2015 NCAA Football Thread

Discussion in 'NCAA' started by JStokes, May 7, 2015.

1. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I think it's a little better than 2013, but it maybe more like a lesser version 2008 with Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco, or 2009 with Stafford and Sanchez. All 4 QBs no where near the elite level, but they are QBs you can win with if coached correctly and have the right personnel around them

A lot of scouts don't believe Cook is the best, they look at Goff or Lynch as the top 2. I don't discount completion %, but I won't put my entire stock into it.

If the good lineman and linebackers are gone, I would take Cook in the first round no doubt about it.

2. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Cook was unbearable to watch earlier in the season, but he picked it up starting with the Oregon game.

The fact that he throws those "50/50" balls shows his confidence in his receivers and recognizes the 1 on 1 match-ups on the outside - so your assessment is indeed correct there. Those passes though, tend to have very good touch on the ball and rarely do you see him throw interceptions.

I can't wait to see MSU battle Iowa, Iowa has a decent defense. Should be a good test. I think I would take Cook only if the best lineman were gone and 2 of the linebackers in Myles Jack and Jaylon Smith are taken as well.

3. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Round 2 of the FCS Playoffs this weekend. Heading to Lake Charles to see McNeese take care of SHSU.
    [​IMG]

4. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

Funny thing. My business partner and I talk college ball quite a lot. A couple months back, he said something like, "Keep an eye on UNC." I scoffed, but he justified it by pointing out how it's really all about getting into the playoffs. Marquise Williams is a decent college QB, they have a five-star back in Elijah Hood and one of the most experienced O-lines in the nation. They lost to South Carolina in the first game, but the first game of the season is a pretty forgiving loss. If they could run the table and beat whichever of FSU or Clemson wound up in the ACC Championship, they'd have a legitimate shot at getting into the playoff. Then - all bets are off. Best part: they were 5000-1 to do that. I took a flier and put down $25.
    Unbelievably, UNC is one of only eight teams still on the board to even get into the playoff. And, with a few improbable twists, my twenty-five bucks blossoms into $125,000. In truth, my big hope isn't that they win the National Championship. They won't. My hope is that they beat Clemson, make it into the playoff, and then I get an email asking me to surrender my bet for 10-percent.

Go Heels!

[​IMG]

5. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Its nice to hear TGG wants to draft offensive players. Tide is turning

6. Kingfish

Kingfish Active Member

If North Carolina defeats Clemson today, it will shake up the top 4 rankings.

7. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

You can probably bet the other way to middle it and make more than 12,500.

8. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Speaking of the Tide, Coker is a baller.

Looks like an unpolished Rodgers out there.

9. nyjetsknicks247

nyjetsknicks247 Well-Known Member

Connor Cook is a 1st round pick? i don't see it

10. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Lol he's not.

Blaine Gabbert 2.0.

_

11. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

He is playing with an hurt throwing shoulder

12. JetsHuskers fan

JetsHuskers fan Well-Known Member

So happy Sparty too Iowa out.

13. JetsHuskers fan

JetsHuskers fan Well-Known Member

And North Carolina got fucked. What an awful call.

14. ProfJets

ProfJets Well-Known Member

Horrible officiating at the end of the UNC-Clemson game; not even close to being offside. Ridiculous that those calls aren't reviewable.

Section 336 likes this.
  15. nyjetsknicks247

nyjetsknicks247 Well-Known Member

He hasnt looked great all season

16. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Just finished watching Army Navy

You think the Jets had bad coaches/players feel bad for Army

13 years of fumbles, gadget plays and stupid playcalling

17. irishwhip03

irishwhip03 Well-Known Member

So I guess Henry took home the Heisman.

Maybe it was just my lack of interest in it this year, but this had to be one of the most mediocre list of finalists in a long time.

I guess it was the lack of a big time QB in the group.

18. jetfan59

jetfan59 Well-Known Member

I have a hard time caring about the Heisman when the player that wins it is maybe the 3rd best RB in his own conference.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  19. irishwhip03

irishwhip03 Well-Known Member

I usually dont care about it too much either. But usually I hear more about it. This year it kinda snuck up on me.

Maybe its because I stopped watching ESPN within the last year. I guess they are really the only network that still push it.

20. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

the heisman was an absolute joke this year. honestly it should've gone to the kid from Navy IMO. I don't care what anyone says he's had the best individual football season in the country. That's what the heisman trophy is for!

the rationale: "he was a candidate until Navy lost to Houston in the American Conference Championship" ..
    so HE'S eliminated from consideration after a game in which he threw for over 300 yards with only 3 incompletions, ran for 80 yards and scored 2 Touchdowns in a game where his defense gave up 52 points..

how in the hell does that make any sense??? the guy did EVERYTHING all year. He almost single handedly takes Navy, a team that hasn't been ranked since Staubach in the early 1960's, to a top 15 finish, breaking NCAA records along the way, and they give the heisman to a fat running back who runs straight ahead behind all 5 star offensive lineman. A guy who like jetfan59 said, is probably the 3rd best running back in his conference...

what a joke