Offseason OTAs & Minicamp thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, May 22, 2013.

1. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Today is the first day of media availability. So far, it looks like Geno and Sanchez are battling it out... in every wrong way possible.

Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    Sanchez intercepted by Cromartie on third play. #Jets

Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    Geno picked off on second throw

Geno's pick came on a tipped ball and looked like an incompletion to me. Ref called it a pick.

McElroy gets one throw and it hit a lineman's head

Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    Geno Smith in first period: 6 plays, 0-for-4, 1 INT (1 drop), 1 penalty. #Jets

2. NFL

NFL Active Member

Lol, I had a feeling that the defense was going to shit on the offense.

3. BroadwayAaron

Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    TE Hayden Smith, former rugby player, looks much improved. Has made a few catches. #Jets

This could be a nice, much-needed surprise.

4. NFL

NFL Active Member

According to Cimini Hayden Smith is looking good with a couple catches.

Edit, just saw that you just posted that.. Anyways, hopefully he does look better. I wouldn't mind him as the #2 if he looks good.

5. Ajitator

Ajitator Well-Known Member

Is it September yet?

Seriously I thought we were done with this kind of crap when TBo left. It's OTAs. people are in shorts. Tap the breaks.

6. BroadwayAaron

It was here before Tebow was, so why would it leave because Tebow did? This is the first time our team is together on the field practicing as a unit, pads or not. It's pretty important. Maybe not the numbers so much, but the event as a whole.

7. NFL

NFL Active Member

I would really like to know who's getting the sacks..

8. Ajitator

Agreed, I would love to know the demeanor and hear how the team is looking / shaping up.

Tracking the completion % and results of every snap our QBs take is asinine. How sharp do the throws look, Are they receivers dropped balls. are WRs on the same page? There are so many unknowns that you can't deduce anything from the #s. They just use it to create something easy to talk about as opposed to actually breaking down what's happening in practice.

"I can take notes on what players are looking good and who's making plays, or i can just track each throw Geno and Sanchez make and call it a day"

9. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Well, if you only want Jets news or to talk football in September, you can gladly go the fuck away till then, no one will miss you a bit.

I for one stay here year round and enjoy the camp reports. Thx for posting the tweets.

10. Ajitator

I know Coples and Pace blew up a play up the middle but Sanchez threw it away,

As for the other sacks, it doesn't matter, Did you see Geno went 0 for 4? Sanchez = Superbowl!

11. Ajitator

Guess I should have been more clear, I was directly speaking to the tracking of stats in training camp. It should be more about feel and the direction of the team, Stats don't mean a thing. Next thing we know we'll start getting how many yards Ivory picked up in OTAs.

I'm here year round as well, and enjoy meaningful camp reports.. Just not the quasi-journalism stat sheets that get blasted out. I apologize if I offended you in anyway.

MEeeee and Harpuaaaa,. Couldn't care if you uh....

12. NFL

NFL Active Member

Doesn't really say much by just looking at the numbers. We all know that the DBs are way more skilled than the WRs at this point.

Don't forget that Holmes is still out, so if we think about who's starting at WR right now we should know that the QBs aren't going to put up good numbers.

13. Ajitator

</sarcasm>

hahaha, I was being completely facetious. Would love to know who's making the plays on defense.

14. BroadwayAaron

Pretty sure Hill is sitting out as well. And Jordan White, even though he's nothing special he's one of the few in the receiving corps who has experience.

15. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Exactly there is no way Geno will look good this week. What you are trying to find out is how he handles his business. Is he overwhelmed is he improving. How do his fundamentals look.

Sanchez you want to know how quickly he is grasping this offense is he make the right reads etc.

16. BroadwayAaron

Seth Walder ‏@SethWalderNYDN
    Mark Sanchez was just picked off by Snacks (Damon Harrison) on a screen. Maybe sacked...maybe not. #nyj

Jesus, on a screen?!

17. BroadwayAaron

Seth Walder ‏@SethWalderNYDN
    And Sanchez was just picked off again! This time by Jaiquawn Jarrett on a seam route. #nyj

AHAHA this is awesome!

18. NFL

NFL Active Member

I agree with you on this. Like I said on my last post, the defense is obviously going to outplay the offense. R offense should be doing something but I won't really look at the stats much.

19. Ajitator

Anyone able to get a valid list of the WRs participating today? Would love to know who they're throwing to.

20. NFL

NFL Active Member

It's sad really.