I purchased a PlayStation 4. Any advice?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by The Dark Knight, Dec 7, 2014.

1. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

Depends on your tastes. What do you like and people will throw out suggestions.

Burnz likes this.
  2. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

This and...

Madden, 2k16, Fallout 4, Witcher3, Rocket League(!), Just Cause 3, and really next gen really kicks off this year(2016). Both companies are discontinuing their older models. The game library is small now but this year will change that

3. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

I am ok with shooters, but it has to be unique in some way. I don't really care for RPG stuff usually.

Sports games are great, and I like things not overly complicated, but with good stories, good replay value, and can be played for 20 minutes without having to dedicate a full hour such as a game of Madden.

Also, I'm looking for games the woman could enjoy too, so she doesn't get too pissy when I want to turn it on.

4. NYJalltheway

I forgot to get the Witcher 3 when I went to the store yesterday. My head was spinning from a new console, and tv. I've never played the others, but I'm assuming that won't play a large factor?

Fallout I've never dug into. What makes it so great? I've heard so many good things. Will I be lost just jumping into the 4th one?

Thanks guys.

Poeman likes this.
  5. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

Nah other consoles won't matter you'll find your love for yours.

Fallout 4 is a open world RPG-shooter with a HUGE world. It has hours and hours of gameplay beyond just the story line and there is just so much to do. Not a pick up and play but once you read about your problem everything becomes easier I've restarted my game so many times already because the talent tree allows you to have multiple styles of play..stealth...sniper...melee...etc

6. deerow84

I haven't played Fallout 4 but it's an obvious choice if you like shooters. I also like the Borderlands series, if you haven't played them before you can get the remake with two games for a good price. Depending on your interest in online games I like Destiny The Taken King. It's an online shooter with lots of RPG elements and definitely stuff you can play for 20 minutes or hours depending on what you want to do. Keep in mind you will need Playstation Plus to play it.

7. NYJalltheway

I do have PS Plus. I have dabbled with it for about 10 minutes. It seems confusing.

8. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Got the SW PS4 bundle but can't stop playing NHL 16. Great game.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  9. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Amazing, so is NBA 2k16

10. mute

mute Well-Known Member

Poeman likes this.
  11. NYJalltheway

I know this is old news, but any Last of Us fans here? I didn't play it until a few months ago, and I'm currently finishing up my 2nd play thru. I just can't get over how in it's own world that game is.

In addition to that, I'm going to start the Uncharted series after this. Any advice? How does it compare to TLOU?

12. mute

mute Well-Known Member

Apparently its a great franchise. The new one scored a perfect score and could be this years goty.

Sent from my BLU LIFE ONE X using Tapatalk

13. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

yeah everyone is playing it apparently. i never played that franchise.

I'll tell you what though, I gave up shooters after Call of Duty Black Ops because it was so horrible.

Battlefield 1 looks like fire. I will most likely get this game if all goes according to plan. I just hate EA Sports though

14. deerow84

TLOU is great. Uncharted is definitely very good and shares some similarities being made by the same developer but the setting and tone is a lot different. I've played the first three Uncharted games and playing through the fourth now and definitely recommend them highly but, IMO, TLOU > Uncharted.

Again, I haven't beat Uncharted 4 so perhaps my opinion will change but at this point it's unlikely. I would also kind of recommend playing the first few Uncharted games first not because it's a prerequisite for the story or anything but mostly because this one is so clearly the last one and it seems to hold a lot of reverence for the prior games and seems like a bit nostalgic in a lot of ways and some of that will be missed on a newcomer to the series.

15. NYJalltheway

I just hope when I start the 1st one, I'm not disappointed, and I stick to it.

16. deerow84

It's definitely a bit dated and less story driven than the later ones but I think it's good to have that background.

NYJalltheway likes this.
  17. mute

mute Well-Known Member

Also for those looking for a console both Microsoft and sony plan on releasing an updated console with slightly more power this year.

18. mute

mute Well-Known Member

and thats all folks

19. mute

mute Well-Known Member

Uncharted 4 has the best action I have seen in a video game and in some movies. This game is freaking amazing (been watching it on twitch).

20. Imagesrdecieving

Imagesrdecieving Well-Known Member

I loved The Last of Us. Maybe the best video game I ever played. I know that Uncharted us made by the same company. Any comparison between the two?

NYJalltheway likes this.