17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

There were SO many posters on this thread that were helpful or who posted great info and stories ! Do you remember when we were all waiting for our call from the reps to see what if anything would still be available in the NEW stadium ? Seems like a lifetime ago,,,,I never thought they would even get to me because there were so many people who had tix since Shea and I thought no way would I have " what I thought was a great opportunity " to get tickets in MetLife ! Here's one I am forever thankful for----> had the Jets ticket office or powers that be put a $1000 PSL on those horrendous upper seats that first year I would have purchased it and been out 4 grand now ! I'm not sure how that would have changed the complexion of things , I might have gone to games another year but no doubt in my mind I would have still walked away but others might not have ?
    Alleycat I am somewhat shocked that you did not add SG3 to the list of contributors and guys you miss, lord knows I miss him but he must be lurking somewhere on this site under another name , no ? It was great reading his posts about how great the stadium and Psl s were. ,,,,,,ahhhhh the old days .

2. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i completely forgot about him and so many others. even junc was involved in this thread. i had forgotten how many posts champ put in this thread. he was the first guy i ever ignored and it was in part because of this thread. i went back and read some posts yesterday and it was cool to read some of the emotion and anticipation that everyone had.

CBG likes this.
  3. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

The Giants burned through the 150,000 person waiting list without selling all their PSLs. They had to put on the hard sell to unload everything outside the list. People with Jets uppers dodged a bullet on that one, but everyone else got burned

4. GordonGecko

Looks like they're not doing too well on selling these, the ticket price is down to 9 bucks for all the games except vs Colts:
    https://www.primesport.com/d/newyorkjets (scroll bottom)

what am I missing here?? open bar beer and wine plus food for 9 bucks, I don't get it

5. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Could it be pricing error in their system? Once there was a pricing error on Delta Airlines and 2 years ago I was able to fly to Istanbul Business Class for $900 including taxes and fees. After I purchased the ticket, the price went up to $2200 in a day.

As of today, the total including shipping and fees comes to $30.62 for me. Still for 2 hours, I won't go to this one. I wake up 6 AM every day anyway. I prefer the Ultimate Tailgate. But I will try this one if I don't like the Ultimate. Will keep you posted.

6. Brook!

GG

Not sure what happened but Ultimitae party now says only 3.5 hours. If this is the case, I will go with this Prime. I will be there at the Bengals game. Let me know if you decide to come.

7. GordonGecko

I won't be at the Bengals game but if you go to the hospitality event please take some pictures and let us know what the deal is

I'm all set for tomorrow's preseason game, nothing like $10 lowers and $20 green parking :)

8. GordonGecko

Brook did you get any hospitality tix for the Bengals game at $9? They just jacked up the prices to $45 for that game

9. Brook!

Ugh

No I didn't. I even told you about the price glitch that happened at Delta. Stupid me. I was busy at the time and forgot to get to it.

10. GordonGecko

All the games are now $45. But that's after I picked up 1K worth of $9 passes and the order was confirmed LOL. I think you're right it was a definite glitch

I'll probably be unloading most of these on craigslist

11. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I was going to thank Woody for not charging a psl in the uppers but he only did it because he knew he would not sell out... as it is we don't sell out in the uppers except when we play a popular opponent. I to would have paid 1k if they asked but I would not have accepted the crappy seats they gave me. I was a sucker and thought the uppers would be tough to get because it was a non-psl zone and figured anyone with half a brain would realize that Jets PSL's were a bad investment. CBG and others made it quiet clear before our first met life game. I don't feel bad for anyone that bought PSL's, no way. After 4 years I have the seats I feel I earned from day one. 37th year as a STH and still not one home championship game which to me is the best game a STH can attend. SOB!!!!

I still love attending games and I know if i did not have season's I would not go to all the games because there is always an excuse and I am 56 years old and every year the amount of time and energy I put into game day seems harder and harder on the body and brain. As we know game day starts Saturday when we shop and prepare the meal and load the vehicle. STill love it but can I get some reward for my efforts please.

Going for back surgery end of month so will miss the first home game and maybe another. Sucks but at least I can sell my ticket. As far as pre-season, it pisses me off its the same price as a regular season game. The Jints game is the only game worth anything and that's every other year. I look at my total season cost as 8 tics divided by total price. BS!!!!!!

alleycat9 and CBG like this.
  12. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

13. GordonGecko

PSLs are definitely transferable, despite what that fraud hack Simmons wrote. The bottom line is that PSLs are only valuable if they entitle you to tickets at a price below market value, which is where the Jets massively failed. Football is only 10 games a year so these days building a new Stadium is not usually feasible without PSLs. Giants PSL owners seem to be doing alright.

The moral of the story is know your market

14. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Sec314 good luck with the surgery I hope it goes well

15. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

To those who tailgate, what grill do you guys recommend? My buddies and I are in the market for a portable propane grill. We used a charcoal all last season and wound up leaving it in the lot after the Pats game because it was pretty beat up from a seasons worth of use. From researching it looks like Coleman is the move.

16. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

macbk likes this.
  17. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

18. GordonGecko

So get this, PrimeSports is the company running the pregame hospitality party at Metlife Stadium. They were supposed to offer open bar but they were told just by the state of New Jersey that it's illegal to do that! They called me to offer a refund or 50% off lol. I took the 50% off

So instead of dropping $1000 on party passes I only spent $500 which works out to an all you can eat buffet with non-alcoholic drinks for $4.50 while everyone 2 feet away on the concourse is paying $5 for one soda lol

19. Brook!

If you ask me, this is a much better deal for you. I hope you can dump those tickets for as much profit as you can. Good luck GG.

20. GordonGecko

Not sure which games I'll be using yet, but I have people that want them. I'll try to flip the rest at like $30 each, but I'm thinking games like New Years eve could go for much more