You People Blaming Fitz are Ridiculous

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Sep 27, 2015.

1. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

We rushed for 41 total yards. Marshall throws a lateral that creates a fumble. Marshall let's a ball bounce off his hands right into the defenders arms. Our starting running back was out and our second wide receiver was out.

Yet all of you want to blame this game on Fitzpatrick? Did he make mistakes, sure, but to blame him for this loss is ridiculous. Some of you never cease to amaze

jco2007, JetLifeLo, FlaJet and 12 others like this.
  2. zace

zace Well-Known Member

We were down by 24 are you fucking serious? Of course were not gonna run the ball. That's why you have 41 total yards. What were gonna run to victory?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

3. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Lmao that's your excuse? Not that we could never develop the run the entire game? Lol

4. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Lots of people wanting Geno to start all along. Forced to bite their tongue while the Jets won a couple games. Now it's time to come out & push their agendas. Fitz is average to slighly below average QB which unfortunately for us is a HUGE upgrade at the QB position. Fitz is not gonna win games & he's not gonna lose games if Jets can run consistently and play strong defense. It's not his fault Jets lost & he's also not the QB to lead a big comeback. Hopefully, the QB starting next year or 2017 has the ability to do those things.

FlaJet, NYJetsO12, rammagen and 3 others like this.
  5. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

This was a team loss, special teams gave up a TD, defense kept getting gashed by the run, penalties, and you can't forget about Marshall's brainfart. However Fitz played his part in the loss too no excuses because these were never acceptable excuses for the other QB's in the past.

6. zace

zace Well-Known Member

No why would you try and establish a run when you're down by 24? They stacked guys and took away the run and made Fitzpatrick try to beat them and their plan worked. Fitzpatrick couldn't beat them. This has nothing to do with the run game, it was gone the second we were down 24.

RevisIsland18 likes this.
  7. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Everybody knows Fitz is mediocre at best. Take away his #1RB and his #2&3WR's, what did you expect from him? Geno would have been a straight nightmare in this game. Pick sixes for everyone.

Whether you are pro Fitz of pro Geno, it doesn't matter. We don't have a QB.

Hitsomeone, JetLifeLo, FlaJet and 8 others like this.
  8. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Exactly no bullshit

9. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Remember that there are all sorts of agendas in play. If you're a dedicated troll having fun with posting on a Jets board this is a picture perfect setup to just troll all year long. When Fitzpatrick is in troll for Geno (or Petty). When Geno is in troll for Fitzpatrick (or Petty).

10. BigSnacks54

BigSnacks54 Well-Known Member

Guy throws two picks, misses Devin Smith twice down the field (with under throws), and he shouldn't be blamed?

He was not good today; he wasn't the only player responsible for the loss, but he was wildy inaccurate and cost the team points on multiple occasions. I'll be suprised if he's starting after the bye.

#10 BigSnacks54, Sep 27, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2015
    All Gas No Shake, FJF and Ghost50 like this.
  11. zace

zace Well-Known Member

We looked tired today no doubt about that

12. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

Fitz didn't get it done today... Hard to argue.

There were some bad drops, best Fitz defense (and the Marshall turnover)... But there were also some wide open receivers missed.

We are all hoping Fitz and the Jets respond next weekend in London with a Big W against division rival.

If not, I want to see the kid back behind center.

FlaJet and APK 8 like this.
  13. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Agreed. Plenty of blame to go around this game. Special teams gave up the TD, defense was actually lucky they didn't give up more points because RB dropped couple passes with nobody in front of him (seemed to usually happen on those wheel routes to the right side). Fitz was unable to overcome any mistakes made elsewhere & Marshall with one of the dumbest fucking plays I've ever seen from a veteran.

If Fitz was in this situation again, the Jets would lose again. He's nothing special at QB but the Jets are lacking anything better on the roster.

FlaJet, rammagen and The 1985er like this.
  14. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

The Jets are 2-1. Benching Fitz for a proven turnover machine seems like a desperate move way before we've reached the point of desperation.

FlaJet, rammagen, PulseJet and 2 others like this.
  15. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

It's on the whole team. There was very little pressure on Bradford on the defensive side, Fitz over and under threw all day, Gailey played like a chicken and there was no sense of urgency whatsoever in the 4th quarter down 3 scores. That in and of itself is scary as it shows a lack of understanding of some very basic coaching and quarterbacking. It's not friggin' rocket science that if you need three scores to win and you don't use the WHOLE play clock to get a play off in the 4th quarter! A casual fan knows that!

Honestly, it comes down to the curse of the Eagles. We just can't play them. It's weird, whether it's been Jaworski, Cunningham, McNabb, or Bradford at QB for the Eagles, the Jets just collapse against them. I can't think of any rational explanation why. I don't know if it's a mental thing but it happens EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. The only team in the entire NFL that we have never beaten. The only one.

16. Ghost50

Ghost50 Well-Known Member

LOL when Fitz is the epitome of a turnover machine (we got 10 seasons of proof). Rookies make mistakes/turnovers. You prefer someone that's a glorified NFL backup vs someone that has the potential to be a decent QB. such bias

17. Br4d

The punt return and the "fumble" were more than enough to make the margin of victory for the Eagles. The lack of a running game put the Jets into a forced passing situation and Fitzpatrick is a game manager at this point. If you don't have a game for Fitzpatrick to manage there's no point in playing him. Of course if you can't manufacture a manageable game most of the time you're going to lose a lot of games.

Wouldn't it be ironic if Geno replaced Fitzpatrick at just the point the injury wave overwhelmed the Jets? Then we'd have the Geno fans having a field day about how Geno didn't have enough to work with (again) and the Geno detractors screaming about how the Jets couldn't win with him behind center. That's the worst possible situation at this point. Well, other than Petty being forced onto the field too early with not enough talent to let him survive either.

ajax likes this.
  18. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

this is pretty much where i am at. even in the mnf win it was obvious that this o is going to be severely limited with fitz. if we are 2-2 with and suffering from an offensive deficiency we should switch it up. fitz is a vet and can handle coming back in if we need after a couple of games on the bench. but we need to see if we can field a more explosive offense. we can't count on the d to hand us 5 extra possessions a game

JetLifeLo, zace and JetsVilma28 like this.
  19. DRC™

DRC™ Active Member

I don't like noodle arm Fitzpatrick, but I don't pit this loss totally on him. I think he played decent. He made some plays. Only 1 of the picks he threw were his fault. The other 2 were tipped passes. OLine didn't block well at times

This was an all around team loss. Offense struggled, dumb play by Marshall, D struggled at times and special team gave up a horrible TD

I also think the eagles are a better team than their record and the jets are not as good as some on here wanted to believe after the Monday night win. Coach Bowles has been saying all along this team still has a lot to work on

NYJetsO12, PulseJet and Br4d like this.
  20. Br4d

Now Bowles has some evidence to present to his team on the "we're a work in process" front. Nobody is going to be taking anything for granted at this point.

Coming out of the bye the Jets will have Richardson back and the run defense will tighten up some and hopefully we'll be 3-1 at that point and ready to make some noise.