Introducing the game of the decade: GTA V

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by mute, Aug 17, 2013.

1. mute

mute Well-Known Member

UPDATED DECEMBER 2014

Unreal in-game footage makes GTA V totally look like a parallel reality
    [​IMG]

FINAL TRAILER FOR PS4 AND XBOX1

GRAND THEFT AUTO 5: A NEW PERSPECTIVE
    How first-person rewrites the whole experience.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/11/04/grand-theft-auto-v-a-new-perspective

Will finally be getting this game on PC. :) WATCH in 1080p

Grand Theft Auto V Coming this Fall to PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC

Today we're proud to announce that the critically-acclaimed and record-breaking Grand Theft Auto V is coming this fall to PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC.

Grand Theft Auto V will take full advantage of the power of the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC with across-the-board graphical and technical improvements to deliver a stunning new level of detail. Increased draw distances, finer texture details, denser traffic, and enhanced resolutions all work together to bring new life to the cities, towns, deserts and oceans of Rockstar North’s epic reimagining of Southern California.

Switch between the interconnected lives of Michael, Trevor and Franklin as they embark on a series of heists across Los Santos and Blaine County in the biggest, deepest and richest open world experience yet, with game world enhancements that include new wildlife, upgraded weather and damage effects, and an array of new details to discover.

The new generation upgrades also extend to Grand Theft Auto Online, an ever-evolving Grand Theft Auto universe. Rise through the criminal ranks by banding together to complete Jobs for cash, purchase properties, vehicles and character upgrades, compete in traditional competitive modes, or create your own content to play and share with the Grand Theft Auto community.

All new content and gameplay created since the launch of Grand Theft Auto Online, including an extensive array of new Jobs, an arsenal of new weapons, scores of new vehicles, new properties and player customizations will also be available for the PlayStation 4 system, Xbox One and PC with much more to come. In addition, the current community of players will have the ability to transfer their Grand Theft Auto Online characters and progression to their choice of PlayStation 4, Xbox One or PC.

Grand Theft Auto V for PC will also feature a video editor designed for advanced movie-making.

Check out the new video that debuted tonight during Sony's E3 press conference above, and visit rockstargames.com/V/order to pre-order.

-----

There also will be more animals (more believable this time as they will act more natural, roam in packs, hunt, etc), more weather effects, blah blah blah. Also newer content but they havent specified yet what exactly. Basically what GTA5 should of been in the beginning but couldnt be due to old hardware. Here are the before and after.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and of course the vid clearly shows the difference more as these gif images are low quality.

------------------
    GTA V :metal:

GTA online (comes with GTA 5):

[YOUTUBE]olEGtoYs_8A[/YOUTUBE]

GTA5 Trailers

[YOUTUBE]A0RLOOyhr9M[/YOUTUBE]

Grand Theft Auto Online Looks Friggin' Amazing [UPDATE]

You can parachute, play tennis, and drive around the city robbing banks with your friends in the multiplayer mode of Grand Theft Auto V, which Rockstar showed off today.

GTAV comes out for PS3 and Xbox 360, and with it comes Grand Theft Auto Online, an online mode that lets you customize a character—hey, you can play as a woman! (like you could in GTAIV's online mode)—and wander around Los Santos with up to 15 other people. Today's video shows players doing all sorts of missions, buying apartments, and even creating their own scenarios to screw around in.

Grand Theft Auto Online won't be available at launch—it'll open up on October 1.

GameSpot's got more details in a big preview they published today, and the multiplayer mode seems ambitious as hell. Some details:

There's a stock market, which won't be available at launch but will be insane whenever Rockstar does put it in. You can invest in a car manufacturer and then storm around the city destroying every one of their cars so they have to pump out more (and their stock increases accordingly). Wow.
    There's also a fascinating new take on spectator mode, GameSpot reports: you could be in your apartment and see a police car down below your window somewhere, turn on the TV, and watch one of your friends run-n-gun with cops in real time.
    "It'll be GTA Online; it's not part of GTA 5," Rockstar North president Leslie Benzies told CVG. "Obviously it's set in the GTA 5 engine, but it's going to grow and evolve into its own thing."
    When the multiplayer mode launches, it'll be accessible through your character select wheel: in addition to the main three characters, Michael, Trevor, and Franklin, you'll have a fourth option for multiplayer.
    GTA Online will initially cover the same terrain as the pseudo-California-based GTA V. But Rockstar is hinting that we'll be breaking those borders at some point. From the company's official description: "Grand Theft Auto Online … begins by sharing gameplay features, geography and mechanics with Grand Theft Auto V, but will continue to expand and evolve after its launch.."
    AI characters "will react to the urgency in your voice," CVG says. Whoa. And... "Suddenly, a Rockstar developer sat next to us starts chatting into his headset and his on-screen character does the same, lip-synching broadly in time."
    While GTA Online seems like it's mostly made for multiplayer, there'll be ways to solo at least some of it. According to Rockstar: "In Grand Theft Auto Online, players have the freedom to explore alone or with friends, work cooperatively to complete missions…"
    According to GameSpot's preview, Rockstar won't be offering GTA Online's mission-creator tools at launch. They'll be rolled out some time after Oct. 1

