17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

thats absolutely amazing..... they are quite clueless, but hey the brokers will sell them for them. meanwhile the poor season ticket holders hold the bag and the smart folks go to stubhub.

2. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Oh big deal, my tickets went up $5. Poor STH's? I don't feel that way at all. Don't care what people pay on the secondary market. If I did not have seasons there would be to many execuses not to go. And this season was so much fun at home it was worth a $20 raise in prices. I think my tickets went down $5 two years ago anyway, but regardless, just build it Mac and they shall come. Just wanna win a Super bowl, will pay $250 a ticket for that. 36 years x 10 game a year, -10 games I did not go. Went to 325 games and not one, not one god damm championship game you think I give a shit about money???? Just win and bury me alive for all I care.

alleycat9 and Jetsfanforlife like this.
  3. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Why are they clueless, they have PSL holders by the balls who are already thousands into indebted servitude to the Jets. They can't get out unless they walk away from their PSL.

That's why you don't buy PSLs folks

alleycat9 likes this.
  4. alleycat9

its only 5 dollars.... but it will be 50 doll
    you are absolutely correct.

5. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Old stadium gone
    Home field advantage gone
    Me, gone

Never looked back zero regrets,,,,,,

NYJA15 and alleycat9 like this.
  6. NYJA15

NYJA15 Member

I agree, had seasons last year only to see that every game except the Eagles and Patriots games were being sold on stubhub for alot less than Face Value. For those that dont remember, the home opener was selling for less than $10. Let's not talk about the preseason games. This year, I will just buy them on stubhub.

7. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

8. JetsSec337Lot13B

I already know two people with PSLs walking away. One person paid the PSL in full and basically feels no reason to throw more money in and will just walk away. Other one financed and I guess figures they'll see what happens. Others who have walked away haven't had anything happen.

9. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Someone in this thread a few years ago was tracking the PSL resale market. Are PSL's being resold? And if so, are they taking a beating, or is it the investment the Jets claimed it would be in 2008? (I think I know the answer)

10. GordonGecko

PSLs are going for pennies on the dollar in all sections. It's basically buying a contract where you agree to get raped every year

You can get a Mezz PSL for $100:

http://www.pslsource.com/buy_new_york_jets_psl/
    https://www.seasonticketrights.com/New-York-Jets/Personal-Seat-Licenses/Personal-Seat-Licenses.aspx

alleycat9 likes this.
  11. alleycat9

that's pretty insane.

remember when you did the spreadsheet for tickets week by week off of stubhub? I remember you stopped doing it and I did it myself for a year, watching how little you could get seats for every game in comparison to the screwing the season ticket holders took.

12. GordonGecko

yeah and a big problem is the resale fees. Even if prices were at face for 10 games, you'd be out 37%+ on fees for the games you sold. But if that's not bad enough, 2 preseason games goe for an average more like 1/3 rd of face, most regular season go below face, and only a handful ever get a decent premium. Oh and you haven't made your annual PSL payment yet.

But I guess it's worth it to host a some playoff games maybe even an AFC championship game? Oh right I forgot, the Patriots are in the same division...

13. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Wow. The resale market sites and use of smart phones probably has played a role in this too. It's all come a long way since 2008.

I hope fans in these other cities building new stadiums that will be enticed by PSL's are paying attention.

14. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Our fan base was not the same years before going to the new stadium. Maybe 3-4 years when we first moved in and then NY'ers left and these so called NY football fans came along and all of a sudden the opposing teams fans took over. Going to the new place took it to another lame level. That said the last game of the year rocked as much as any game in memory. Hey, last years Islander games in the Coliseum was the end of rowdy NY stadiums. Yankee games don't resemble what they were even more them the Jets, Mets, tough to tell because of the quality of the team but Jints, Rangers, Devs and Isles all new stadiums and fan base totally changed. Its the price we pay... literally and figuratively. Just win, watching at home, buying on stubhub, paying Woody's mortgage bottom line we all want the same thing.

alleycat9 likes this.
  15. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I just got laid off from IBM effective 5/31. I signed up for the 4 month payments starting April 15th. I wasn't going to change anything but I started thinking if we somehow lose Fitz and go into the season with Geno, pettty and Hoyer as a possible starter I can not see spending my money on this crappy product. The Jets hold all the cards and should not give Fitz 15 million but we need him, at this point he's our only option besides the crap I mentioned. I might do to the Jets what they are doing to Fitz and hold out... until I see what the final product is.

16. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Sorry to hear that Sec314. How old are you if you don't mind me asking? My company also let some folks over 50 go and I wonder if this is a common practice. About the season tix, if you don't mind me sharing my opinion, I would say let them go if you don't think you can find another job soon. Sorry for being nosy.

17. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Brook! likes this.
  18. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I was rehired by the company that IBM hired to take over my departments responsibilities. My whole team was with of course a reduction in pay.. THis is the world we live in. I am sure Trump will make it better for guys like me.... NOT. Anyway, now I can buy Rib-eye steaks bone in at Whole Foods for $20 per lb instead of Ball park dogs for Jet home games. That was my main concern, not supporting my family.

alleycat9 likes this.
  19. 309'em

309'em Member

I became a member of the IBM RA club myself about three years ago after 32 years, rehired a month later for about half the salary, three years later still there as a contractor, at least I qualified for the old meager pension plan.

20. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

This !

alleycat9 likes this.