"Paging Woody Johnson.. Green Phone on the left..."

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Oct 18, 2016.

1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Once again, its time for Woody to make his presence felt. Its time for Woody to drop the kind owner facade and get mad. I mean cussin mad at this team AND its leadership. These overpriced players are literally stealing their money. The CS looks absolutely lost and afraid to admit they made a mistake in their personnel decision making. The FO must be running for cover when you look at the cash being flushed down the toilet bowl.

I haven't seen this much ineptitude since the Kotite years. Yeah, I'm positive about the future but I'm pissed off about the present. For Bowles to come out and say Fitz is still the starter is ignoring all the facts that seem to be clear to everyone else in the NFL universe. I dunno if its being stubborn (been there, done that) or Fitz really is his guy to the point that he'll go under along with Marshall on the Fitzpatrick. I guess we should be happy Ryan's last name isn't Fitzgerald which would be more historically accurate.

I was a Bowles guy but man, I'm done with guys learning on the job here. I'm also done with defense minded HC's and drafting BPA position be damned. You go to the store for eggs? Buy some F'n eggs!!!

This team perhaps was overrated based on last season's record. We are certainly not coming close to that record this season. Now KC made a quantum leap from their crash season to the playoffs. They didn't hire a first time HC either but instead, one with a resume that said: been there, done it, good at it.

Woody has to stop being the smartest guy in the room. Woody has to stop hiring HC's that impress him in the interview but suck on the sidelines. Woody has to expect MORE from both his team and his Leadership. If Woody can't do any of the above, then sell the f'n team and give the fanbase hope.

/end rant

NoodleArm, tomdeb, NYJetsO12 and 9 others like this.
  2. cmcm750203

cmcm750203 Well-Known Member

Bowles may remind you of Kotite but unfortunately there is no Parcells out there to save us this time.

Cman68 likes this.
  3. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

Woody was born on third and thinks he hit a triple. He is incompetent in all facets of his life.

He couldn't find his asshole without 2 personal assistants, 3 MBA's and a board of directors to show him where it is.

#3 Donttasemebro, Oct 18, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2016
  4. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

C man the problem is Woody is clueless and many thought he did the right thing bringing Casserly and company in to help him,,,problem is those guys were not much of a help and this is a train wreck ! I have been saying for weeks that what we are watching regarding the team and coach is Kotite esque ,,,,,,that is saying a lot as we both know how bad those coaches and teams were

NYJetsO12 and Cman68 like this.
  5. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Should have not fired Rex

6. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

The only fault Johnson has is believing rookies can succeed at HC and GM..time to pay the big bucks for the people who have proven they can win. He hired Casserly and Wolfe to find him a GM when he should have been hiring Casserly or Wolfe to run the team.

7. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Woody should give refunds to season ticket holders and take responsibility for this piss poor product.

NoodleArm, NYJetsO12 and rohirrim665 like this.
  8. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Too far, Rex wasn't going to change. I loved his comedy, but hated his coaching and stubbornness with going with his guy. Todd is Rex 2.0 minus the volume.

Linebacker712 and Cman68 like this.
  9. Cman68

Absolutely QB blind. Just like Rex used to be.

TNJet likes this.
  10. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

the problem with this team the last decade is woody meddling. he needs to stop trying to be jerry jones and do something smart. like hire a president of football operations and give that person full control of the team and its direction. a football guy. not woody, who is emotional and just bends and the current temperature of the fans.

thats the call woody needs to make. to like charlie casserly or someone.

someone who is discipline enough to stick through a long rebuild process. we are in this mess because woody cut a rebuild short, fired everyone, and brough in a regime to try and win now with a team that had no coach/qb and average talent. that was never going to work to get us to the top of the mountain and it was always going to be short lived.

Look i dont disagree with your anger or even with firing bowles if it happens. but that shouldnt come from woody. it should come from mac, or if woody were smart, he would hire someone to run this franchise and remove himself from the equation,

NYJetsO12 and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  11. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

This is not about Rex, it's about a first time GM and CS that thought Ryan Fitpatrick was the answer.

They probably watch the game film and see how many open receivers this guys is missing during the game. He missed a wide open Robbie Andersen because he can't throw the ball deep.

He constantly throws to Marshall because he is the only receiver who can bail Fitzpatrick out of terrible passes.

