Deflate-gate

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by 74, Jan 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

That's my thought, wait for the firestorm to die down and then announce they found nothing. As far as I'm concerned it's a dead end and expecting anything from the NFL isn't going to happen. You're setting yourself up for failure

2. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

We'll see. Generally fast action means innocent and long delayed deliberations means guilty to some degree.

Kraft asking for an apology the way he did was also a telling sign that things aren't going so smoothly for him at the league office. If you're confident of the outcome you just keep your mouth shut and wait for the favorable result, then you ask for the apology or if it was clearly a cover up just keep your head down.

3. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Yup. They are going to wait until a Friday afternoon at 6:00 PM during the NCAA tournament to announce their investigation was inconclusive and that all evidence pointing to the inconclusive outcome has been destroyed.

Because it was taking up room in the league offices.

_

4. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I disagree with you on Kraft, he's a pompous arrogant ass like his head coach and QB. The 3 of them all think they can do whatever they want whenever they want and the league will just accept it.

pclfan likes this.
  5. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

Looking at Kraft's action (inactions in this case) is very telling too.
    When the shit was on fire, Kraft & Co. joined the firestorm with countermeasures: the science project, the apology demand, brady interviews, etc. Now, knowing how close Kraft and Goodell are you can bet Kraft gets the latest directly from the horse's mouth. The fact that he is quite now is telling that he knows nothing will come out of it. If Goodell was preparing the nuke option with revieal all, Kraft and his minions would've been all over the news trying to alter public opinion.
    Nothing coming from Cheaters FO = everything going to their liking = coverup is in full swing and progressing as planned.

6. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Man that's even more weird. A non-Jets fan creating an account just to discuss deflategate on a Jets forum. What is your team and why wouldn't you just discuss deflategate on their forum?

7. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Meh - I don't take much from what Kraft does or does not say. He was probably just pissed they had to spend time on deflategate when they should have been 100% focused on the superbowl. If the Pats are guilty I'd be surprised if Kraft knew about it.

Is it possible that this thing could be over analyzed anymore? They need to wrap up the investigation and provide some concrete details to the public. No way it should take this long. No way.

8. Charlie Kelly

Charlie Kelly Well-Known Member

I totally agree with this, if Kraft had felt any confidence then he doesn't say anything and lets the league investigate but that demand for an apology sounded like he was trying to publicly use his league influence to send a message like a school yard bully

9. Charlie Kelly

Wow I had always assumed you were a Jets fan, now your posts in this thread don't embarrass me near as much

I'm going to guess Dolphins

10. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Concur, there is no way Kraft knew ahead of time that the Pats were deflating balls, just like he likely doesn't know about any of their other nefarious activities.

But the buck stops at his desk.

_

Burning Elvii likes this.
  11. Burning Elvii

Burning Elvii Well-Known Member

They are all over just not on the talking head shows. Theyre in every Internet forum in the land....orchestrated Kraft propaganda

12. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

If the league had anything really juicy about the Pats some of it would have been leaked by now. The best they could come up with was to leak about the Pats attendant who handed an unofficial K ball to a ball official.... after having it handed to him by another ball official.

It is amazing that the folks on here actually believe the league would cover up for the Pats. By letting all the leaks out and letting the Pats drag through the mud the two weeks between the AFC Championship and the SB and for now going on more than a month, they are doing the Pats no favors.

13. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

IMO this whole issue is dead in the water. I hear nothing about it on the news or on espn. No one cares about it anymore. At this point, the NFL doesnt' even have to announce the findings of their report and only fans without a voice will wonder where it is.

The only way to change it unfortunately is to stop buying/watching and that is hard to do when you root for a different team.

Burning Elvii likes this.
  14. Charlie Kelly

You have been under the assumption that the league has leaked things for the purpose of smearing the Pats purposefully even though the only on record statements by the league have been favorable to them, it sounds like you have a sympathetic guilty conscience much like the way some weak willed men feel sympathetic labour pains when their women are about to give birth.

15. bartscott

bartscott Well-Known Member

They already did cover for the Pats. By destroying the tapes. Why is it so amazing that Kraft's butt buddy wouldn't do it again? Seriously do you not see that? Why else were those tapes destroyed?

NotSatoshiNakamoto likes this.
  16. Burning Elvii

17. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

The people who scream bloody murder at the top of their lungs are usually the guiltiest bastards around.

18. Burning Elvii

How do you know I don't ? Besides he amount of pats apologists this time around out it defense is sheer amazing. Has to be orchestrated by King Chivas Regal

19. Charlie Kelly

Dolphins?

20. Burning Elvii

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.