So the fire Idzik goons got their way... happy?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jetfannerd, Jan 1, 2015.

1. jetfannerd

jetfannerd Trolls

Dear Jets Fans,

Our owner has proven yet again that he is absolutely clueless with regards to building a winning franchise. His main concern after all is selling PSL's and in order to sell PSL's you have to appease the fan base. By firing John Idzik and Rex Ryan Woody Johnson feels that he is throwing the fan base a bone.

Lets ignore the fact that John Idzik's draft picks are starting look better every week

Lets ignore the fact that we finally had a GM that preserved our draft picks, and didn't hand out multi year contracts like a drunken sailor

Lets ignore the fact that the market for competent Head Coaches and GM's right now is completely dried out

Congrats FireIdzik nuts,

You guys more than likely set this franchise back another 3 years thanks to our incompetent owner.

Better start working on a FireMarrone campaign right now, because all signs point to that scrub taking over this organization.

I wonder if Casserly, Johnson, and Wolf know just how big of a disaster Marrone was as OL coach with the Jets. He destroyed our 2005 season by endorsing Adrien Clarke as capable starter at RT.

Truth4U2, nyjunc, Jets69 and 2 others like this.
  2. nyjetsknicks247

nyjetsknicks247 Well-Known Member

Idzik fuking sucked get over it

ajax, stinkyB, Freddy Mondo and 13 others like this.
  3. NYJets17

NYJets17 Well-Known Member

So late, that you're almost early

4. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

I'm not going to bash Idzik but I'm not unhappy with it either.

We really do need a GM with a very good eye for talent in that seat. So I'm happy we are at least going that route.

5. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

There's an article today about re-signing David Harris. Sounds like a good idea, right. He had a good season but his contract is up and he can be a FA. His agent says all season long he was in contact with Idzik about signing a new deal. Not such a bad way to spend that extra cap money. Re-signing your best players including Wilkerson. Which is going to cost a lot of money. Of course if you spent all of that money and you couldn't re-sign them now wouldn't that be stupid. And btw who in two years recouped all of that cap money from Tanny's cap hell. Even Woody admitted at his presser that Idzik had a plan and he was on board with it until the shit hit the fan.

6. geomon

geomon Well-Known Member

I'm very happy and you're going to be happy when we get someone in here who is going to contribute to a championship season. Yes, an actual championship, not a division or conference title.

7. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Idzik did a great job at clearing cap space. But he was utter crap at the important part of the job: signing FAs and draft picks. He couldn't draft for shit and he refused to spend any money to win.

8. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Idzik got a raw deal, but all this shows us is how dysfunctional this organization is. I hope whoever we hire gets a better break than Idzik got.

9. GangGreenBlues

GangGreenBlues Well-Known Member

Yeah, Woody totally stabbed Idzik in the back. When Idzik was signed, he wasn't a big name or anything, so he didn't have a lot of leverage, but given what the Jets' state was in 2013 before he came onboard, with the lack of talent, salary cap hell, the coaching situation and all of that, I think it's pretty logical to assume that Woody promised him the time to rebuild, and there had to be an understanding between them that it was going to take some time. The Revis situation supports this picture. Whoever decides to get rid of Revis, whether it was Idzik or Woody, that signaled that the Jets were rebuilding. But when things got noisy, Woody just turned around and fucked Idzik over, firing him for implementing the exact plan that Woody must've signed off on. That's the kind of thing that really leaves a bad taste in my mouth, and although I am a huge Jets fan, I think if we suck in the coming years, it's justice, bad karma and all that.

The thing is, I honestly believe we haven't even seen the worst of it. Already, some candidates are turning us down, the Ravens and Vikings guy. Whoever does come in, will be so scared of getting booted like Idzik, that I expect all sorts of panic moves. Take the secondary for example, there aren't many good deals to be had for us in this offseason. Revis is 30, Cromartie 31, Tramon Williams is 31. Byron Maxwell is younger, but he might get overpaid based on his Seattle track record. The smart thing to do might be to draft a corner at some point and let him, Milliner, McDougle, and Marcus Williams compete next year along with other undrafted free agents/other teams' cuts. But given what just happened, I would not be surprised if the Jets brought in some old guys or massively overpaid a guy like Maxwell. Same thing might happen at QB, they might trade the house for Cutler or sign some worthless FA to a large contract. We'll see what happens, but this doesn't set a good precedent at all.

10. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Did you notice the highlighted sections here? These are all some of the things you admit you're guessing at; you don't really know what went on. I'm content to wait and see what happens even if I believe the Jets should have taken care of the GM position weeks ago.

#10 Ralebird, Jan 2, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2015
  11. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

I don't know how the fuck anyone can even think to defend Idzik. I mean you would have to be insanely stupid to even think that he deserved to still be in charge.

Funniest part is? He likely will never get another GM job in this league, yet there's still people on this forum that try and defend him.

I don't know if this fan base is part retarded or is all this losing getting to people's heads?

12. rammagen

rammagen Well-Known Member

13. nyjetsknicks247

nyjetsknicks247 Well-Known Member

The vikings and ravens people aren't interviewing for any teams from my knowledge

rammagen likes this.
  14. fireidzik_billboard

fireidzik_billboard Active Member

We sure are happy. Even happier now that I read your post! You said absolutely nothing factual - especially when you consider that Marrone wasn't even hired yet.

15. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Yea well he did himself no favors in that press confrence either,he could have saved himself instead he punched his ticket out of here with that bs

16. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

I guess he wanted to show accountability. Most in that situation would've towed the line and say a bunch of shit without actually saying shit. That press conference was uncalled for imo.

17. GangGreenBlues

Yeah, the only thing smarter than judging a draft 3 months in or blaming a guy for a poor record during a rebuilding year is grading a GM on his press conference skills.

Bellows1 and The 1985er like this.
  18. GangGreenBlues

Well, yeah I wasn't there, but it doesn't take a genius to figure this stuff out. Pretty much every move Idzik made makes a lot of sense in the context of rebuilding, and almost no sense in terms of pushing out a competitive team in the short term. Drafting and starting Geno over Vick, trading away Revis, going with young CBs, etc. I just don't see any scenario where prior to doing all of this, Idzik and Woody did not agree to rebuild the team. I just think when the kitchen got hot, Woody bailed.

19. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

He got a raw deal, no doubt. I don't really care because he fucked over Rex Ryan who I am a fan of, but he definitely got a raw deal.

Jets Esq. likes this.
  20. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

Dear OP,

I am very happy. The last time I was this happy about a Jets personnel move was the 7 minutes between when we fired Schotty Jr and hired Sparano.

Best regards,
    Unhappyjetsfan

Acad23 likes this.