I purchased a PlayStation 4. Any advice?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by The Dark Knight, Dec 7, 2014.

1. mute

mute Well-Known Member

How's it so far?

2. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Have not played it, once I do will post my thoughts

3. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

I'm thinking about getting a PS4, mainly for online with my best bro in hawaii, and for the witcher 3.

Worth it?

The Dark Knight likes this.
  4. mute

mute Well-Known Member

If he ONLY has ps4 and you want to play together sure. Keep in mind witcher isn't multiplayer.

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Tapatalk

5. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

Also you have to pay to play online now. Playstation used to be free to play multiplayer games but now you need a subscription to Playstation Plus. I think it's like $50 a year so it's not insanely expensive but just so you are aware of it.

NYJalltheway likes this.
  6. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Nerds

The Dark Knight and mute like this.
  7. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

[​IMG]

8. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

nothing wrong with smoking a doobie and slaying dragons damnit

74 likes this.
  9. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Would a nerd go to Game Stop at right before midnight tonight to attend a Batman Costume Party and pick up his BATMAN: ARKHAM KNIGHT video game? I think not!

10. 74

74 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

The Dark Knight likes this.
  11. mute

mute Well-Known Member

I cant believe how many freaking hours I've put into the Witcher 3 and still not done! I think I have like 3 hrs left judging but whats currently going in the story.

My point is that this game is MASSIVE. The Witcher Contracts, Side quest, Main quest all matter and make sense.

Its truly amazing a small team from Poland made this game.

12. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Arkham Knight is great so far. I think I might be halfway done, but my 13 year old cousin has already beaten it. Haha.

13. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Have been playing Witcher 3 and I have played like 10 hours + and I completely AGREE I am still way early on in the game. It really is like Red Dead Redemption but with a even bigger expansive open world and it all feels very Game of Thrones-ish. I love the game, it is great.

Side quests, contract missions and other things that suggest you go check out undiscovered locations on the map eat so much of my time that the main story which is fucking amazing is something I am taking my time with.

I actually like Witcher 3 so much that I bought Batman Arkham Knight from gamestop and have it still sitting here unopened. I want to get even more familiar with Witcher and then I will rotate with Batman soon.

Witcher looks like it could be GOTY

deerow84, NYJalltheway and mute like this.
  14. mute

mute Well-Known Member

Just a heads up on Batman on PC. This is an official word : Sales of Batman: Arkham Knight have been temporarily suspended while Warner Brothers works to address performance issues.

15. mute

mute Well-Known Member

I finished last week with 86hrs. One of the best games EVA! I plan on playing it again later in the year before the story DLC is released. This time im going to try and do thing different but overall im HAPPY with my ending.

16. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Wait when is the DLC out and how can i find out how many total hours I have played or what percentage of the story I've completed?

17. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Metacritic crics gave it a great review, but users are at 6.8...I can totally see these video game publishers paying off video game reviewers for some love on their game.

These guys will do anything for extra bucks

18. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Is it worth buying a ps4 for tho?

19. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

I would say it's the best game of this generation that actually makes use of the capabilities of the system (a lot of prior games are just HD remakes and stuff). Does it single-handedly make it worth buying a PS4? I don't think so...but you wouldn't just buy the PS4 and only play this game, there are lots of great games out already and a bunch on the horizon so I would say it's never been a better time to buy.

20. mute

mute Well-Known Member

The First STORY DLC is expected to be out October. It isnt finished yet. Its 10hrs long. A second story DLC is set for early next year which will be 20hrs long.

The Expansion Pass secures your access to two epic adventures set in the vibrant world of monster hunter Geralt of Rivia.

Hearts of Stone will take Geralt on an all-new 10-hour adventure into the wilds of No Man’s Land and the nooks and alleys of Oxenfurt, where he’ll try to complete a contract from the mysterious Man of Glass. Caught in a thick tangle of deceit, Geralt will need all his cunning and strength to solve the mystery and emerge unscathed.

Blood and Wine, a 20-hour tale that will introduce the all-new in-game region of Toussaint, will take Geralt to a land untainted by war, where an atmosphere of carefree indulgence and knightly ritual masks an ancient, bloody secret.

The upcoming expansions will offer gamers new content, gear and foes, and will feature characters both new and dearly missed -- all crafted with maximum attention to detail and quality.

I think you have to visit the player stat page and press L1 (xbox controller) to see your playing time. As for percentage I dont know. If I can remember correctly, I did 10hrs and was still in Velen or just entering Novigrad. Not sure..

You can currently download and use the FREE DLC right now though. I think theres 2 more weeks of free DLC to be released. Yenefer new outfit is my fav DLC to be honest LOL. I never used the new armor, etc and the Triss new outfit IMO is awful.

#60 mute, Jun 28, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2015