We want the Pumpkin

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by sec314, Oct 17, 2011.

1. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Its MNF in October and Halloween is around the corner. Years ago we played the Bills and got our heads handed to us. Someome brought inflatable pumpkins to the game and people were punching them to each other. A couple went on the field and eventually security deflated them. The crowd started the chant " We want the Pumpkin" and the next time, security punched it back to the crowd. We sucked back then, but the fan base had a great sense of humor and knew how to have fun. Not the same anymore but I would rather have a good team for sure. Like to see a fun loving roaring crowd tonight.

2. IATA

IATA Trolls

[​IMG]

BANNED FOR 1 DAY

#2 IATA, Oct 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2011
  3. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

If the Jets have a home game like that MNF Bills '88 game tonight against Miami then going to see the Jets will become a shirt and tie affair

4. JETSJETSJETS17

JETSJETSJETS17 Well-Known Member

5. The Sanchise

The Sanchise Active Member

Good post... It's almost Halloween and it's time to get rolling Jets

6. GatorGar

GatorGar Active Member

Instead of being funny, I just care that we win the game.

7. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

forget winning, we should be the most hilarious team around

8. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

Breaking: the Jets have signed Louis CK as Offensive Coordinator.

9. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

I should know better than to open a sec314 thread.

10. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

The home crowd still just wants to have fun. Half don't know what football even is. Might as well inflate some pumpkins for them. And Badge, I wish you were serious. He could probably call a good, no nonsense, game. Haha.

11. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

We already are, we have Rex.

While we're at it someone should bring a blow-up doll and toss it out of the upper deck again. Scared the shit out of the MNF team back in the day, they thought it was a body for a minute.

On a side note, tonight marks the first time I'm missing back-to-back home games since the last two home games of the 2003 season. First night game I'm missing since the Saturday night Pats game (Joe Namath/Suzy Kolber) in that same 2003 stretch. Barring any last-minute miracle, that is.

12. John127

John127 New Member

I will never forget the, "We want the pumpkin!" game.

Hey, we needed something to entertain us, the Jets sure didn't that night, if I recall.

13. ........

........ Trolls

Haha. That's so true. Haha. Such a clever otter. Haha.

14. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

For some reason the NFL always wanted to give us Buffalo on MNF at home in the Bruce Smith era. Never ended well.

15. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Thanks John, I am glad one person likes to laugh at what was and gets why I wrote it. These young kids just don't get what being a Jet fan means and how we got here. I new I would take some crap, but one poster relating is good enough.

16. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Looking at some of your posts, I take this is as the highest of compliments. Thanks kid.

17. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

Louis CK>>>>>>>>>tanny! Sign this beast!

18. jixxjr

jixxjr Well-Known Member

It was Campbell's "Chunky Soup" hat night. We were playing for 1st place in our division. The high point for the Jets was when they kicked off to start the game. Buffalo marched right down field as if our defense didn't even exist and when our offense got the ball, it only got worse. At half-time, the Jets were getting beat so bad (I think we were only down by 24 at that point) that the crowd in the upper deck set fire to their hats and threw them over the side onto the people in the lower deck. 2/3 of the crowd left at the half and THAT'S when the real fun began.

That was the night some people in the upper deck set up a bonfire (they stacked a huge pile of cardboard boxes and lit them up) in the stadium. One guy was video taped actually pissing on the fire. After that beer sales were stopped during the 3rd quarter, the prices tripled, the size of the beers was reduced and they outlawed any beer sales during night games.

As you can see, it was quite a memorable night. At future games not only were pumpkins regularly thrown about but people brought in inflatable sex dolls and they were also cast out amongst the crowds. It was quite interesting to watch them make their way around the stadium. :wink:

19. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

I've said this before, but it's a god damn shame that people like this have season tickets.

The crowd should stand behind their team. Tonight's crowd should be an angry crowd, because this a must win.

20. Coach K

Coach K New Member