Deflate-gate

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by 74, Jan 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EmbraceTheHate

EmbraceTheHate Active Member

Irony.

I think the reason the Wells investigation is taking so long is that they are either a) not finding anything tying Patriots to the under-inflated balls, and are desperately trying to for Goodell or b) they are finding a lot of dirt under every rock they move (Grigson, Kensil, Irsay) and it's leading them in many more directions than were originally anticipated.

2. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Either way, it's clear the Pats didn't do anything wrong. If you're a Pats fan.

3. New England Patriots

New England Patriots Well-Known Member

While I don't agree with the options presented by EmbraceTheHate, Patriot haters have been saying from the start that the Patriots are either a) guilty or b) there will be a cover up. Both sides are being disingenuous.

4. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Goodell screwed everyone when he burned the spygate tapes. Don't blame fans of other team from being skeptical on that one.

If the report comes back with conclusive evidence of no wrong doing by the Pats I would hope most Jets fans are reasonable about that. Obviously not all will be.

I wish they would just finish the stupid investigation already.

#4764 NotSatoshiNakamoto, Feb 27, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2015
    Burning Elvii likes this.
  5. joe

joe Well-Known Member

"I'll take 'a' for $500, Alex."

Burning Elvii likes this.
  6. Burning Elvii

Burning Elvii Well-Known Member

was game integrity at stake
    good segway
    http://on.aol.com/video/tom-brady--gisele-gives-me-stability-517401800 (stability = $$$$)

potty mouth
    http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/82261913/ (all in good time) oh that &%$#@*%$ WELKER

7. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

+1000

_

8. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

haha this is still happening?

i know what i do with my balls on the sideline.

9. Burning Elvii

Matt Walsh where are you son?. Your eyewitness and interviews were panned by roger because Kraft made you turn your head......

"
    “Star witness Matt Walsh, former Patriots videographer during the 2000 to 2002 seasons, had become restless and bold while biding his time, eager to tell his story to the world. He had been waiting to be fully indemnified against potential lawsuits by the NFL and the New England Patriots. And so he began speaking to a few select reporters while awaiting his interview with the NFL league office and Senator Arlen Specter. Note that it took months for the press and Senator Specter to pressure the NFL into actually sitting down with key witness Walsh. One can only assume he was emboldened by the knowledge that the Patriots would not dare sue him now, lest they appear to be trying to silence a witness.”

In an interview with Mike Fish of ESPN, originally published February 1, 2008, Fish was wondering why the NFL never contacted Matt Walsh when the story originally broke. “If they’re doing a thorough investigation, they didn’t contact me,” Walsh said. “Maybe they felt they didn’t need to.” Commissioner Roger Goodell had originally stated publicly that the tapes turned over by the Patriots only documented games back to 2006. But by the 2006 season, Walsh had been long gone. 1 If the NFL wanted to properly investigate this matter, why not speak to Walsh right away? It would seem that he had relevant information.

A few months after the Spygate story became front page news, Walsh made it known that he had potentially damaging information about the Patriots and the NFL, and he had the tapes to prove it. Logically, the league should have wanted to hear from someone who is not currently being accused in the case. As a past employee, Walsh would not have the clear conflict of interest that current Patriots employees would be expected to possess. Nobody had broken any “actual laws”; the scandal strictly concerned NFL league rules. But can you imagine the pressure of being interviewed about the alleged wrongdoings of your current employer? The conflict of interest in question dictates that you would likely want to keep your mouth shut, and keep your job.

NFL investigators astonishingly took the word of the Patriots as the whole and complete story, without speaking to former videographer Matt Walsh even one time.
    Walsh stated, “Obviously, Mangini knew what was going on, and it had been going on for a while. [The Jets] tried to catch them [Patriots] doing it last year [2006] and weren’t able to. So they were just waiting for them to throw the camera up this year on the sideline.” Walsh said that when he worked with the Patriots, very few people inside the organization knew of the team’s videotaping practices. Those in the know were video director Jimmy Dee and research director Ernie Adams. 1 Adams and Dee are both currently on the Patriots staff, presumably in the same capacity.
    Adams, Belichick’s lifelong friend and right-hand man, is a central figure to the Spygate plot. Regarding Adams helpfully shedding light on the controversy, Walsh said “You’ve got a better chance of him telling you who killed JFK than anything about New England. There are lots of stories there…. [Adams] told me stories of things they used to do in Cleveland [where Adams assisted head coach Bill Belichick with the Browns].” 1

