Strome playing center again, Chamera back on the left wing.

Centers helping out closer to the net on the defensive end.

It aggravates me to know that they had a chance to fix this earlier in the season but Snow acted too late.

JetBlue likes this.
  13. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

This is right here should get Garth canned after the season.

Red Menace likes this.
  14. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

If they play well they can make the playoffs but it won't matter because this team is not getting past the 2nd round with this team as it is assembled right now. Would I be happy with a playoff birth ? Not really because for me its not about getting into the playoffs its about winning the whole thing------> hopefully they stay on a nice little wining streak after the break and they can swing a few trades but then again Snow is still here and would make those moves, maybe they can fire him over the break

#814 CBG, Jan 27, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2017
    Red Menace likes this.
  15. JetBlue

Great win and reason to believe we can continue our strong play in the second half.

16. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I was at last nites game, it was not pretty but we will take the win,,,,Greiss is playing great but they need to find some scoring,,,somewhere

#816 CBG, Feb 1, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2017
    Red Menace likes this.
  17. Red Menace

What about the news that Barclays is ending their relationship with the Islanders? How are the fans dealing with it?

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  18. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Menace,,,,for me the commute is the same either way its far. That said I think MOST fans did not want them in Brooklyn to begin with. Also now that the team has been playing there just about ALL FANS at least this one hates the setup for the Barclays the arena although fairly new is not built for hockey , its horrible the way the seats are situated relative to the ice .Again very good game and win but they just cant score goals in bunches with this group, the power play is ehhhhhhh at best and the goalie must stand on his head or keep it close for them to have a chance to win .

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  19. Red Menace

Honestly, I don't expect them to blowout the top teams, teams are also playing them a little tougher as they no longer see them as an easy game on the schedule. I'm glad that they are on the other side of the close games though, previously they would have lost a game like this.

Your right though, they still need a second elite player.

20. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Big game tonight. If they can beat the Leafs the Isles will officially be in the WC 2 spot. Considering they were last in the EC not that long ago its a nice run they are on. Should have fired Caps sooner. Playoffs or not Snow still needs to get the boot after the season.

JetBlue and Red Menace like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.