So what's the plan at QB?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Hugogo, Sep 23, 2014.

1. Hugogo

Hugogo New Member

Let's say Geno keeps turning the ball over and the fans and team gets fed up with him and they turn to Vick. And let's say he gets the job done to finish the season. Then what happens next season?

1. Geno gets another shot at starting, doing it all over again?
    2. Vick keeps the starting job and Geno sits?
    3. Jets draft a quarterback, and a new re-building phase begins.
    4. We sign a veteran FA or trade for one capable of leading the team to a winning season.

This might sound stupid because it's too far ahead in time to tell, but I can't be the only one thinking disastrous thoughts after last nights game lol

Let me hear your thoughts!

2. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Didn't think Geno's performance last night was disastrous enough to the point where it would make one start to think about this if they haven't already. That said, I've been thinking about this well prior to last night's game. If my GM believes Geno is the guy and he turns out to be completely wrong, I don't know if I trust that GM to find me the next QB.

3. BleedGreen89

BleedGreen89 Well-Known Member

4. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

If Geno keeps turning the ball over we look for another QB. That guy is not on this roster. Vick could be a temporary solution but thats it.

I'm hoping Geno starts protecting the ball because I think he does have talent.

5. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Fuckin brilliant.

Goddamn we need better coaching.

6. BleedGreen89

We need Mariota...and if not him one of the other QBs coming out. Its a deep class

7. mute

mute Well-Known Member

Start Vick, let Geno sit for a year.

8. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

Mariota is the closest thing to a franchise QB that I've seen. But remember, the kid is only 20! He will need a couple years to get used to the NFL. Let Geno play the rest of the year. But Mariota is the real thing

9. legler82

It's pretty much Mariota or bust for me next year. Winston and Hundley scare me for different reasons. Hogan got that weird wind up that I can't get past. I like Shane Carden but he might be nothing more than a solid back-up. I need to see more of Petty, but from the couple of games I did see wasn't impressed.

A few more weeks of losing, and it might be time to start the Win Iota for Mariota chant in Metlife stadium.

10. legler82

St Louis will likely Mariota's ultimate landing spot.

11. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

That's really shitty. I saw him get absolutely destroyed by WSU's defensive line six times. He got up and threw for 300 yards and 5 tds. He also doesn't beat up his girlfriend or steal things.

12. BleedGreen89

The only possible knock on MM is that Oregon's offense is so prolific that it may make him look better than he is

13. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Draft a QB early bring back Vick and have a open competition next year.

14. irishwhip03

irishwhip03 Well-Known Member

Have you taken a look at Philly's defense lately? Kelly's is as clueless about defense as Rex is on offense.

15. Ben Had

Ben Had Active Member

Rex will stick with geno...the 2 are tyed togather its his style. If it wasnt for the GM Sanchez would still be here.

16. irishwhip03

irishwhip03 Well-Known Member

IMO the only QB worth taking in next years draft is Sean Mannion from Oregon St.

If thats the guy were going for if things crash and burn then Im all for it. If not then we need to sign a free agent (god knows whos out there) to compete with Geno.

Vick should not be in our long term plans.

17. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

Someone get Geno a WR who can stay healthy for heaven sake... sure its also on him but it will make it a hell of a lot easier on him

18. legler82

Yes, but there are certain things you see on film you know will translate well to the NFL. Beyond the elite athleticism he has for the position, he has quick compact release, good footwork, shows poise and composure in the pocket and good decision making. What you can't see because his WRs are usually so wide open is how accurate he really is, ball placement and the ability to fit the ball in tight windows. He's also mad young and supposedly mad quiet. Don't know too many quiet great QBs.

19. BleedGreen89

He's dead accurate and his ability to escape pressure is uncanny...like this play against MSU on 3rd down that changed the game

20. BigSnacks54

BigSnacks54 Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, he'll be a top 3 pick.

If Geno we're to flame out, the remaning QB in our range would be Petty, Hundley, Shaw, and Mannion.

I'm not a fan of any them, especially Hundely. He's got bust written all over him in my opinion.