Like many in the NFL, Walsh came to the league directly out of college, with no experience. He graduated from Spring College in 1998 with a degree in sports management. He had originally worked for the Patriots in an internship during the first semester of his senior year. After graduation, he had not landed a full-time job and was working as a lifeguard when the Patriots called him, seemingly out of the blue. They offered him a job as a video assistant, even though he had no expertise or training in that field. 1

Walsh was employed by the Patriots from 1996 to 2003 as a video assistant. [Taping“coaches’ signals] was something that they continued to have me do throughout the two years I worked in video, under coach Belichick,” Walsh told HBO’s Andrea Kremer. “If it was of little or no importance, I imagine they wouldn’t have continued to do it, and probably not taken the chances of going down onto the field in Pittsburgh, or shooting from other teams’ stadiums the way we did.” Walsh told Kremer he was coached on how to avoid detection and what phony stories to tell if confronted by stadium security. Walsh specifically named Jimmy Dee, Patriots video coordinator, as one of his bosses who coached him on blending in and not getting caught. 2

When asked about Belichick’s excuses for taping, Walsh said “Coach Belichick’s explanation for having misinterpreted the rules—to me—that really didn’t sound like taking responsibility for what we had done, especially considering the great lengths that we had gone through to hide what we were doing.” Some examples he included:

The line of reasoning that we would give to other teams for why we need a third camera setup was, ‘Well, our coaches want to have a tight shot of the kicker and the holder exchange, just to go over with the guys in meetings. You know, they want a tight shot, you know, of the quarterback, you know, just to go over the quarterback’s footwork and mechanics in meetings.’” Walsh made it clear that the number of tapes made for any one game greatly increased under Belichick. “On average, when you’re scouting a team, we’d do anywhere from 60 to 70 cut-ups on offense, 40, 50 cut-ups on defense. Special teams, you’re making another 10-15 tapes,” Walsh told the New York Times. 3

“When Belichick came along, we added even more to the preparation…. We were also coming into the age of digital technology, too. So we were able to attach statistics to the video, on computers.” When asked if he thought he was doing anything wrong, Walsh said, “I had always been a big Patriots fan. I was very enthused, just to have the opportunity that I had the job to work for them. I wasn’t going to question what they wanted me to do. They became upset “if we filmed incorrectly. I didn’t want to imagine what the consequences would be if I refused to do something altogether.”

Excerpt From: O'Leary, Bryan. “Spygate The Untold Story.” KLR Publishing. iBooks.
    This material may be protected by copyright."

Anyone want more? History of cheating by someone who values cheating......Bill Belicheat!!

10. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Just go away already. For real, you are just embarassing yourself now.

11. Burning Elvii

how so?

If thus gets a slap on wrist, nfl is history in about 5-10 years

12. EmbraceTheHate

EmbraceTheHate Active Member

I'll take the over.

13. Burning Elvii

14. NotSatoshiNakamoto

how many times has this guy mentioned that book and the publisher? you must get a piece of that pie.

15. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Fuckin' A!

16. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

1st- I don't recall Giselle claiming to be a class act
    2nd- If I could get her to ride my cock, she could swear all she wants... In fact, I'd insist she does...
    3rd- I bet a lot of Jets fans on here wish you, like Elvis, were really a Steeler fan

17. joe

joe Well-Known Member

yes
    yes
    no

18. GoPats

GoPats Well-Known Member

Quoting from a book that the author paid $30,000 of his own money to publish? Did you buy one yet? You should. O'Leary only has to sell a few thousand more to make his money back. ("Tens of copies sold!")

If he'd made this a "pop-up" it would have been more geared toward his target audience and done better at the sales counter, I think.

But seriously, the Bryan O'Leary book? That's what you've got? Considering how far you've gone out of your way to be a troll on this, you're actually not very good at it.

19. Burning Elvii

Hey go pats, Walsh made those words, he spoke em, oleary didn't make em up. Walsh spoke those words on television
    The author collected all the stories and interviews and published the book, he's not a great author but he has a historian view In this book.

Walsh is going to his grave with hush money. Pats guilty as sin and you are too for glorifying an evil franchise

20. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

should your steelers give back their 4 SBs from the 70s since their team was all roided up helping them win?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.