2013 UFA QB's

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DarrelleRevis.Human?, Jan 3, 2013.

1. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

Here's a list of the 2013 UFA QB's, there's a few on here I would rather see starting instead of Sanchez. What are your thoughts?

QB Derek Anderson
    QB Charlie Batch
    QB Jason Campbell
    QB David Carr
    QB Kellen Clemens
    QB Chase Daniel
    QB Joe Flacco
    QB Bruce Gradkowski
    QB Rex Grossman
    QB Tarvaris Jackson
    QB Byron Leftwich
    QB Matt Leinart
    QB Josh McCown
    QB Luke McCown
    QB Matt Moore
    QB Jordan Palmer
    QB Brady Quinn
    QB Tyler Thigpen
    QB Dre Stanton

(I say all of what I'm about to say with the caveat that this is NOT my answer for the future. It's my response to us not being able to get a long shot vet like Romo or Rivers, and drafting a rookie QB either this year or next)

The players I have bolded are all choices I would rather see here instead of Sanchez this year. Campbell looked really good in 2011 until he broke his clavical, he would be my first choice.
    Following that would be Matt Moore. I like Moore's leadership and he is really the type of player we've need the last 4 years, he's the perfect "game manager".
    Gradkowski and Carr I just lump into the same category of I would want them if we couldn't get Moore or Campbell.
    Gradkowski has had flashes of being pretty darn good when given the opportunity, the problem he's had is he's played on some really bad teams.
    Carr is a player that I've thought was a complete bust since day 1. Honestly though if you've seen how he looks lately when he takes the field he's a completely different player than what he was starting for Carolina or Houston.

2. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Jason Campbell is the best caretaker off of that list. He's careful with the football and he'll go a long way towards getting Jets fans blood pressure down during the season next year.

We're going to win like 6 to 9 games next year and having a guy who doesn't throw games away is probably the difference between the low and high ends of that scale. With a little luck the Jets might even be in the tourney at the end.

3. Danny@ATL

Danny@ATL New Member

Drew Stanton. I think he liked being a Jet.

4. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Can't go wrong with Jason Campbell really. When he had a strong running game in Oakland with Hue Jackson it looked like the Raiders were going to make the playoffs, it wasn't until he got injured that the Raiders began sucking again. If we get a new feature back in the draft as well as some offensive line-man Campbell would be a good addition for next season.

Rather have Teddy Bridgewater though in that 2014 draft though ... Jason Campbell comes here we can prob win a decent amount of games

5. German Jets Fan

German Jets Fan 2007 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

Besides Flacco, who won´t hit FA, the only player i´m really interrested in is Chase Daniel.

6. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

So Sanchez is going to be the starter next year I guess. :eek:hmy::mad::shit::sad:

7. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I'd kind of like to see the Jets competitive next season and then a disaster the year after when Johnny Football is coming to town.

8. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

I would consider signing both Matt Moore AND Gradowski.
    If nothing else, these guys have the respect of their teammates, and at least a moderate upside. They'll come cheap.
    Let them compete it out. We need a backup as well. Sign both.

9. NJJ_Jersey_Jets

NJJ_Jersey_Jets Well-Known Member

Blows my mind how David Garrard doesn't have a job. He's been pretty decent over his career, and he was very good two years ago. Jags were idiotic for cutting him

10. BronxJet

BronxJet Banned

Last time Campbell started Oakland looked decent. If you look at his stats he's a clear upgrade over Sanchez. If we don't get a good deal on Matt Flynn I'm ok with Campbell, McELroy and Sanchez competing during camp.

Let's draft a QB in 2014 when actual elite prospects could come out instead of forcing it now like 2009.

11. laxin

laxin Active Member

Id honestly rather start McElroy at that point, aside from Matt Moore. Who knows, maybe we tank the season and end up in position to take Teddy Bridgewater... Id deal with one horrible season if it meant getting out franchise QB.

12. BronxJet

BronxJet Banned

2014 has a chance of having a good amount of elite QB prospects.

The great thing is that Clowney might be a lock for the #1 overall pick which makes it easier to move up and get the QB prospect you want.

As much as I want to trade down this year, if we focus on building a solid team to surround a future franchise QB with (as we should) I wouldn't mind trading up

13. NFL

NFL Active Member

Like others have said, I would really like to get a franchise QB in one of these upcoming drafts. I know there aren't many this draft so maybe next year. I would say tank, but its just really hard for me to say that. Hopefully we'll just be really bad to the point that we can get someone good, but even with Sanchez starting I don't see us too far from 8-8.

14. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

Times are going to be hard for the next few years in Jet Land. Take Matt Moore as a stop Gap and build the rest of the team until a QB can be had in the draft.

15. NFL

NFL Active Member

That's the problem though, at least to me. If we get a decent QB now in the FA, we'll be around 8-8 every season, that gives you a mid round pick where its hard to find an Elite QB. Then if someone actually shows up and the Jets get into him, there going to have to trade up again and just do the circle all over.

16. 101GangGreen101

You are predicting them to win 6-9 games. We aren't winning a SB with Jason Campbell as our QB. I'm not saying the Jets will be competitive because they usually are 75% of the time. That doesn't mean we'll win those games though. Defense can only do so much. I'm not so sure about Johnny Football as a pro-prospect right now. Teddy will be coming to the 2014 NFL Draft. He's going to be a special player. It would be worth one more season of suffering to get him. I don't think we'll be good either next season. 5-11 maybe right now.

17. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Sad part is he's probably has the most upside on that shitty list....... Campbell would probably be the best manager / lowest floor of the bunch.

18. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

Chase Daniel

Then McElroy could be his backup just like in HS.

19. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

None of them are anything to get even remotely excited about - go with whomever and draft a QB in the 1st round next year.

20. 101GangGreen101

Rex Ryan (HC / DC) + Norv Turner (OC) + Marc Ross (GM - Personnel) + Teddy Bridgewater Franchise QB. Get your skill players in this draft (running back, offensive line, linebacker). Much better shape.