Mike T does a top 10 mock for NFLN

Discussion in 'Draft' started by gsulli5861, Feb 21, 2013.

1. gsulli5861

gsulli5861 New Member

1 Joeckel
    2 milliner
    3 Floyd
    4 Star
    5 Jordan
    6 Warmack
    7 Smith
    8 Vaccaro
    9 Patterson
    10 Richardson

2. laxin

laxin Active Member

Interesting that he picked an offensive player for us, specifically a WR. I think Patterson could shoot up boards with a good combine (4.4 40 and a good weigh in).

3. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

I just saw this, interesting choices. Floyd at 3 overall.

no Fisher, Mingo, Jones, Werner or Moore in the top 10.

4. MoWilkNYJ

MoWilkNYJ Well-Known Member

Why is it that Werner and Moore keep dropping? In the past they were surefire top 7 picks.

5. wildaces

wildaces Banned

Tanny still doesn't want a pass rush, and we don't have any OLB under contract right now.

6. wildaces

wildaces Banned

Werner is a product of the system, great first step, but horrible pursuit, IMO
    Moore looks lost on a lot of plays, IMO

7. NYJETS4life24

NYJETS4life24 Active Member

The more I watch of Patterson the more I want us to draft him. Yes we do need an OLB/pass rusher but are defense has been solid without one for 4 years under Rex. Plus I think the combo of wilk and coples will generate a pretty good pass rush and they are only going to improve. The league is about offense now and we need that type of guy that is a threat to break it for a long gain or score every time he touches the ball. Can't remember the last player that we had that was a huge threat. I see Patterson being a huge playermaker. I can see us passing on him and dolphins taking him then him having a great career

8. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

I've been going back & forth on this. Used to be 100% against WR when I was first posting on draft forums. Looking more at this draft, I'm seeing some solid OLB prospects in 2nd & 3rd rounds.

If Holmes doesn't return, then next year's WR crew = Kerley, Hill, ???

If Hill doesn't develop then Jets are really screwed & it could be even worst than last season's WR core. Add in the fact that rookie WR are rarely productive (even if they wind up having solid careers). It would be nice to have Kerley, Hill, 2nd year WR with some potential.

Plus, I've taken the attitude that Jets need two years of drafting (minimum) to fix this mess. So grabbing the potential #1 WR now instead of next season isn't so shocking to me anymore.

9. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

I'd be against it this year. WR class is deep, premium OLBs are hard to get when you pick out of the top 15 / top 20. I'd much prefer we went OLB in rd 1 and WR / TE in rd 2 this year...

10. NYJETS4life24

NYJETS4life24 Active Member

I want patterson but at the same time I wan Jordan, Warmack, jones. It's actually a really good position to be in, eaither way we are going to come out ofthe first round with a good football player

11. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

I wonder if that's an indication of what he thinks about Stephen Hill..

12. twown

twown Well-Known Member

Darrelle Patterson!?!?
    No, Mike. It's CORdarrelle.
    Oh. Well... close enough.

13. MoWilkNYJ

He's one of the few people on offense that wouldn't be a reach at 9.
    Are the claims that he catches with his body an issue? Haven't seen a whole lot of tape on the guy.

14. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

It is. Hill was always seen as raw, but after last year looks like he may need far more time than anticipated. The concentration issues were disturbing last season.

15. MoWilkNYJ

If they do draft Patterson and he and Hill reach their full potential, that is a dominant receiving duo with Kerley in the mix. Plus the cancer Holmes can leave the locker room and drop that ridiculous contract.

16. gsulli5861

gsulli5861 New Member

Patterson is an explosive player who could also handle kickoffs and punts. Holmes is gone after this year so it does make sense. If the right OLB is available I have no problem going in that direction.

17. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

college WRs are interesting. like if you look at the stats for julio jones and AJ green they weren't insanely crazy. you really look into a WR like patterson with what COULD he be. with his measurable, speed, and strength he could be really good. only thing is does he catch with his body or his hands? thats a biggie for me

18. Petey

Petey Active Member

Which makes me wonder, who wanted Stephen Hill? Rex didn't. If your right, it sounds like Tannenbaum isn't his biggest supporter. Strange.

19. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

I like Patterson. but I would take Hopkins over him anyday.

20. laxin

laxin Active Member

At 6'2 and 216, thats a very solid weigh in today for him. Very comparable to Julio Jones. He reminds me of a mix of Julio and a bigger Percy Harvin. Remember, the Jets loved Harvin when he came out... Honestly, the more I watch of him the more I love him. I think this group of WR's are going to be very good, and Patterson looks to be the best.

As ajax said, something this team hasnt had years is a playmaker on offense. A legitimate #1 that SCARES defenses. No one on our team scares a defense... Patterson would. He's still raw, but he doesnt have to know every route coming in. You get him in space with screens, end arounds, quick slants, outs, short comebacks and even as a RB ad this guy could be a big time producer from the start.

Whats the best way to develop a young QB? Give him weapons. The reality is, is that we are going to need to address the QB position in the nest two years, and if we want him to be in the best chance possible, giving him a talented group is the way to go (look at Matt Ryan).