Wilkerson

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LongIslandBlitz, Oct 9, 2016.

1. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

So after getting 54$ mill guarnteed over three years Wilkerson has been invisible .Aside from The Bengals game where he had 1.5 sacks he has been a non factor as a pass rusher.This contract is gonna come back to haunt us the next few years .Ive always felt he was overrated and an average D Line men and so far the stats prove that.He has always been inconsistent as a pass rusher and thats what we need the most right now.Even Big Cat hasnt shown much since week 1....With this much talent on the d line we should be leading the league in sacks.Instead we lead the league in being a joke.

TNJet, NYJetsO12 and Boomboom like this.
  2. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

I don't know. The whole defense has been a phantom for the most part. It seems like schematically nobody knows wtf is going on.

Cman68 and Jake like this.
  3. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Yea, I've been surprised at people directing hatred towards some of the only guys on the team who are worth a damn, but Wilkerson probably deserves the flack. Guy looks like he took our money and ran.

tomdeb and JetLifeLo like this.
  4. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

How much of your money did he take? Have you called the cops??

Royal Tee, FJF, nyjetsmets89 and 3 others like this.
  5. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Its the Revis disease plain and simple

tomdeb, TNJet and 101GangGreen101 like this.
  6. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Revis needs to go next year and I would trade Wilkerson.

TNJet and NYJetsO12 like this.
  7. jetfannerd

jetfannerd Trolls

Wilkerson is coming off a major injury and it will probably take him a full year to get back to where he was.

I also think having zero pass rush threat on the edge is hurting the DL

8. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Breaking news: sports fan refers to team in first person. My mistake, never happens on here.

And I buy tickets and merchandise that goes to Woody's pocket and he spends back into the team. So there.

9. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

When you realize your team sucks and your coach sucks and you just got paid

Why would you try hard? Fuck that

Let the rookies try hard- not me

10. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

Not a lot of point of having a Canton level D-line when opposing QB's can sporadically throw 75-yard bombs to score and take the lead. We've invested money in precisely the wrong positions (D-line) or players on the decline (Fitz, Revis). The only surprise is that it usually takes 3 years to bite us on the ass, not 2.

Watching Sheldon line up as OLB is a testament to his versatility and also a damning indictment of where we have gone wrong.

greaser and NYJetsO12 like this.
  11. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

I mentioned in the game thread yesterday that he was stealing money at this point....hopefully its the injury ad he'll get back to where he was

12. dr.velociraptor

dr.velociraptor Tired of BS

This defense has been a bigger disappointment than anything else this Jets season. People can say Fitz has stunk, and he has for the most part but that's what he is. This defense was touted as a monster, with our d-line, Revis, Skrine, Prior in the secondary, more speed in the LB corps we were supposed to be a top 5 defense, maybe the best in the league.

22nd in total defense,
    31st in passing
    22nd PPG
    32nd dead last -10 in give/take
    Tied for 21st with 9 sacks

It's miserable, absolutely miserable. We already know Fitz can't win if the Defense can't hold the other team below 20 points, and right now this defense is terrible. The only thing we do well is stop the run, we don't get to the QB at all.

With the talent we have on this defense I have to think it's just really poorly coached at this point.

Jets69, LV Coach, JetLifeLo and 2 others like this.
  13. DaBallhawk

DaBallhawk Well-Known Member

In order to get sacks you have to cover people first. Our linebackers have been absolute dogshit so far, they have been for years. And the shitty scheme Rodgers/Bowles use doesn't help either. Bell had 10 (?) catches, that's 10 times our linebackers failed to cover him and 10 times that would have given us an opportunity to sack Big Ben or at the very least pressure him into making erratic throws.

And please stop with this 54 mil. guaranteed angle like he's underachieving or not worth the money. It's no coincidence that after week 1 our D-Line looked HOF worthy (every single one of them) and since then they have been invisible. It's not because Mo gets paid whatever or Leonard was drafted too high or any of that shit. It's because we can't cover shit.

14. GreenWhiteandGold

GreenWhiteandGold Well-Known Member

Surely if the d line was able to get pressure on the qb then the probability of him throwing 72 yrd bombs would be greatly reduced? To me after yesterday's game Sheldon looked like a man ready to throw in the towel, complete frustration and trying to ensure he didn't say anything that would get him in more trouble. We may be at the point where players are about to quit on their coach

15. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

He can't call the cops. The money was intended for PEDs.

16. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

As a guy that seriously stood up for Mo, he has been a DISAPPOINTMENT. No pressures, no nothing last game. Really disappointed, if he continues to play this way, its a good thing the contract was nothing more then a band-aid.

17. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

surprised the "trade wilk for romo" folk havent came out yet

18. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Jerry Jones would never do it.

19. jetsclaps

jetsclaps Well-Known Member

Wilkerson is still a beast, especially in the run game. And one bad game won't change that. He's just not an outside rusher and he lines up as a 43 end a lot. If you're a tackle you don't have to worry about him rushing around you so it makes it 100% easier to block him. It just sucks when you don't have any players that can rush from the outside what do you do?

hastygreen likes this.
  20. hastygreen

hastygreen Well-Known Member

I honestly believe the Jets chemistry along the d line is all wrong. We have talented guy to be sure but they just don't work well together for some reason. When Richardson was out they worked better together as a unit. The moment Richardson came back it seems like it was thrown off.

I'm thinking maybe they need to start a rotation without Richardson Wilk and Cat. Overall they might lose a few snaps a game to be given to Lawrence Thomas. I really feel like Wilk and Richardson are Rex type run stuffers that don't really jibe as much on the field as they do on paper.

jetsclaps likes this.