UPDATE: One line in Rockstar's official description of their GTA Online trailer led some readers to speculate that GTAO would be tied to an online pass: "Access to Grand Theft Auto Online is free with every retail copy of Grand Theft Auto V and launches on October 1st." Not so, a Rockstar spokseperson told Kotaku. There is no online pass or code required for activating GTAO. Just buy GTA V and it'll become available via GTA V's character wheel (the fourth of four slots) on the first of October.

http://kotaku.com/this-is-grand-theft-auto-online-1148134265
    Blink And You'll Miss These Key Parts of the New GTA V Trailer
    http://kotaku.com/blink-and-youll-miss-these-key-parts-of-the-new-gta-v-719529538

#1 mute, Aug 17, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2014
  2. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

Looks Amazing.

3. mute

mute Well-Known Member

Final Trailer

[YOUTUBE]hvoD7ehZPcM[/YOUTUBE]

4. mute

mute Well-Known Member

Good Lord, The GTA V Soundtrack Is Going To Be Amazing
    [​IMG]

Long have the Grand Theft Auto games existed in their own musical stratosphere, so far beyond other games' soundtracks that a comparison seems almost unfair. It's no surprise to hear that GTA V will have a phenomenal soundtrack, given the tracklist info that's already leaked. But now that Rockstar has begun to announce official info, it's somehow sounding even better.

Rolling Stone has got the scoop straight from Rockstar on the radio stations and the celebrity DJs they'll feature, along with a great interview with Rockstar soundtrack supervisor Ivan Pavlovich. If you're into GTA music, go read it. They've also got music samplers from some of the stations, which I've linked to below.

Here are some salient points:

GTA V will have 15 radio stations, two talk radio stations, 240 (!!) licensed songs, and what Pavlovich calls "20 movies' worth of score." That is officially a shitload of music. 1
    There've got some outstanding celebrity radio DJs, including Pam Grier for a soul station, Bootsy Collins hosting an 80s funk station, and Kenny Loggins hosting the classic rock station. Which hopefully will still be set to play every time you climb into a helicopter. 2345
    The station "Vinewood Boulevard Radio" is a modern rock station hosted by Stephen Pope and Nate Williams from Wavves. Listen here.
    "East LOS FM" radio will feature a bunch of different types of Mexican music, hosted by Camilo Lara. Listen here.
    "West Coast Classics" will be hosted by DJ Pooh, who Pavlovich points out created the movie Friday, and who I'm pointing out helped write Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. Listen here.
    "Rebel Radio" will feature what Pavlovich calls "outlaw country" music and will be hosted by Jesco White. Listen here.
    The original score—a first for a GTA game—is sounding incredibly ambitious. Pavlovich says that the score will combine the work of three composers, Edgar Froese of Tangerine Dream; Woody Jackson, who scored Red Dead Redemption and L.A. Noire; and Alchemist and Oh No. Here's Pavlovich on how the music will work in the game:

Although each of these composers is used to define a character or an environment, what's been interesting about this process is that it's been the first fully collaborative score that we've done. Even though you may be triggering one score with a particular character or within a particular area in the world, you're always hearing elements from the other composers. The first time you come into the country you're blown away by Woody Jackson's rock score, but within that you're still hearing elements of Tangerine Dream, and Alchemist and Oh No. So you're never too far away from this core sound that we've established for the game.

That sounds amazing. Considering how well Rockstar has done recently with original scores for their games, I'm dying to hear what the GTA V score will sound like.

Flying Lotus will also be collaborating with rapper Tyler the Creator to do an original tune for GTA V. According to Pavlovich, Tyler has been a fan of GTA since San Andreas, and was happy to get on board with the new game.6

There's a bunch more over at Rolling Stone and Pitchfork. I don't know about you, but combining those new stations with the ones that already leaked, as well as this talk of the original score... yeah, this is all sounding pretty damned good.

http://kotaku.com/good-lord-the-gta-v-soundtrack-is-going-to-be-amazing-1217367806

5. mute

mute Well-Known Member

6. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

ok so my favorite game EVER was Red Dead Redemption...I am thinking of getting this game as I enjoy Rockstar and the reviews are stellar...What are exclusives for pre-ordering? I may be late to do that now because of the game coming out tmrw

7. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Also should I buy the GTA4 complete edition before getting this one? Problem is I want tog et the new Batman game too...Thing is I dont know if I have the time to play every game

#7 Poeman, Sep 16, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2013
  8. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

My thing is, I loved playing the original few on PS, and on PS2 I loved Vice City. Past that I've never much played the games. I'd love to get this game soon, but storyline wise I think it just wouldn't be worth it, sort of like trying to jump into a Metal Gear game randomly.

9. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

How so? is it not a open world like Red Dead and other GTA games?

10. mute

mute Well-Known Member

http://www.ign.com/wikis/gta-5/Special_Editions_and_Pre-Order_Bonuses

You dont need to play the complete edition of GTA4 though it wouldnt hurt if you do. The characters, although in the same universe as GTA5 will most likely not carry over into 5. 5 is completely new and has its own stories, etc. GTA4 imo was a masterpiece for its time. It actually felt like you were part of the city and felt like real NewYorkCity. If you can get it for cheap later down the road go ahead.
    its open world. Its the biggest and most detailed open world game created by R*. Its bigger than the old San Andreas, RDR, and GTA4 combine :eek:hmy:
    According to the reviews, GTA4 felt like a real breathing city. GTA5 feels like a real breathing world.
    [​IMG]
    http://kotaku.com/5958949/rockstar-...ead-redemption-san-andreas-and-gtaiv-combined

#10 mute, Sep 16, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2013
  11. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Damn bro...Im going to think about getting this if the open world is indeed that big.

12. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

i gave in and got it...will play soon and provide feedback

13. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

Honestly never been a huge GTA fan. I've played almost all of them back to GTA2 but I usually get bored of the story and just go on an endless rampage which is fun for awhile but then that gets kind of boring too.

That being said I've heard a lot of good things about this one and I like the GTA Online idea so I think I'll pick this game up at some point. Maybe over the weekend. I'll try to get through all of the missions first and then go on my rampages and whatnot.

If anyone wants to post their thoughts, a review, funny things that they saw happen (Rockstar glitches are usually the best) and whatnot that would be interesting.

For the record: I haven't played this game but I would be shocked if I like it more than The Last of Us which IMO is GOTY.

14. Scruggy

Scruggy Active Member

I picked it up last night.
    Sooooooo f'n fun. I played for almost 3 hours last night.

I did a few missions after the prologue -- then decided to wreak some havoc.
    I drove around in a stolen fly ride (Getting a feel for the city) -- and I discovered the airport . . .

I hopped over a fence to get to the runway, and start running towards the nearest Lear jet -- I immediately draw a 3 star wanted level. Police choppers begin shooting at me as I'm hopping in the jet. It took a little finagling, but I got it backed up onto the runway, and took off. Flying was pretty intuitive, and I lost the wanted level pretty quickly once I got my altitude up.

Now, young Scruggy be flyin! Havin a nice flight feel of the city, I soon spot a beautiful lake above a dam. I know there's no way I'm landing this thing without crashing, so I come in real low over the lake, and bail out! Surprisingly, I hit the water with little damage, and live! I surface in time to see my pilfered jet crash and explode into the pumping station next to the lake.

I decide to go check out the fiery remains, and swim towards it. Then I see this fuggin rad punch buggy conversion off road dune buggy hybrid, and decide -- that's mah new fly ride! I steal that motha f'er, and drive back to my pad, and park it in my garage.

All in a days work.

15. The Green Dude

The Green Dude 2008 Best Avatar Award Winner

This game is unbelievable...

My first 15 mins in, the first place I went was the titty bar and took home a virtual stripper.

16. The Green Dude

The Green Dude 2008 Best Avatar Award Winner

I wonder how GTA Online is going to be... I dunno if I made a mistake by getting it for PS3

17. Scruggy

Scruggy Active Member

It's going to be fly.
    I just hope I dont need to sign up for xbox live gold.

18. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

If you don't have gold you won't be able to play online.. Same as every other Xbox game.

19. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Why is that a mistake? I got it for PS3...I think its going to be a little like Red Dead Redemption...You take a character into the world and there is a max of 16 people in it. Alot of them are groupies I think doing missions. I havent tried it yet.

Franklin's friend is one funny *****

20. FinFan4Ever

FinFan4Ever Member

**SPOILER ALERT FOR THOSE WHO HAVEN'T GOTTEN FAR IN THE STORY LINE**

I love how during the jewelry heist when Michael needs to put his crew together and Lester talks about some Easter European who's making some noise but then says, "I think he's retired though."