2015 NCAA Football Thread

Discussion in 'NCAA' started by JStokes, May 7, 2015.

1. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

I still want to find out why he wasn't named a team captain.

_

2. JetsHuskers fan

JetsHuskers fan Well-Known Member

LSU better have a good coach lined up after they fire Les Miles after this season. Because we all know what happened to Nebraska after they fired Frank Solich, and the Huskers still have yet to recover from the Callahan and Pelini disaster seasons.

3. JetsHuskers fan

the 4th and inches call was one that I wold have made too, and it would have worked if Armstrong would have passed to the right motherfucking recover for shit sake. I mean holy shit this is awful.

[​IMG]

joe likes this.
  4. JetsHuskers fan

Oklahoma should be #1, Clemson #2, Iowa/Sparty #3, and Bama #4

5. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Stanford 38 - Notre Dame 36 - Cardinal hit a 45 yd. FG at the buzzer. Hell of an entertaining game.

Oklahoma with a cosmetic win over Okla. St., essentially exposing the Big 12 conference for what it is: a bunch of paper tigers who put up 'numbers' while not having a clue how to play defense.

Iowa continuing to post one ho-hum win after another vs. the softer half of the Big 10 (no OSU or MSU).

Alabama's (front 7) defense continues to be a force. 'Bama RB Derrick Henry notching additional 'Heisman favorite' points with 46 carries for 271 yards - workhorse beast.

Clemson going through the motions with a 5-point win over the Gamecocks.

Big 1o and SEC championship games to be played in domes …. sucks.

#505 joe, Nov 29, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2015
  6. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Rutgers fires football HC Kyle Flood and their latest AD failure Julie Neumann.

Former Rutgers (and Tampa Bay) coach Greg Schiano and former Rutgers assistant and current Alabama OL coach Mario Cristobel rumored…

7. JetsHuskers fan

I wish they wold have the B1G title game at Solider Field or another outdoor stadium in the central midwest. It should be outdoors.

joe likes this.
  8. JetsHuskers fan

I really hope that Sparty rapes Iowa and beats them by 50+

Fuck Iowa

9. JStokes

Lol- great screen shot.

That was a brutal play call.

_

10. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Good call. Armstrong was brain weak ignoring TE Cethan Carter wide open in the flat and forcing that throw deep.

11. jetfan59

jetfan59 Well-Known Member

Looks like Alabama will lose both of their coordinators after the year. Smart is getting the UGA job, and Kiffin will probably get offered a HC job by someone.

12. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Runs a pro style offense that is designed to make plays down the field. There's no short easy pass game at Michigan State. There aren't a lot of high percentage throws, I've noticed this season. This will skew the numbers.

Anyone that uses completion percentage as a way of determining a QBs accuracy is absolutely wrong. I wish his completion percentage was better, and he was a little more consistent, but to me he's really good at putting the ball where only the receiver can get it. No QB in the nation does that better than Cook.

I thought he would crack 60 this season, but I really don't care all that much about that statistic. The MVP of the NFL right now completes less than 60% of his passes.

13. JetsHuskers fan

Kiffin to Miami

14. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Is Kristen Saban staying put?

15. JetsHuskers fan

Was he really banging her? I heard rumors but I'm not sure if they are true,

16. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Wonder how much more patience Penn State has with James Franklin with Jim Haslett looking over his shoulder

17. JStokes

This is half a crock.

He's a decent college QB but he is NOT accurate and while you don't judge accuracy solely on the basis of completion percentage--at a MINIMUM in college you should be well over 60% regardless of the offense you run. Guys running quick strike offenses in college like Marcus and Carr were up over 68% their senior years. Hell, Teddy was at 71% and he ran a pro style offense.

No one threw more downfield last year or the last 2 years than Winston in a pro style offense and he was always at 65%.

Cook can make accurate passes. Every college QB can make accurate passes.

He also misses REALLY easy ones. Misses them by a mile.

He's not an accurate passer--the 57% is just further evidence of that.

_

18. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Check the Oregon game for clarification. He is inconsistent, but I count 2 factors - the offensive philosophy at MSU and his footwork inconsistencies. He has a great delivery when throwing the football to add.

Completion % does not completely correlate to accuracy. I see it as this, all QB prospects are different - some have different skill-sets then others. That's what I am looking for in a QB, what skill-sets does the QB have that translate to the next level.

For Cook, his passing against the blitz, ability to recognize coverage, the ability to fit the ball in tight windows and ball placement ability you can argue is the best for the coming QBs. You look at Marcus, and Carr in their college days, a large majority of passes are short passes and screens. Carr had some issues with the deep ball early in his rookie year, but he has improved that aspect.

He doesn't do anything pretty, like Marcus or any of the prospects of the past, but he's got some really good skills that translate to the next level - when the kid is in rhythm, he is a very dangerous QB that can really make some amazing throws.

Every college QB can make accurate passes, but not every QB can make throws into tight windows and not every QB displays the ability to place the ball where only the receiver can get it - case and point Jared Goff from Cal.

I would still draft him in rd 1, BUT if I see great linebacker / offensive lineman available in the draft, I don't think I would pass on that.

19. JStokes

And that there is the issue.

This is 2013 all over again--although I believe Cook is better than any of those guys.

But because he's the best coming out doesn't mean he's very good or deserving to be picked in the first round.

Again, I like him, he's a good college QB but he's not anywhere near the top prospects of 2014 and 2015.

And you can't discount comp %.

_

20. BigSnacks54

BigSnacks54 Well-Known Member

I don't really take stats into account, when watching these Quarterbacks (interceptions may be the exception at times). But I've seen "pro style" passers, with 60 plus completion percentage. As I said, I don't really care for it, but I look foward to digging into this, when I have time to watch more of Cook's 2015 games. If I had to guess, it has more to do with Cook being willing to test one one matchups outside the number and throw 50/50 balls which at times can be an issue. I like Cook way more than I did in July(based on what I've this year); he's improved. Doesn't mean I think he'll be a top QB or has a high celling, but although I wouldn't necessarily love it I would be fine with the Jets using a top 20 pick on him.