TB finally took charge of the defensive play calling and it actually made a difference for a little while. With the exception of playing Richardson as a LB.

Woody is terrible because he lives in the past just as most jet fans do, always clamoring for washed up former players who do nothing but put the team in tough financial situation with their high price tags.

I would keep Mac, at the end of the day, I think there is enough talent on this team to play at a higher level than we have seen this year.

If Bowles does not give Petty any time under center this year then he should be fired, you cannot continue down the road they have been going and not make any changes.

NYJetsO12 and NCJetsfan like this.
  12. Cman68

This may be a first time kodak moment! We agree on just about everything. In a normal org chart, it would be Mac's call to let Bowles go but you have to think Mac would be required to run that decision by Woody first. Is that a good thing? Not in my opinion. If TB is QB blind, Woody is FO blind and has been since the day he purchased this team.

13. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Rex won, this bum only loses..including to Rex when the playoffs were on the line. As Larry Holmes would say Bowels couldn't carry Rex's jock strap.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  14. Cman68

Can we stop beating the Rex horse now?? Rex isn't here and ain't coming back so accept that and lets move on..

TNJet likes this.
  15. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Rex is 58-60 counting the post season. Rex gets more play from those first two seasons than Jeff Fisher's SB run. We haven't had a good HC since Parcells left.

NYJetsO12, Red Menace and Cman68 like this.
  16. Cman68

Amazingly, we haven't had an experienced FO/CS since Parcells either. I get the distinct impression neither Parcells NOR Belichek wanted to work for Woody Johnson no matter how much money Woody put on the table.

Parcells changed the perception of this franchise. Woody promptly changed it back... Sad really.

TNJet likes this.
  17. Cman68

Didn't Casserly and Wolf have an agenda pushing Mac and Bowles? Hiring Mac made sense at the time but not letting Mac hire his HC was just boneheaded. This org chart has been f'd up for so long that all the cache that Parcells brought to this team is now wasted. Casserly didn't do this team any favors and I'm still not sure what Wolf's role was in this. Rubber stamp perhaps? Unless either guy was gonna come in and run the organization, they really had no other role other than a advisory one.

Another question is.. Does Woody really want to hand the entire operation over to somebody else and just take a backseat? I believe Paul Glat is the team Pres but doesn't really get involved in the operation of the team but simply is a bean counter with a title.

My God this Organization is so f'd up that its gonna be really difficult to get a quaility, well known successful HC to come in and run this. Any HC with a legacy to protect probably wouldn't even interview with Woody. Can't say I blame them either but sadly, that's exactly what we need.

#17 Cman68, Oct 18, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2016
  18. greaser

greaser Well-Known Member

On the money.

We can blame our shit QB, coaches, and front office but at the end of the day, Woody is responsible.

19. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Woody is the dumbass. He's the reason they caved and gave Fitzpatrick 12 million. Isn't that obvious? Anyone who knew anything about football could see Ryan Fitzpatrick was not worth $12 million. The football minds in this organization were prepared for a change, spending all offseason in the stare down. But Woody Johnson gets a boner from a 10-6 season and mandates Fitzpatrick's return at the last minute.

I'm not saying Bowles isn't shitting the bed either but you tell the guy he has to play a shitty journeyman QB and then bitch when the team loses because of a shitty journeyman QB. It's almost laughable the report from Schefter that Johnson is "upset." Dumbass its your fault

Donttasemebro likes this.
  20. VegasMav

VegasMav Well-Known Member

It's true that Woody doesn't know football. He needs to sell the team because the fanbase of NEW YORK deserve better. But we all know it ain't going to happen. We are all in denial at the fact that the Jets are just a bad organization and the only reason why we're talked about is because we're NEW YORK. If we were in Kentucky, this organization would be preparing to be sold and moved to another city.

We as a fanbase have been through this shit year in and year out. We've had great players but never great teams. Never getting it right seems to be the mantra of the NY Jets. Parcells couldn't even bring us a SB. Rex had us on the doorstep two years in a row. It's a puzzle that is always missing a piece.

We have to stop denying the fact that the NEW YORK JETS are good organization. They aren't. Yes they have won a SB and many teams haven't yet, but that's almost 50 years ago. It's time to either stick with the team our fathers raised us with or move the allegiance to a better organization. Being a fan is not easy but there comes a time when we finally have to recognize it's time.

Donttasemebro, dogg and Cman68 like this.