Phillip Rivers/Norv Turner combo?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DarrelleRevis.Human?, Jan 1, 2013.

1. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

I have been thinking about this being a posibility for us all year with the disappointment the Chargers have in Rivers, and Norv on his way out. Now this tweet surfaces, it makes one think.

I believe Rivers can be an elite QB once again given the right circumstances. The guy is only 31.

Just to keep a few things in perspective before people scoff at the idea of Rivers a "regressing QB whos better days are behind him" as some people think.

Phillip Rivers:
    4x Pro Bowler
    career QB rating - 94.5
    never missed a game
    70 career wins

#1 DarrelleRevis.Human?, Jan 1, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2013
  2. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

One thing is for certain, We need to fire Sparano and make that change before Norv ends up back in Dallas leading them to another Superbowl. Norv Turner won 3 straight fucking Superbowls as the OC of the Cowboys, Troy Akmien has said puplicly that Norv is the best playcaller in NFL history , it's a strong statement but it has some weight to it. I wouldn't be against having Rivers over Sanchez

3. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

I'm in. I know Rivers is flawed but he'd know the playbook and is still fucking miles better than Nacho.

4. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Philip Rivers + Stephen Hill = sad panda Rivers remembering what he had in Vincent Jackson.

Just my opinion of course but I think it's probably accurate.

5. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Rivers throws INT's and fumbles just as much as Sanchez.

6. NotSatoshiNakamoto

If you can make this happen by throwing Revis at them, do it, now.

7. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Except he puts up way more yards and completions.

8. DarrelleRevis.Human?

I agree. I think that an OC is needed badly, and a QB is paramount. If we secure Norv it would be a motivating factor for free agents to want to sign as well. I don't however think Norv would want to deal with Jerry Jones, I could see the Ravens going after him hard though.

9. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Rivers has shown a floor near Sanchez but he's also got a much higher ceiling.

10. b.reyes16

b.reyes16 Well-Known Member

I think both QB would thrive if this were to happen. Sanchez gets to return to cali and Rivers gets to stay with Norv.

11. laxin

laxin Active Member

You think we would have to give up Revis for Rivers? Or that SD would have to add in more to the trade?

Because Rivers hasnt been anything special the last two years (but better than Sanchez) and they are probably ready to move on. I think they might have to throw in some draft picks in order to get Revis also.

12. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

The idea that adding Norv and Rivers to the Jets carousel will somehow improve things is nutty.

We need to add a couple more underachievers to the crew we got in here now. All it will cost us is Revis, one of the few real winners we have on this team. because the Chargers would laugh in the Jets face if offered Sanchez for Rivers straight up.

13. Axel3419

Axel3419 Well-Known Member

I don't want to trade Revis for a regressing Qb that hasn't been "good" in over two years. Revis should only be packaged in a trade if we 100% cannot re-sign him, and that trade should definitely involve draft picks from both 2013 and 2014. Just my opinion.

I like Rivers though, especially over the earlier talks about Vick. He would be a great Qb to start until we find our next franchise guy.

14. laxin

laxin Active Member

If we drafted a QB either this year in the 2nd or 3rd like Nassib or drafted a QB high next year and let him develop behind Rivers, I would be for this. I dont think Rivers is the longterm solution and would hope that they look to bring in a young QB to develop.

15. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

Obviously this is all just speculation and I dont know what the ins and outs of a trade like this would be but in what world could we trade Mark Sanchez for Phillip Rivers?

I would assume a trade like this would involve us eating most of Mark's contract and giving them a pretty good amount of draft picks.

With that said, knowing that something like this is a fantasy and at the very least to early in our off season to take seriously I would love a trade that involved bringing Rivers to New York. Always been a huge fan of his.

16. DarrelleRevis.Human?

I think a lot of what's wrong with Rivers has been his environment in San Diego. A fresh start somewhere else could rejuvenate his career.

17. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Why trade Revis when you can trade Cromartie, I mean Really Trade Cromartie instead of Revis

18. DarrelleRevis.Human?

Trading Revis for anyone, ANYONE that's not a top 20 player regargless of position is just stupid.

19. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

If we could get Norv and Rivers and get rid of Sanchez I would be bursting with joy!

Please let it be true!!!

20. cromartiecove31

cromartiecove31 New Member

I wanna know how we would get Philip Rivers and how that deal would work, but that would be awesome, and with that we would just draft Offensive line with our first two picks, because Rivers has been screwed by a terrible offensive line