17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. JetsSec337Lot13B

What an awesome game and experience yesterday. $300 get in price and the crowd was wild. There were probably 15-20% Patriots fans but the Jets played well and shut them up. Had season tickets since 1991 when I was 11 years old and haven't missed many. This was a top game to attend. I have a few friends who wouldn't fork out the cash and are sick to their stomachs they missed that one.

alleycat9 likes this.
  2. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Anyone heading to buffalo ? Was talking o a few friends today not sure if it is doable but we discussed going. Tickets are dirt cheap, you can sit downstairs for 3o bucks,,,,,,,,,,if the trip is not doable looks like a large gathering at my house,,,,if it gets too large it will be at a local tavern,,,,,,,,,,in keeping with the thread it looked like a real good showing from the jet faithful yesterday . I was looking at tix Saturday nite and they were 270 plus to sit in gods country and I just was not paying that . Great seeing so many people sticking around in the stands after the game was over ,,,,,!

3. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I really want to go but none of my friends do. And I don't really want to make the drive. About yesterday's game. I had 2 tickets on 245A. I got 2 tickets and Green parking when we were 3-1 thinking this game would be valuable as time went on. I paid 83 bucks plus Stubhub fees for the game tickets and 41 bucks for Green parking.

Saturday night I put up my tickets and parking on sale. I put seats for sale at 350 each and put green parking at 75 bucks. After the fees I got 4 times more money than I paid. I am a bad fan but for the first time, Jets made me some money. But I ended up missing a great game. :(

4. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

5. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

check out atlantas new stadium.... between that, seattle, even soldier field and the new candlestick the jets stadium is probably one of the worst new stadiums around. the only one that would probably annoy me more is the jerry dome in dallas as its really got nothing to do with football at this point.

6. alleycat9

im really glad to hear it was mostly jets fans. I am a little surprised as I figured that there would be so many tickets out there that it would be similar to what we have seen the past few years with any teams that travel well. maybe just maybe jets fans are having trouble dropping tickets. (not you brook)

to be honest not having seasons is for games like this, you can say fuck it ill pay the extra to go to this game since I didn't waste money all year going to preseason and shit show games.

7. Chris.nyli

Chris.nyli New Member

Will Woody Johnson increase season tickets prices after a 10-6 season? Is it worth getting season tickets for next year? Are we going to have a better run? Or was this the best we can do with this roster?

8. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Makes me feel a bit better having invested in season seats for the time this year, that they were ultimately paid off by me winning my fantasy baseball league. I still threw plenty of $ into the year for tailgates, driving, etc. Will my buddies and I do it again? Time will tell; we gotta see how the off-season goes. But most likely I think we will return.

9. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Return! Jets need loyal fans like you.

And probably yes, Woody will probably raise some ticket prices for those who have no recourse - the PSL holders. But the good news is you'll get reward points for being taken advantage of.

10. alleycat9

not to dig at old wounds.... BUT look at what a great fucking view that is.

i still love that logo too.

[​IMG]

LogeSection2RowJ, GordonGecko and CBG like this.
  11. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Alleycat ,,,,,yep

alleycat9 likes this.
  12. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

13. alleycat9

14. GordonGecko

and you know it's not just people with the Knicks & Rangers doing this

15. alleycat9

sure isn't. im willing to bet there is a TON of this going on these days. maybe if they hit them hard it will deter some of these other greedy assholes from doing it.

my concern is that its not the folks who work for the jets doing it, its the jets themselves.

CBG likes this.
  16. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Alleycat one of these days I would like to buy you a beer !

alleycat9 likes this.
  17. LogeSection2RowJ

You guys think the Jets employees are scalping tickets? To whom are they scalping too? Most games were available well below face last year.

18. GordonGecko

Definitely, but unlike MSG I think the Jets staff are encouraged to take comps and unload them. They want to avoid selling PSL tickets individually because Woody promised they would never do that. They since broke that promise, but the bulk of those individual tickets are now being unloaded to group brokers who basically stock the place with visiting fans

19. LogeSection2RowJ

I may have benefitted from that with the mezzanine seats I was able to buy last season below face value. I assumed they were from the Jets via defaulted PSL payments.

20. max

max Active Member

alleycat9 likes this.