Wilkerson

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LongIslandBlitz, Oct 9, 2016.

1. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Revis is done which is why he fired his agents, as soon as we dump him he will ride off into the sunset.

Red Menace and NYJetsO12 like this.
  2. greaser

greaser Well-Known Member

I watched the game my friend. He was doubled almost everything snap.

3. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Thats not true at all...Ive seen QBs have all day to throw and the d line just unable to shed blocks.They are a bunch of pussys

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  4. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Great observation, that's why I expressed the opinion on some previous posts that the Jets should go back to the 3-4 and start using the LBs to bring pressure, they have the speed at LB now but are not using it.

This CS is seriously screwing the pooch man.

greaser and NYJetsO12 like this.
  5. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

You can't compare Revis at 31 to Mo who should be in the prime of his career either.

6. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Peebag and Jetsfansince95 like this.
  7. DaBallhawk

DaBallhawk Well-Known Member

That's just silly but whatever floats your boat I guess.

#47 DaBallhawk, Oct 12, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2016
  8. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

The Jets have 4 top D-linemen up front. However, each one is around 300 lbs. You can't expect guys that size to have the speed and agility to consistently get around good O-linemen. These guys have been very good at stopping the run which is what should be expected. They get a decent push on pass plays but I don't see that speed and agility that the great PR's have to get to the QB in a hurry. Yes, these guys will pick up sacks, but the coverage has to be there for that to happen. Wilkerson is the best of the front four right now, so you have to expect offenses to game plan for him.

9. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

Its amazing to think that with so many defensive players drafted over the years we still have yet to hit on a top end speed rushing OLB until he arrives we will stay crappy in the passing game ... maybe just maybe we get a hit with Jenkins

westiedog1 likes this.
  10. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

Agree, but good speed rushers are as rare as top QB's and we haven't hit on one of those either.

I don't think too many people on this blog miss Rex, but after observing the Jets pass defense these past five games, I feel that Rex's disguised blitzes were more effective against the pass than the strategy TB is currently using.

11. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Maudlin has taken a big step back this year and I think this has affected who Bowles is putting in. Jenkins has been solid.

12. Red Menace

How can a guy regress when he is rarely used? I don't think this CS is any good, Mauldin needs to get reps to improve, you can't expect practice to make you better than real life games.

Lee is too small to rush the QB, Jenkins is not athletic enough, I saw jenkins on some blitzes last week and he just cant dip the shoulder like Mauldin can.

TB is quick to take away playing time from everyone except that bum behind center.

I'm usually pretty patient with HC but I'm souring pretty fast on TB.

socaljetfan and CBG like this.
  13. 101GangGreen101

He's the same player as last year, no real improvements [no added pass rush moves], and he's still noneffective on passing downs. You have to improve from yr 1 to yr 2 otherwise it's essentially a regression. He has to get better and show the CS. I do agree, he needs the reps, and I hope he gets out of the doghouse soon.

Jenkins was suppose to be a our edge setter, which is what Richardson is doing now at OLB. Lee is a decent blitzer, he's good but he's a rookie and very raw. He will need time.

14. Red Menace

His job is to be the Outside LB, bring pressure from the edge and force the QB up into the waiting hands of either another LB or DL, he was actually doing what his job required of him.

If QB decides to move out of the pocket, Mauldin is there to finish it off.

He is not going to learn anything else unless he gets into games and experiments during the games.

I bet I know where this doghouse nonsense started, if I'm not mistaken, it was the Buffalo game where he lost containment on Taylor and Taylor hit Salas for a TD on the deep bomb that the safety never gave help on.

Mauldin should be allowed to keep doing what he has been doing and slowly add to the repertoire, he is not going to be Von Miller.

Sixpatrick can throw 6int and stay in the game, but Mauldin who is a 2nd year player can't keep on learning on the job?

TB can go do his best impression of Bill Parcells at McDonalds. Screw this HC.

He is disciplining the wrong guys.

15. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

money is in the bank

16. 101GangGreen101

Can't say I disagree with your assessment one bit. I think he's in the doghouse ALSO because he's not doing his job in terms of run support, but it could go back to the BUF game because he lost containment, I would say a combination of the 2 cause Bowles brought that up in a presser. He needs to improve on all facets of the game, but how do you do that when you don't see the field?

Instead of putting these guys in the best situation, it appears Bowles is lessing the reps. It's happening with Pryor also. I agree, there seems to be a lack of accountability which is something I never thought I would say with this regime.

Red Menace likes this.
  17. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

Younger guys mess up and they get the doghouse our multi million dollar guys screw up over and over and over and over and over

18. 101GangGreen101

Coaches seem to be very protective of this. Rex did it with Bart Scott in the twilight of his career. The idea of sitting a 12M dollar QB sounds so crazy for some odd reason. I don't care, I would sit that player down if he were to underperform.

Young players need the reps, if they are making plays then I am keeping them in and mistakes happen, but so far LM showed no evidence of actually ruining a game in comparison to Fitz. It's a young man's game and I don't think the Jets fully understand that. Maybe I am missing something.

19. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

You are completely right. This team has zero pressure on the edges and every team we face knows it. Roll the QB out or keep a RB, TE back as an extra blocker and our interior pass rush is negated. Why Maudlin is not seeing more time is puzzling.

20. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

resurrecting this thread because although early in the season, I have already started to think about possible cuts for the 2018 season and the cap space that it would create. According to overthecap.com, If Mo is cut post June 1st, We create 17 million in cap space and have 3 million in dead money. If prior to June 1st, its a 9 mil in dead money and 11 mil in cap savings.

With 17 mil possibly being created, Wilkerson is going to need to have a bounce back year.

ajax, nycarl and Jets69 like this.