Deshaun Watson

Discussion in 'Draft' started by playtowinthegame, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Yes it can be done, the following are 3 of the first round selections by the Dallas Cowboys in the past six years.

While the jets were selections Pryor, Richardson, Dee Millner, in the past drafts, the cowboys went with the boring non splashy selection.

3 out of the six drafts they went OL in the first round.

Dallas draft/ 2014 Zack Martin/ OL
    Dallas draft/2013 Travis frederick/OL
    Dallas draft/2011 Tyron Smith/OL

The jets need to do the same starting this year if their is an OL that is worthy of the 6th pick after the pre draft preparations are completed.

FazeOne17 likes this.
  2. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Dallas nabbed Zack Martin right before our pick, and we ended up with that bum Pryor.
    I was so upset....was hoping Jerrah would take Manziel, leaving Martin for us.......but clueless Idzik probably would've passed anyway..

3. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Cam would be a reach at 6. The Cowboys didn't just grab three OL at random, they pounced on pro bowl talent when OL was BPA.

4. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Do I think the jets need to build up the OL? Absolutely. However, Everyone just thinks if we draft 3 offensive lineman we will have what Dallas has. They hit some serious homeruns with those picks. We don't need to reach for OL if there are better options available at 6. It isn't as easy as a snap of the fingers is my point.

hwismer, ajax, TonyFtLaud and 8 others like this.
  5. fansince90

fansince90 Well-Known Member

You took the words out of my mouth.

CONN-JET.2.0.3. and NCJetsfan like this.
  6. fansince90

Nobody moves in the pocket like Rogers. ..most qb's including Watson feel the pressure then takes off. But we have to take a risk at finding a franchise qb...who knew Dak would turn out how he did. We as fans have to support the risk and not hate it if it doesn't go well. Unlike Hack who was a wasted pick.

westiedog1 likes this.
  7. fansince90

Does Trubisky even come close to Watson ? The video i saw was unimpressive.

8. fansince90

If Cleveland takes him would u want RG3? I wouldnt...he was limping in their last game.

9. fansince90

No qb no line no point.

10. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I'm not suggesting they select the 100th rated OL with the number 6 pick, I agree with you that it would be a terrible approach.

However, every mock draft has Cam going in the top ten, he is the top rated LT in the draft, if he falls to the Jets, in my opinion they should select him.

That status might change after the combines and interviews. However, If he does well, then that's the type of pick the jets need, the jets are telling the fans they want to build through the draft, trust the process, if that's the case, they need to draft a player that's going to come in and give them immediate stability and production.

#110 Red Menace, Jan 11, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
    FazeOne17 likes this.
  11. FazeOne17

FazeOne17 Active Member

Bingo. I never said we had to select OL at every pick in this years draft. We are gonna have a few high draft picks over the next few years.

Watson has a lot of the same intangibles as RG3

6'2, 215 and will run straight into injuries

He might not be made outta paper, but that shit doesn't fly in NFL unless youre a freak like Cam or Winston who are also 6'4 and 240+

While he might come from a more Pro system in Clemson, they have had a ton of talent on both sides of the ball the last 4 years.

Freddy Mondo and Red Menace like this.
  12. FazeOne17

FazeOne17 Active Member

Its not really the "Dallas Blueprint", as we took Brick at 4 and Mangold at 29 in 2006, and that solidified our O-line for the next 9 years

Red Menace and James Hasty like this.
  13. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

This is not the right year to draft OL high as many scouts have said that this class of olinemen is not strong. I think we will need to go through free agency to fill both tackle positions as Giacomini and Clady will not be on this team. The only thing I would consider is Brandon Shell's emergence as RT will allow for Mac to bring in depth and competition to make sure Shell is up for it. If he is then you start Shell then you can worry on getting a left tackle, and maybe draft a linemen in a later round.

Also, does anyone know if there will be any left tackles available through free agency? I wonder if any team would be willing to move on from a left tackle so Jets could use Sheldon Richardson as trade bait

14. James Hasty

I think their are interior linemen and maybe even a RT to be found later in this draft. LT is just going to have to wait for another year unless we can steal a good one in free agency (or via trade).

15. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

at pick 6 the only O line position to consider is LT. that's it. No other line position should be considered. it's really not difficult.
    the interior positions really don't start coming off the board until the late teens.
    for us its likely going to be defense again, unless.....LOL.

16. James Hasty

Cam might make an excellent RT or OG but I don't get excited at the thought of him playing LT in the pros.

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  17. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

Admittedly, I only saw him play one game and that was the bowl game loss against Stanford. I was not impressed with what I saw either, although I heard he played better in the 2nd half which I didn't see. On some of the draft sites I frequent, they said Cleveland was very interested in him because he is from Ohio and was rated higher than Watson, but that was before the championship game. He also has another year of eligibility left and hasn't declared for the draft.

18. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

Alabama coach Nick Saban called Deshaun Watson "the best player in college football since Cam Newton." - Link

BacktoQueens likes this.
  19. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

The kiss of death. Pretty much confirms he won't be drafted by the Jets.

20. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

Saban said that last summer. He knew.

westiedog1 likes this.