The Overtime Drive

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JStokes, Dec 29, 2015.

1. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Just got around to watching the full game this am on DVR. But man this drive was great.

Damn I love this team.

_

Falco21, Catfish Billy, jxc and 6 others like this.
  2. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

the flag on butler was enormous.... i was shocked they called the, pats always get away with BS like that. from there on out it was just out foot right up their ass. great ending and great response.

And that is one thing we have basically done all year, a team gets a big momentum score, we come right back and shove it down their throws. pats get the defensive TD, we go down field and get points. pats send it to OT, we go down field and get 6 for the win.

also, fuck tom brady and also fuck malcom butler

3. jerseyjay14

Also, props to chan gailey on play design....

1:06 mark. we run the play where the wide out (decker in this case) motions in toward the line then we snap and he runs to the flat (we scored a TD on this same play to marshall earlier and another big gain with it to powell)...

only this time, fitz stares down decker, Malcom butler bites on it allowing marshall to get behind him and fitz hits it.

perfect way to have something work and then use it to exploit something later.

just got o 1:05 mark and watch #21 on the pats.

4. jetlife21

jetlife21 Well-Known Member

That was so awesome. Butler can't stop our WRs he was exposed a bit.. have to keep that in mind if we have a rematch in a few weeks.

Catfish Billy likes this.
  5. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I liked that they had the balls to go for it all. After the Enunwa play it would've been easy to play it safe, run it three times, maybe a high percentage short pass, play for the FG. Lots of coaches/teams would've played it that way. Instead they go for the kill. ballsy but smart

6. RevisIsland18

RevisIsland18 Well-Known Member

so great watching that

its pretty embarrassing how shitty the call was from ian and fouts didn't talk for atleast a minute after the game was over. can cbs get announcers that actually like the jets?

7. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

Decision-making my Fitzpatrick has been excellent. While he gets away with some risky throws, he usually knows where to go with the ball.

If you're smart, decisive, and poised, then you have a chance to be a successful Qb, which is exactly what Fitz has been this season.

8. jerseyjay14

he has been really overrated all season long. they made such a big deal about him going 1 on 1 with against other teams top WRs but left out the part where those top WRs pretty much torched him. he also gambles a ton, leading to stuff like the last 2 plays in overtime. all but 1 of his picks came gift wrapped. 2 sailed 10 yards over the WR to butler just standing there, 1 came on a late hail mary.

he is a tough player, and talented, but he is no pro bowler

zace likes this.
  9. Diabolical_Jet_Fan

Diabolical_Jet_Fan Well-Known Member

But you didn't hear? Bill allowed us to score and win the game because he didn't want the Steelers in the playoffs......... LOL
    This has to be the dumbest shit Ive heard, created by the dumbest fan base on the planet. They cant come to the conclusion that the Jets beat them outright and that the hoodie, fucked up the coin toss.........

10. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

"Good night!"

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  11. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

While you're probably correct that some would have played it safe and gone for the FG, they would have been as dumb as BB for opting to kick rather than receive because with Tom Brady at QB, their FGs would probably have meant nothing.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  12. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I've watched the OT period about a half dozen times so far.

So fun...1st play from scrimmage, Ivory takes out their safety with a brutal hit.

13. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Stokes great post my man. From where I was sitting it looked like that 48 yard play was going to get called back on an illegal pick but it was as clean as can be. The safety(I think it was the safety) undercut th slant and it looked like it was a blatant pick but it was as clean as can be.

Fightin'JetTitan and Royal Tee like this.
  14. 74

74 Well-Known Member

I didn't notice. I was too busy fist pumping and flexing and yelling my victory chant

15. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Yes, imo as great as many other plays were all game long, the last one was the best. I say that because so many good things came together on it.

One thing was it was smart because it was set up by reading what NE was doing before and also showing them a look they had seen before. Marshall left in a set that the Jets had gone to Marshall I think at least twice before. So NE doubles him, leaving Decker in single coverage on the right side. Smart.

Another is as you allude to take the advantage when it is presented even if that is not the low risk play. Not that the risk was excessive, since Fitz could throw it where the worst that would happen would be an incomplete pass. But still incomplete there almost forces the Jets to go wit ha running play on the next play, which NE would have been expecting.

Another is how Decker played it patiently all game long, and in return he gets the game winner in OT. Beautiful.

But from my perspective maybe the best thing was the game had gone on long enough, and it ended with a bang just a few into OT.

Imo, that was the play of the game.

16. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Assuming I can get them, I always go to the Jets Post game show right after the game is over. Win or lose they show the team entering the tunnel coming off the field. It's a great visual.

17. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Jets postgame is a good show. I just discovered that you get SNY on direct tv.

18. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

They played Wischusen's radio call on there. He went pretty wild

Not sure if Ian Eagle is a Jet or Giant fan....not that he's gonna belie that on the air. But I tend to think they wanted us to lose

19. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

Ironically, Belichick clearly pointed out that on the Enunwa big play they got beat with a pick, almost as if it was a missed call or something (maybe I'm reading too much into the comment). His tone isn't ever revealing, so when he mentions the penalty that extended the drive, and in the same breath he mentions the pick-play, it just rubbed me the wrong way.

I just thought he had a lot of audacity to point that out when like his entire Offense is predicated on pick-routes.

20. jerseyjay14

yup, no one runs the picks more then the pats do.

Hitsomeone likes this.