Should the Jets really pull the plug on Sanchez?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYJetsFan26, Dec 2, 2012.

1. NYJetsFan26

NYJetsFan26 New Member

I don't know? He's a 1st round draft pick taken 4th overall, the Jets moved up to get him, helped take them to back to back AFC titles games, one win away from the Superbowl which no QB in Jets history has ever done. Unless they draft another QB which this years draft has no big names like a Luck or RG3, should they really bet the farm on McElroy? Ya he comes from Alabama, a great College program but it was the Cardinals he beat today, not the Patriots..As for Tebow? I don't see him being a long term answer at QB, you have to build your whole offense to fit his skills and the Jets don't seem to be commited to doing that, I feel he was brought here to sell jersey's & seats...Lets face it, Sanchez has not had the cast around him this year that he has had in past years and Tony Sparono seems to suck as an offensive coordinator...I don't think Mark is 100% to blame. McElroy looked OK today but to give him the keys to the castle and bail on Mark is premature if you ask me. Maybe the Jets should trade for Kirk Cousins since RG3 is the Skins guy & they don't really need to keep Cousin, just like the Falcons didn't need Matt Schaub & that worked out great for the Texans..Again, I don't know, I just want the Jets to keep being a good football team, these last few years have been great & I don't want to see the same old Jets ever again, sanchez has been good for this team and I don't want to see him shipped off if he is not 100% to blame

2. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

See what McElroy can do. TC battle w/ retooled offense in 2013.

3. JetRizing89

JetRizing89 Well-Known Member

i wouldnt and ill get bashed for this but...

the team has no weapons

the running game is HIGHLY inconsistent

the playcalling is terrible

line is average at best

id bring him back and try it one more time with a revamped offense but if your not going to go out and make changes they might as well move on because as presently constructed sanchez wont get the job done and maybe you find a gem in mcelroy

the wrong move though would be to waste time on tebow because he is def not the answer at qb

4. MikeDevito

MikeDevito Active Member

Simple as McElroy won't lose us the game. He may not win it but he certainly won't throw it away.... ala Mark Sanchez

5. boston_jet

boston_jet New Member

5th overall

6. AarontheJet

AarontheJet Active Member

At this point, I'd say yes. Today was the last straw, he just didn't show up mentally at all. He's not long for the world of the NFL. Hell of a player his first 2 years when he played with confidence, but last year he just stopped caring and he did it again. He knew he had to play better to keep his job and he never elevated his play. I would have preferred that he turned it around, but it's not meant to be.

He's just not a good QB.

7. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

It's already been pulled

8. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

Done with Sanchez. Name one QB who has thrown an INT on the FIRST play from scrimmage this season.

Start McElroy. He won't lose games for us.

9. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Yes, pull the plug. He's not the answer. Continuing to play him at this point will just completely ruin any possibility he has at salvaging his career. but his time with the Jets is done, and i think is the QB position is the #1 challenge with this team.

10. GangGreenTay

GangGreenTay Active Member

Are you aware that we won a superbowl before (said no QB in jets history has ever), Mark was taken 5th, and McElroy basically put up 14 points in a half (you called him a farm qb)

11. NYJetsFan26

NYJetsFan26 New Member

My bad, I thought he was taken 4th overall?

12. GangGreenTay

GangGreenTay Active Member

Ok this is just bothering me now HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF JOE NAMATH?

13. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

I have been pro-Sanchez for a long time but the bonehead plays aren't ceasing. The first two picks today were incredibly bad. A pick six was also dropped. Roll with McElroy if he stinks it up give Tebow a crack, I guess.

Best case is we see some skill in McElroy and reload on offense heading into 2013 with a camp battle for the starting job. Sanchez will be here via contract.

14. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

I was a strong supporter of Sanchez but I must admit its tough to argue in favor of keeping him under center.
    I still think he's been handled poorly by this organization.
    I'd try and surround him with a better supporting cast for 2013 and see if he can get it done.
    That being said, I still think they need to bring in a legit QB to challenge him next season.

15. BTC

BTC New Member

exactly!!!!!

16. bassman

bassman Member

The guy is an average QB. I think that they should stick with him until someone impressive shows up. Doesn't really matter anyway. It seems that this teams ownership bailed on them before by allowing talent to walk away from here. They show no loyalty anyway so I guess they will kick him to the curb too.

17. gammatec

gammatec Member

McElroy will take you guys no where. He's a backup at best.

Sanchez needs to be traded imo to a team that actually knows how to build around a qb.

Not one qb in this league would be successful with this Jets team...ok Maybe Peyton or Brady, and that's about it. Two qb's with a lot of experience and talent.

What other qb will win with this Jets team?

The gap between play calling between the Jets and their opponents is mind boggling, another very important factor.

The kid plays great football when he has weapons. QB's need weapons, this team has none. No reciever, no running game, no creative play calling...oh nevermind, a wildcat with Tebow running up the middle every now and then.

As a Chargers fan, it angers me to see this, entire scenario reminds of when Charger fans blamed Drew Brees for everything. He had no weapons, was traded as a scapegoat then goes on to win the superbowl. We deserve (charger fans) the team we have right now. Jets fans will deserve the team they have if they go with McElroy. This team with a back up next year...good luck.

#17 gammatec, Dec 2, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2012
  18. NYJetsFan26

NYJetsFan26 New Member

I know Namath won a Superbowl, I'm not retarded, but he didn't do it in his 1st season, not that Sanchez did but what I'm getting at is if you look at the Jets history of QB's they drafted, no one had the success Sanchez did right out of the gate. Namath was drafted in what? 65? He won the Superbowl in 69. I just don't want the Jets to bail on Sanchez prematurely, say they do and he goes to another team and gets put into a good system & lights it up? Don't tell me that would not burn every Jets fan. A lot of people say that the Jets future QB if not Sanchez then they don't have one on the current roster.

19. SuperBowl50

SuperBowl50 Member

Call me crazy, but sitting may be the best thing to happen for SANCHEZ. The guy has been coddled all his career and he got lax after the 2nd AFC championship appearance. He's needed a kick in the butt for a long time now.

The irony is that if he sits for a couple weeks and something happens to McElroy, I expect he'll be much better.

20. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

If he can't respond he NFL career is over.