2015-2016 NBA Thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by NYJalltheway, Oct 26, 2015.

1. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

The season is starting this week.

I'm just following protocol.

2. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Going to be a long season for the New York teams.... Knicks/Nets both are going to suck. Hell even the 76ers and Celtics are going to suck. The NBA may as well not even exist in the Northeast this year. Wizards should be good , they can count as a Tri State area team right?

3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Go Spurs Go

4. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

I'm in MD. Wizards will be good but they have been treading water in anticipation that Durant may actually make the move back to his home state, which is possible but doubtful. They will make playoffs, win a series and likely lose in the second round to a team they shoulda/coulda/woulda beat and we'll just have to wonder what could have been.

5. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

You know if the Cavs win the title I think this scenario would be more likely. If Durant were to go to DC and lead the Wiz to a title which with Wall and Beal certainly would be a really fucking good team he could be a God forever in the Mid Atlantic. He would be up there with Doug Williams and Joe Gibbs.

6. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

I agree. The Wiz are stacked with young talent right now. Wall and Beal both fit wonderfully with the way Durant wants to play. Gortat is an above average center. Porter is a decent 5th player in that scenario. The team is good enough now imo to contend for the title. They aren't likely to win it all, but it isn't out of the question if they win it all (similar to Dallas winning it back in ? was it 2011, longer, 2009? I'm getting old).

7. NYJalltheway

I was so trashed last night, I went to make this thread now and I started typing the thread title, and it finished it for me.

I knew something was up. No recollection of making this..

It should be an interesting, and highly competitive season for the Thunder, and the Bucks. I could see the Bucks getting the 3 seed since there isn't much competition.

8. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

How the hell did Knicks win last night? :)

9. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Knicks in first place and lead the NBA in scoring. When's the parade??

But seriously if Williams has a breakout year and KP keeps getting better, and Grant delivers like he seems he can do right away, playoffs are a realistic goal

10. NYJalltheway

IDK.

1st Bucks season opener at home in 43 decades, and they lose to the f'n knicks? Seriously? Unbelievable.

11. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

porzingis played well last night for the Knicks. Offensively and defensively.

12. abyzmul

Spurs-Thunder was a great game the other night. Westbrook was a machine, I can easily see him taking that team over if/when Durant leaves, he basically became the undisputed leader of that club last season.

I'm thinking they are the current front runners for the West finals right now. Clutch as hell.

13. NYJalltheway

I worked the entire game so I didn't get to see a second. I'm sure in San Antonio it will be a different story. It's a developed into a wonderful rivalry.

14. abyzmul

Yep, it has. Team building-wise they're pretty similar where they build a lot of depth, but personality-wise they are on opposite ends of the spectrum.

Makes for an exciting game no matter where they play. It'll probably take a full month for the Spurs to really work LmA into the scheme - ball movement suffered and so did defensive assignments. But West looks like he's been playing in it for years already.

15. NYJalltheway

Well David West is a solid, underrated player. There's no use in overreacting to the literal 1st game of the season. I was trying to keep up with the score periodically, and in the late 3rd I was thinking it was probably not ending well for the Thunder. It wasn't a concern. The NBA has a very long season.

All that matters is key pieces remaining healthy. That's the biggest thing in October/November.

16. NYJalltheway

Does anybody know of any frodo type sites to stream NBA games? I hate watching 240 quality Thunder games.

17. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

What is a frodo site? I use http://www.stream2u-tv.me/sports/basketball.html usually. Quality isn't always the best but you get what you pay for.

18. NYJalltheway

It's the main site most of us use to stream jets games. It's an HD link which is basically unheard of.

So I was hoping there would be something like that for basketball games too.

19. abyzmul

Spurs just hammered the shit out of the Nets in the second half.

20. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

Steph Curry just gonna play every game like its game 7 huh?? Sheesh.