2014 Jets Free Agency Tracker

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Agree. It could mean a bunch of things but it is coincidental to be happening right now lol

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I am very torn, part of me feels that way too but then I look at the possibilities to replace him and I don't see much. Obviously I think he can play and I'd be happy about that, it would be the greatest comeback ever if he could succeed again here. I'm rooting for it.

3. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

Because the distraction he creates is not worth the potential money savings, and quite frankly, I am tired of seeing D-Lineman getting interceptions.

4. Falco21

He isn't a distraction to anyone in our organization. The media is painting some bullshit picture that he will get in the way of Genos development and will distract the team. Bullshit. He is a veteran QB who has plenty of experience, including playoff experience. He either beats out Geno, because he is the better QB, or he mentors him while staying on the sideline.

5. nyjunc

I would love a real competition this summer btw Mark and Geno. I think geno is ready to step up and compete and as long as mark is healthy I think he will too. It may be tense at times but it will make our team better. 2 starting caliber QBs battling for the job on an offense w/ real weapons(which I assume we'll be getting in FA & the draft).

6. Jay Bizniss

If Sanchez is back here, all we will hear about is him all off-season... Nothing about Geno... The headlines will read "Sanchez aims to suplant Geno", "Comeback Kid", "Geno better watch out" and so on and so forth.... Media constantly at his locker, this is all distractions we don't need... Idzik is trying to get away from the circus atmosphere which he has done so far.. Bringing back Sanchez just brings us right back into that circus circle.

7. Falco21

Profootball reporting that we will be using the extra year option on Wilkerson and we will be letting Willie Colon hit free agency.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

8. Jay Bizniss

Shame... I know its smart from a business standpoint, but I feel bad for Wilkerson.. I was reading that with the option in 2015, and franchising him in 2016, we can have him for the next 3 years for about 20 million total!! Unreal.

9. Jay Bizniss

This will probably work out better for him anyway, as he is going to want to wait and see what Watt gets anyway before inking anything.

10. nyjunc

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN 3m
    Source: Jets currently in "serious negotiations" with TE Jeff Cumberland. Unclear whether deal happens before start of new league year #nyj

I like this, Cumberland is ascending. we still need TE help but pairing Jeff up w/ another TE(whether through the draft or FA) will be good for this team.

11. Falco21

Brian Bassett
    Jets expected to pick up fifth-year on Wilkerson

Manish Mehta
    Source: Jets have had recent discussions with Mo Wilkerson's camp. #NYJ plans to exercise 5th-year option #nyj

12. MoWilkNYJ

MoWilkNYJ Well-Known Member

We definitely need to address the guard position. I wonder if Campbell from last year's draft might make a leap out of nowhere like Snacks did.

13. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Sanchez is a rich playboy - of course he wants a loft in NYC. I wouldn't read too much into that news.

14. Jay Bizniss

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN 56m
    Mark Sanchez wasn't even in NY this week, so I'm not sure how he could be checking out a loft in Tribeca. #nyj

Who knows what to believe..

15. Jay Bizniss

Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini 42m
    Mark Sanchez wasn't apartment hunting in NYC this week, per source, refuting reports. #Jets QB has been in California, not NY.

Who knows what to believe.

16. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

I want to keep Colon but if they let him walk I hope Campbell or Aboushi is able to step in and play well.

17. Jay Bizniss

Terrorist Aboushi?

Red Menace likes this.
  18. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

I think the team needs to pick up a guard in free agency to compete on the left or right side. I'd be very skeptical of seeing them open the season with Winters at LG and Aboushi/Campbell at RG.

19. Jay Bizniss

20. Jay Bizniss

relax buddy.. only kidding around.